Showing 1 through 10 of 221 articles for tag fishing
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 - The Keys/east Florida hogfish season runs from May 1 through Oct. 31.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - The recreational harvest of greater amberjack in Gulf of Mexico state and federal waters closes Nov. 1 and will remain closed through April 30, 2021.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - Spotted seatrout will be closed to recreational harvest Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 in the central east seatrout management zone, which includes all state and federal waters from Palm Beach through Volusia counties
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 - The recreational daily bag limit will be three fish per person along the Atlantic coast from Nassau through Miami-Dade counties.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - Students in kindergarten through twelfth grade can compete in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honours, and prizes.
- Thursday, October 8, 2020 - Starting Jan. 1, 2021, anglers using hook-and-line with natural baits to target reef fish like snapper or grouper from a vessel in Atlantic state waters will be required to use non-stainless-steel, non-offset circle hooks north of 28 degrees north latitude (near Melbourne) and non-stainless-steel hooks south of 28 degrees north latitude.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 - A recent stock status update suggested that the flounder fishery statewide has been in a general declining trend in recent years and is likely overfished and undergoing overfishing on the Atlantic coast of Florida.
- Wednesday, October 7, 2020 - These new regulations are consistent with those in Atlantic federal waters and could help prevent both recreational quota overages and overfishing.
- Monday, October 5, 2020 - Stone crab regulations are the same in state and federal waters.
- Monday, October 5, 2020 - Eagle Lake Fish Management Area remains open.