Showing 1 through 10 of 275 articles for tag fishing
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The University of Florida, with assistance from the FWC, have extended the deadline to take the Freshwater Stocking Angler Survey to April 30.
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - Christian Greico from Tampa caught the $5,000 prize trophy bass during the Lake Apopka Fish Tag Challenge, which began in January and ends May 31.
- Monday, March 29, 2021 - The FWC will be holding three virtual workshops to gather public input about the short-term management of snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in southwest Florida.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - The spiny lobster recreational and commercial seasons close to harvest in state and federal waters starting April 1 and will reopen Aug. 6.
New protections for multi-species fish spawning aggregations near Western Dry Rocks effective April 1Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - This includes the prohibition of all fishing from April through July in a 1-square-mile area near Western Dry Rocks.
- Monday, March 22, 2021 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program has awarded the Season 8 Phoenix bass boat to Vance Mccullers from Lutz.
- Monday, March 22, 2021 - State waters off the coast of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties will open to recreational harvest of gag grouper starting April 1. This regional season will remain open through June 30.
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - Public access at the County Road 445 bridge is temporarily closed now during construction and is to be completed by June 2021.
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 - UF and the FWC are seeking help in a study of freshwater recreational stocking preferences in Florida recreational freshwater fisheries.
- Monday, March 8, 2021 - Get started on your fishing journey with this quick guide for new anglers.