Showing 1 through 10 of 87 articles for tag law enforcement
The Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation invites public comment regarding FWC Division of Law Enforcement reaccreditationThursday, October 26, 2023 - The assessment team will review the FWC Division of Law Enforcement’s equipment, policies, procedures and facilities.
The Board of County Commissioners of St. Lucie County passes resolution affirming the establishment of Kyle Lee Patterson Memorial WayFriday, October 6, 2023 - The Board of County Commissioners of St. Lucie County approved the request presented by County Attorney Daniel McIntyre to honor FWC Senior Investigator Kyle Lee Patterson by supporting the state designating the approved portion of State Road 70 as Kyle Lee Patterson Memorial Way.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023 - The annual award honors a state officer whose efforts show outstanding performance and achievement among sworn conservation law enforcement personnel.
- Friday, September 8, 2023 - Between Sept. 2-4, FWC officers removed nearly 20 unsafe and impaired vessel operators from the waterways of Florida for boating under the influence, cited over 380 and provided education and warnings to over 2,800 boaters for safety violations.
- Monday, August 14, 2023 - On Sept. 4, 2022, a 29-foot Robalo boat with 14 occupants aboard, all from Miami, struck a channel marker while traveling in the intracoastal waterway, bayside of Broad Creek at the south end of Cutter Bank in Miami-Dade County
14th Circuit Assistant State Attorney Josh James named 2023 FWC Division of Law Enforcement Prosecutor of the YearWednesday, July 19, 2023 - The selection of the Prosecutor of the Year Award is made by officers and investigators who work in the field directly with prosecutors.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - The Springs Protection Zone will restrict beaching, mooring, anchoring and grounding of vessels on the spring run of the Weeki Wachee River extending from the spring boil within Weeki Wachee State Park to the Rogers Park Boat Ramp.
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - From July 1-3, FWC officers arrested 94 vessel operators for boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs, preventing the possibility of life-altering events from occurring.
- Friday, July 7, 2023 - A vessel’s propeller struck a man diving for scallops at the scallop grounds northwest of St. Martins River in the Crystal River/Homosassa area and the vessel left the scene.
FWC promotes awareness and heightened enforcement for boating under the influence during Operation Dry Water this weekendFriday, June 30, 2023 - Operation Dry Water is a year-round Boating Under the Influence awareness campaign that facilitates a national weekend of BUI detection and enforcement aimed at reducing the number of alcohol- and drug-related boating incidents and fatalities.