Showing 1 through 10 of 96 articles for tag commission
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 - Florida Bay is a unique, shallow estuary heavily influenced by water flow from the Everglades. It is an integral part of the south Florida ecosystem that serves as a nursery habitat for economically important species and provides boating, fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 - FWC staff will host several public workshops to gather input on potential rule changes for fishing in Biscayne National Park and will return with a draft rule package at the October 2019 Commission meeting.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - She has proven to be a valued legal advisor to FWC law enforcement staff in south Florida, working with them on a large-scale case earlier this year.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Corbins, who own a cattle and hay farm in Gilchrist County, open their property so youth, who otherwise might not have the opportunity, can experience hunting through the Youth Hunting Program.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The award recognizes a volunteer who significantly advances the cause of safe hunting through extraordinary service in training and education.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Florida Sportsmen’s Conservation Association (FSCA) honored Linda Collins of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) for her work managing the agency’s Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program (SNAP).
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - Effective Jan. 1, 2020, the minimum size limit for recreational harvest will increase from 54 to 83 inches fork length.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The FWC approved a draft proposal to create a recreational limit for blackfin tuna of two fish per person or 10 fish per vessel, whichever is greater, and to extend this proposed regulation into federal waters.
- Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - For the full July 17-18 agenda and links to background reports, go to MyFWC.com/Commission and select “Commission Meetings.”
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - These changes will reduce confusion and concern about the fishery by aligning some regulations in state and federal waters while continuing to provide opportunities in state waters when federal waters are closed.