Showing 1 through 10 of 165 articles for tag fishing
- Friday, March 22, 2019 - People are invited to the 7 p.m. public hearing at the Town of Century - Town Hall, 7995 N. Century Blvd.
- Thursday, March 21, 2019 - While receding Lake Okeechobee water levels may trigger lock restrictions that will impact some boaters, several open boat ramps continue to provide abundant access to excellent fishing and boating opportunities on Lake Okeechobee.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - A 10-year plan for the Lake Stone FMA will be presented at a public hearing in Pensacola at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 28 at the Ernie Lee Magaha Governmental Complex, Board of County Commissioner Chambers, 221 Palafox Place.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019 - Activities will include: fillet demonstrations; family-friendly games and activities; art, diving and conservation booths; and the world’s largest lionfish spearfishing tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019 - Florida is the only state where that boundary shifts depending on which coast you are on. State waters in the Atlantic extend out to 3 nautical miles, while in the Gulf they extend out to 9 nautical miles.
Reminder: Snook, red drum and spotted seatrout changes remain in effect for SW Florida areas previously impacted by red tideTuesday, March 5, 2019 - The FWC made these temporary regulation changes to help conserve these popular inshore species that were negatively impacted by a prolonged red tide that affected the area.
- Friday, March 1, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Naples City Fishing Pier, 25 12th Ave. S., Naples.
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - The free, day-long clinic is from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Millers Boating Center, 1661 NW 57th St., Ocala.
- Monday, February 25, 2019 - Snook remains catch-and-release only through May 10 in Gulf state waters from the Pasco – Hernando county line through Gordon Pass in Collier County due to impacts from red tide.
FWC sets Gulf County 2019 bay scallop season; moves forward with draft scallop seasons for 2020 and beyond in all open areasThursday, February 21, 2019 - The FWC set the 2019-only bay scallop season for Gulf County to be Aug. 16 through Sept. 15.