Showing 1 through 10 of 53 articles for tag law enforcement
- Friday, October 18, 2019 - These charges represent the state’s largest seizure of turtles in recent history.
- Monday, September 30, 2019 - The new rule will provide an additional tool for law enforcement officers to help stop the poaching of these birds, while still allowing for lawful uses of bird traps.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - The FWC will meet at the Radisson Resort at the Port, 8701 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Friday, August 9, 2019 - Three suspects in Levy and Pinellas counties were arrested for violating state laws pertaining to illegally harvesting and selling various fish and wildlife. Fifteen additional suspects were served with notice to appear citations in Levy, Orange, Pinellas and Broward counties.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - Airboat operators carrying passengers for hire must complete an Airboat Operators Course.
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019 - The suspects are charged with multiple felony and misdemeanor charges, including grand theft, dealing in stolen property, not delivering to a certified oyster house, and harvesting oysters in a closed season.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - She has proven to be a valued legal advisor to FWC law enforcement staff in south Florida, working with them on a large-scale case earlier this year.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The new rule within Chapter 68A-16, F.A.C. (Rules Relating to Birds) includes regulations regarding the use, placement and possession of bird traps, and will go into effect later this year.
- Monday, July 15, 2019 - The 2019 spiny lobster season opens with the two-day recreational mini-season July 24 and 25, followed by the regular commercial and recreational lobster season, which starts Aug. 6 and runs through March 31, 2020.
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will be working to keep waterways safe this weekend.