Showing 1 through 10 of 41 articles for tag law enforcement
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - Take a few minutes to make sure you have the necessary safety equipment on your vessels before leaving the boat ramp and take extra safety precautions while out on the water.
FWC announces final opportunity for municipalities, counties to apply for derelict vessel removal fundsTuesday, April 30, 2019 - The third application period for the Bulk Derelict Vessel Removal Grant Program begins Monday May 6 at 8 a.m. (EDT) and ends Wednesday June 19 at 5 p.m. (EDT).
- Monday, April 22, 2019 - FWC business manager John Fussell was nominated for the Distinguished Civilian Support Member Award, Lt. John Wilke received the Outstanding Law Enforcement Trainer of the Year Award and Investigator Rene Taboas received the Investigator of the Year Award.
FWC, Office of Statewide Prosecutor charge 3 with multiple felonies exploiting South Florida commercial fishing industryTuesday, March 19, 2019 - The suspects are charged with numerous felony charges, including racketeering, conspiracy to commit racketeering, organized scheme to defraud, criminal use of personal identification, and official misconduct pertaining to the sale and transfer of Spiny Lobster Trap Certificates as well as obtaining Restricted Species Endorsements on Saltwater Products Licenses.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - The FWC will be conducting a public meeting on Thursday, March 14 in Pensacola City Council Chambers from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to solicit input regarding a proposed process that officers may use to determine if a vessel has an “effective means of propulsion for safe navigation.”
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - During the week of March 17-23, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and the FWC encourage all boaters to take part in the national Spring Aboard – Take A Boating Education Course campaign by taking a boating safety course.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Monday, February 4, 2019 - USA Marine Training, Peace River Charters and TAC Training are the first three companies to have been approved to offer the course.
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - During the investigation, FWC officers gathered evidence of numerous illegal acts in several Florida counties on both private and public lands. Prosecution of this case is being coordinated by the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution.
FWC arrests individual for multiple misdemeanor, felony counts related to commercial fishing violationsWednesday, November 28, 2018 - Luis Falcon committed several violations of commercial fisheries regulations, including trap and tag violations, and commercial fishing without an applicable saltwater products license (Florida’s commercial license).