Showing 1 through 10 of 15 articles for tag disaster
- Monday, March 8, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Friday, February 19, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone was activated today on the Santa Fe River, according to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) officials.
High water prompts restrictions at wildlife management areas in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade countiesWednesday, August 12, 2020 - This action is needed to reduce stress to area wildlife caused by high water levels that force them to take refuge on tree islands and levees.
- Friday, June 19, 2020 - Zone 8 was activated today on the Santa Fe River, according to FWC officials.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 - A fatal viral disease continues to impact Florida freshwater turtles, and the FWC asks the public to assist the ongoing investigation by reporting sick and dead turtles.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - The FWC has approved moving forward on a draft rule to suspend harvest and possession of shoal bass in the Chipola River and its tributaries.
- Thursday, May 2, 2019 - This outbreak is unique due to its large geographic range, duration and the number of species affected, but the response is unprecedented as well.
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - The extension for red drum, snook and spotted seatrout will go into effect May 11 and will apply from the Pasco-Hernando county line south (including all waters of Tampa Bay) through Gordon Pass in Collier County.
- Monday, February 18, 2019 - The National Association of Charterboat Operators and the International Game Fish Association have partnered to provide financial help to those with the most need due to the impacts of Hurricane Michael.