Showing 1 through 10 of 435 articles for tag fishing
Start planning for the new year: The FWC announces new Saltwater Fishing Record categories coming in 2024Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - In addition to the current All Tackle and Fly-Fishing Weight categories, the FWC will add a Youth Weight category for anglers aged 15 and under, and Youth and Adult Length categories to allow for catch-and-release records.
- Monday, November 20, 2023 - For the full Dec. 5 agenda and links to background reports, go to MyFWC.com/Commission and select “Commission Meetings.”
- Thursday, November 16, 2023 - These rule changes are part of the FWC’s Florida Trophy Bass Project and intended to create conditions that increase the waterbodies’ potential to produce largemouth bass 15 pounds and heavier.
- Thursday, November 9, 2023 - Freshwater fisheries researchers and managers with the FWC successfully released more than 11,000 shoal bass over the past two years.
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023 - The amiable competition between participants fishing Fellsmere Reservoir and Orange Lake was designed to highlight both fisheries, generate enthusiasm for bass fishing and encourage participation in the FWC's TrophyCatch program.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - This partial drawdown, or lowering of lake water levels, will allow for shoreline nuisance aquatic vegetation control. The lake will not close to fishing during this brief wintertime drawdown.
- Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - This closure includes all state and federal waters south of Cape Sable, which is on the Gulf side of Florida and up the Atlantic coast.
- Friday, October 27, 2023 - Spotted seatrout will be closed to recreational harvest Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 in the Central East Management Region, which includes all state and federal waters from Palm Beach through Volusia counties.
- Friday, October 27, 2023 - Public access to Suwannee Lake Fish Management Area in Suwannee County will be temporarily closed for storm debris cleanup until noon on Monday, Nov. 6.
FWC unveils 2023 Lionfish Challenge King and Commercial Champion, celebrating a record-breaking yearThursday, October 19, 2023 - Dedicated divers embarked on 917 trips throughout the state during the 4-month tournament, triumphantly removing a staggering 30,494 lionfish from Florida state waters, nearly 5,000 more than last year.