Showing 1 through 10 of 45 articles for tag law enforcement
- Monday, July 15, 2019 - The 2019 spiny lobster season opens with the two-day recreational mini-season July 24 and 25, followed by the regular commercial and recreational lobster season, which starts Aug. 6 and runs through March 31, 2020.
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will be working to keep waterways safe this weekend.
- Thursday, June 27, 2019 - The award, presented to FWC Lt. Jason Marlow, acknowledges work above and beyond duty requirements and recognizes distinguished service, professionalism and dedication to enforcing federal fishing regulations in the Gulf of Mexico.
FWC officers in Tampa receive additional equipment to help with boating under the influence investigationsThursday, June 20, 2019 - Officers in the Southwest Region received a breath alcohol tester, an Intoxilyzer 8000, to help them with their boating safety efforts.
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - Take a few minutes to make sure you have the necessary safety equipment on your vessels before leaving the boat ramp and take extra safety precautions while out on the water.
FWC announces final opportunity for municipalities, counties to apply for derelict vessel removal fundsTuesday, April 30, 2019 - The third application period for the Bulk Derelict Vessel Removal Grant Program begins Monday May 6 at 8 a.m. (EDT) and ends Wednesday June 19 at 5 p.m. (EDT).
- Monday, April 22, 2019 - FWC business manager John Fussell was nominated for the Distinguished Civilian Support Member Award, Lt. John Wilke received the Outstanding Law Enforcement Trainer of the Year Award and Investigator Rene Taboas received the Investigator of the Year Award.
FWC, Office of Statewide Prosecutor charge 3 with multiple felonies exploiting South Florida commercial fishing industryTuesday, March 19, 2019 - The suspects are charged with numerous felony charges, including racketeering, conspiracy to commit racketeering, organized scheme to defraud, criminal use of personal identification, and official misconduct pertaining to the sale and transfer of Spiny Lobster Trap Certificates as well as obtaining Restricted Species Endorsements on Saltwater Products Licenses.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - The FWC will be conducting a public meeting on Thursday, March 14 in Pensacola City Council Chambers from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to solicit input regarding a proposed process that officers may use to determine if a vessel has an “effective means of propulsion for safe navigation.”
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - During the week of March 17-23, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and the FWC encourage all boaters to take part in the national Spring Aboard – Take A Boating Education Course campaign by taking a boating safety course.