Showing 1 through 10 of 14 articles for tag youth program
FWC’s High School Fishing Program congratulates St. Cloud High School as winner of Costa Kick Plastic Conservation Project CompetitionFriday, May 10, 2019 - The student angler participants completed 10 conservation projects, including waterway clean-ups, created their own campaign to reduce the use of single-use water bottles on their school campus, and collected used soft plastic baits to melt down and create new baits.
- Monday, April 22, 2019 - Try archery, fishing and other outdoor activities for free at the 2019 Outdoor Experience, Saturday, April 27, at the Beau Turner Youth Conservation Center.
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - The FWC's Lake Eaton Kids’ Fishing Derby, for children ages 6-12, will begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 4 at the Ocala Conservation Center and Youth Camp.
- Thursday, April 4, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon April 13 at Vince J. Whibbs Sr. Community Maritime Park, 301 W. Main St.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - These free clinics enable young people to learn the basics of conservation stewardship, fishing ethics, angling skills and safety.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - Free youth freshwater fishing derby at Tenoroc Public Use Area and Youth Conservation Center in Lakeland on April 6, from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Friday, March 1, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Naples City Fishing Pier, 25 12th Ave. S., Naples.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - The public is invited to learn about Florida’s fish, wildlife and their habitats on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE. MarineQuest is a free, family-friendly event.
- Tuesday, July 10, 2018 - To find out more about fishing clinics for kids, go to MyFWC.com/Fishing and select the “Youth & Student” option under “Education.”
- Friday, May 11, 2018 - Programs for youth between the ages of 5 and 15 will be held every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., beginning June 5 and extending through July 26, at the Senator George G. Kirkpatrick Marine Laboratory. Advance registration required.