Showing 1 through 10 of 23 articles for tag fishing
The Council has already held meetings in Pensacola and Destin and plans to host a webinar on Jan. 17. For more information visit: GulfCouncil.org/meetings/public-hearings-scoping-workshops.Thursday, January 3, 2019 - The sand and water may be cold, but it’s a perfect time for looking for seashells.
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019 - The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council is holding public hearings to solicit public comments on Draft Amendment 50 – State Management of Recreational Red Snapper. To provide additional opportunities for the public to comment on this proposal, the FWC is also holding public workshops on state management of Gulf red snapper.
FWC, University of Florida invite public to second meeting on Lake Istokpoga Habitat Management PlanWednesday, January 2, 2019 - The meeting will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Jan. 10, at the Bert J. Harris Jr. Agricultural Center Auditorium, 4509 George Blvd., Sebring, FL, 33875.
- Friday, December 21, 2018 - Gag grouper will close to recreational harvest in Gulf state and federal waters Jan. 1, 2019. The same day, several species of grouper will also close to recreational and commercial harvest in Florida state waters of the Atlantic and all state waters off Monroe County.
- Friday, December 21, 2018 - Recreational and commercial blue crab traps may remain in the water during this period.
- Monday, December 17, 2018 - TrophyCatch program celebrated six years of trophy bass conservation at its annual Hall of Fame ceremony held at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Orlando. During the past six seasons, TrophyCatch has awarded prizes for the catch and release of more than 8,000 largemouth bass. There are 54 Hall of Fame anglers in the program to date.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on management of the recreational spotted seatrout fishery. Your input will help FWC better understand the public’s satisfaction and desires related to this popular recreational fishery.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - Under the current draft proposal, the Gulf season would be open June 11 through July 12, with a possible fall reopening if quota is available.
FWC seeks input on bay scallop long-term management solutions and announces 2019 regional season dates in most areasThursday, December 13, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on the bay scallop season structure for 2020 and beyond via an online survey.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 - The FWC approved draft changes to shark fishing regulations, including management changes for the shore-based shark fishery.