Showing 1 through 10 of 18 articles for tag youth program
- Friday, September 13, 2019 - This grant program is focused on recruiting new anglers, retaining active anglers and reactivating lapsed anglers to ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Corbins, who own a cattle and hay farm in Gilchrist County, open their property so youth, who otherwise might not have the opportunity, can experience hunting through the Youth Hunting Program.
- Friday, June 14, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #1, 9050 Discovery Place, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920.
- Monday, June 10, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #3, 220 Christopher Columbus Drive.
FWC’s High School Fishing Program congratulates St. Cloud High School as winner of Costa Kick Plastic Conservation Project CompetitionFriday, May 10, 2019 - The student angler participants completed 10 conservation projects, including waterway clean-ups, created their own campaign to reduce the use of single-use water bottles on their school campus, and collected used soft plastic baits to melt down and create new baits.
- Monday, April 22, 2019 - Try archery, fishing and other outdoor activities for free at the 2019 Outdoor Experience, Saturday, April 27, at the Beau Turner Youth Conservation Center.
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - The FWC's Lake Eaton Kids’ Fishing Derby, for children ages 6-12, will begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 4 at the Ocala Conservation Center and Youth Camp.
- Thursday, April 4, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon April 13 at Vince J. Whibbs Sr. Community Maritime Park, 301 W. Main St.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - These free clinics enable young people to learn the basics of conservation stewardship, fishing ethics, angling skills and safety.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - Free youth freshwater fishing derby at Tenoroc Public Use Area and Youth Conservation Center in Lakeland on April 6, from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.