Showing 1 through 10 of 263 articles for tag fishing
- Friday, November 8, 2019 - Share your input about the future timing of the Gulf County bay scallop season at an in-person workshop starting at 5:30 p.m. (EST) Nov. 14, in Port St. Joe at the Gulf County Public Library, 110 Library Drive.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Register now to participate in the FWC's Feb. 7-9, 2020, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop near West Palm Beach.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - In celebration of Catch a Florida Memory’s third “fish-iversary” this month, we’re giving you more chances to reel in a recognition by lowering Reel Big Fish lengths for ladyfish and bluefish.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - The recreational harvest of greater amberjack in Gulf of Mexico state and federal waters closes Nov. 1 and will remain closed through April 30, 2020. The season is scheduled to reopen May 1-31, 2020.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - This closure includes all state waters south of Cape Sable, which is on the Gulf side of Florida, and up the Atlantic coast.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - These management activities will enhance fish and wildlife habitat that has degraded over decades due to stabilized water levels as a result of flood control.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - The FWC plans to conduct aquatic plant treatments on Lake Okeechobee from Thursday, Oct. 24 through Friday, Nov. 1. No treatments will be conducted during the weekend.
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 - FWC will take input on this topic and plans to return with a draft rule package at the December 2019 Commission meeting in Panama City Beach.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - The red snapper season for private recreational anglers and state for-hire operations in the Gulf of Mexico will be open on the following Saturdays and Sundays: Oct. 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 and 27.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - The FWC has approved moving forward on a draft rule to suspend harvest and possession of shoal bass in the Chipola River and its tributaries.