Showing 1 through 7 of 7 articles for tag law enforcement
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - During the investigation, FWC officers gathered evidence of numerous illegal acts in several Florida counties on both private and public lands. Prosecution of this case is being coordinated by the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution.
FWC arrests individual for multiple misdemeanor, felony counts related to commercial fishing violationsWednesday, November 28, 2018 - Luis Falcon committed several violations of commercial fisheries regulations, including trap and tag violations, and commercial fishing without an applicable saltwater products license (Florida’s commercial license).
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - Boaters who look out for migrating manatees and follow posted manatee protection zones contribute to the conservation of this threatened species. They are reducing the chance of manatee injuries and disturbance, while enjoying their time on the water.
- Friday, September 28, 2018 - The National Boating Officer of the Year award was presented to the FWC's Officer Juan Blanco.
- Monday, February 26, 2018 - The FWC was initially accredited in 2009. This was its fourth completion of the accreditation process.
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018 - The health and safety of the public is the Commission’s number one priority. Feeding wild monkeys creates an elevated risk to human health because it brings them into closer contact with people.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - The Shikar-Safari Club International named FWC Officer Michael Bibeau its 2018 Wildlife Officer of the Year during the Commission meeting near Tallahassee.