Showing 1 through 6 of 6 articles for tag wildlife viewing
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - These restrictions are needed to reduce stress to area wildlife caused by high water levels that force them to take refuge on tree islands and levees.
- Thursday, July 9, 2020 - . New editions of these collectible stickers are released every July and are available with a $5 donation online or at your local tax collector’s office. All proceeds from the decals help fund manatee and sea turtle conservation efforts.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 - During this time of year, manatees leave their winter refuges and are more likely to be found in rivers, canals and nearshore waters.
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 - The species diversity of Tallahassee and Leon County has now been displayed on the world stage. In the 2019 City Nature Challenge, Tallahassee and Leon County placed first in number of observations and number of species for our population category, fifth in number of species per capita and fourth in number of observers per capita, an impressive result for our first year!
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and partners invite Tallahassee and Leon County residents to participate in the upcoming City Nature Challenge, which will take place from Friday, April 26 through Monday, April 29.
Support conservation while having fun this National Hunting and Fishing Day, celebrating #WhoTaughtYouTuesday, September 18, 2018 -