Showing 1 through 10 of 17 articles for tag education
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - Students in kindergarten through 12th grade can create an original piece of artwork and compete in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honors and prizes.
- Thursday, August 10, 2023 - Hunter safety courses are designed to help students become safe, responsible and knowledgeable hunters and learn about conservation.
- Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - This annual educational program focuses on teaching youth anglers about best fishing practices to help ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 - This contest is open to youth in grades kindergarten through twelfth grade from across the state. The deadline to enter is Feb. 28 – start your entry today!
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023 - Through the partnership, five additional schools were funded this year for the School Fishing Club Program, helping more students learn about ethical angling, conservation,
FWC collaborates with Duke Energy Florida and Coastal Conservation Association Florida to bring Aquaculture in the ClassroomTuesday, December 27, 2022 - The program teaches students the basic principles of aquaculture, marine research and how stock enhancement plays a role in supporting Florida’s marine fisheries.
- Friday, October 21, 2022 - FWC responds to red tide in Southwest Florida. The FWC is closely monitoring Southwest Florida, since Karenia brevis, also known as red tide, was detected in multiple samples in Manatee, Sarasota, Charlotte, and Lee counties this week. Red tide is a naturally occurring microscopic alga that has been documented along Florida’s Gulf Coast since the 1840s and occurs nearly every year.
- Monday, September 19, 2022 - Students in kindergarten through twelfth grade can compete in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honors and prizes.
- Thursday, September 8, 2022 - FWC, in partnership with Pubbly, a digital education company, created five interactive games that engage and educate students on marine fisheries conservation. Jump in and make a splash this school year with interactive games today at FloridaFishing.Pubbly.com.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - At its July meeting, the FWC unanimously approved changing the name of the High School Fishing Program to the School Fishing Club Program.