Showing 1 through 10 of 17 articles for tag disaster
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - Only one of the eight idle-speed, no-wake zones, Zone 8, is still active on the Santa Fe, according to FWC officials.
- Monday, February 18, 2019 - The National Association of Charterboat Operators and the International Game Fish Association have partnered to provide financial help to those with the most need due to the impacts of Hurricane Michael.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 - On the Suwannee, the active zone is Zone 4 and on the Santa Fe Zones 7 and 8 are active.
- Monday, January 7, 2019 - The only zone deactivated is Zone 5. This zone runs from the Santa Fe River at the River Rise in O’Leno State Park downstream to the center line of the U.S. 27 Bridge.
- Thursday, December 20, 2018 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway. At no time is any vessel required to proceed so slowly that the operator is unable to control it or anything it may be towing.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - Zones 1 and 3 on the Suwannee River, and Zones 7 and 8 on the Santa Fe.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - Zone 1 was activated on the Suwannee and runs from the U.S. 90 Bridge at Ellaville south to the State Road 51 Bridge at Luraville. On the Santa Fe, Zone 8 was activated.
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 - The Commission directed staff to expand a recent catch-and-release only measure for snook and redfish to include Tampa Bay (including all of Manatee and Hillsborough counties) as well as all of Pinellas and Pasco counties starting Friday, Sept. 28.
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018 - Investigations underway to determine cause of wildfire
- Wednesday, January 3, 2018 - FWC staff, partners and volunteers are monitoring the status of marine species affected most by the cold, and are prepared in case rescues are needed.