Showing 81 through 88 of 88 articles for tag freshwater
- Friday, March 1, 2019 - FWC staff recently completed a series of listening sessions that provided the public with an opportunity to provide feedback about management activities on Florida waterbodies with a focus on invasive plant management. Based on the input provided at these meetings, the FWC will begin implementing a number of improvements.
FWC’s High School Fishing program announces Costa as premiere sponsor of conservation project initiativeTuesday, January 29, 2019 - The student angler participants must complete at least one conservation project in order to qualify for the funding associated with the program.
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 - During this pause, staff will work to collect public comments regarding the FWC’s aquatic plant management program.
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - This plan was constructed utilizing stakeholder input and will be used as a guide for black crappie management in Florida. FWC staff will present the plan’s background and objectives and are seeking input from the public on these components.
- Monday, December 17, 2018 - TrophyCatch program celebrated six years of trophy bass conservation at its annual Hall of Fame ceremony held at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Orlando. During the past six seasons, TrophyCatch has awarded prizes for the catch and release of more than 8,000 largemouth bass. There are 54 Hall of Fame anglers in the program to date.
- Thursday, December 6, 2018 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program awarded its Season 6 Phoenix 819 Pro bass boat and trailer, powered by a 200 hp Mercury Marine outboard, guided with a MotorGuide trolling motor and anchored with a Power-Pole, to Benjamin Porter from Jacksonville.
Support conservation while having fun this National Hunting and Fishing Day, celebrating #WhoTaughtYouTuesday, September 18, 2018 -
- Monday, June 11, 2018 - Since TrophyCatch was launched in 2012, there have been 430 TrophyCatch-approved largemouth bass weighing 8 pounds or heavier caught on Lake Istokpoga.