Showing 1 through 10 of 11 articles for tag disaster
- Friday, June 19, 2020 - Zone 8 was activated today on the Santa Fe River, according to FWC officials.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 - A fatal viral disease continues to impact Florida freshwater turtles, and the FWC asks the public to assist the ongoing investigation by reporting sick and dead turtles.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - The FWC has approved moving forward on a draft rule to suspend harvest and possession of shoal bass in the Chipola River and its tributaries.
- Thursday, May 2, 2019 - This outbreak is unique due to its large geographic range, duration and the number of species affected, but the response is unprecedented as well.
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - The extension for red drum, snook and spotted seatrout will go into effect May 11 and will apply from the Pasco-Hernando county line south (including all waters of Tampa Bay) through Gordon Pass in Collier County.
- Monday, February 18, 2019 - The National Association of Charterboat Operators and the International Game Fish Association have partnered to provide financial help to those with the most need due to the impacts of Hurricane Michael.
- Monday, January 7, 2019 - The only zone deactivated is Zone 5. This zone runs from the Santa Fe River at the River Rise in O’Leno State Park downstream to the center line of the U.S. 27 Bridge.
- Thursday, December 20, 2018 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway. At no time is any vessel required to proceed so slowly that the operator is unable to control it or anything it may be towing.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - Zones 1 and 3 on the Suwannee River, and Zones 7 and 8 on the Santa Fe.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - Zone 1 was activated on the Suwannee and runs from the U.S. 90 Bridge at Ellaville south to the State Road 51 Bridge at Luraville. On the Santa Fe, Zone 8 was activated.