Showing 1 through 10 of 224 articles for tag fishing
- Monday, July 15, 2019 - The 2019 spiny lobster season opens with the two-day recreational mini-season July 24 and 25, followed by the regular commercial and recreational lobster season, which starts Aug. 6 and runs through March 31, 2020.
- Friday, July 12, 2019 - Starting July 15, blue crab traps may be placed back in state waters from the Palm Beach-Broward county line to the Pasco-Hernando county line.
- Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - FWC researchers and volunteers will be out along Florida’s east coast during each day of the season asking recreational fishers about their red snapper trips and their catch.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - This region includes all state waters south of the Hernando – Pasco county line and north of the Anclote Key Lighthouse in northern Pinellas County, and includes all waters of the Anclote River.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - This closure will give groups authorized by the FWC the opportunity to identify and retrieve lost and abandoned blue crab traps from the water.
- Friday, July 5, 2019 -
- Wednesday, July 3, 2019 -
- Thursday, June 27, 2019 - The award, presented to FWC Lt. Jason Marlow, acknowledges work above and beyond duty requirements and recognizes distinguished service, professionalism and dedication to enforcing federal fishing regulations in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - The permit is required for all shore-based shark anglers age 16 and older, including those 65 and older who are normally exempt from needing a fishing license.
- Monday, June 24, 2019 - Recreational bay scallop season for Franklin through the northwestern portion of Taylor, as well as Levy, Citrus and Hernando counties opens July 1 and will remain open through Sept. 24. This includes Carrabelle, Lanark, St. Marks, Cedar Key, Crystal River and Homosassa.