Showing 1 through 10 of 328 articles for tag fishing
- Friday, May 13, 2022 - The catch-and-release measures for snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in all waters from Sarasota Bay through Gordon Pass in Collier County were put in place as part of the response to the prolonged 2017-2019 red tide event.
- Monday, May 9, 2022 - Students in kindergarten through 12th grade submitted their artwork in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honors, and prizes.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - The 2022 recreational season for blueline tilefish will be open May 1 - July 25 in state waters, closing July 26.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - These changes are consistent with pending regulations in Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic federal waters.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - Staff plans to continue to gather input on the proposed rules and will return to the Commission for a Final Rule Hearing later this year.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - The rules include catch and release of all largemouth bass in the Fellsmere WMA and the required use of circle hooks when fishing with natural bait greater than three inches in length.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - Commissioners unanimously approved staff moving forward with proposed regulations changes to size and/or bag limits for black crappie on specific Florida waterbodies.
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - These new regulations are a proactive conservation measure intended to help address stakeholder concerns regarding declines in the dolphinfish fishery.
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - Activities will include fillet demonstrations; family-friendly games and activities; art, diving and conservation booths; and the world’s largest lionfish spearfishing tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - Stone crab traps must be removed from the water within five days after the close of the stone crab season.