Showing 1 through 10 of 87 articles for tag commission
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - These changes will reduce confusion and concern about the fishery by aligning some regulations in state and federal waters while continuing to provide opportunities in state waters when federal waters are closed.
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - Starting July 1, 2019 these changes will take effect.
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - The FWC is striving to increase participation in freshwater and saltwater fishing through an effort known as R3 (Recruitment, Retention and Reactivation).
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - The greater amberjack and gray triggerfish recreational closures are consistent with recent federal actions.
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019 - The FWC will meet May 1-2 at the Florida Public Safety Institute, 85 Academy Drive, Havana, FL 32333.
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - The Florida Reef Tract is experiencing a multi-year outbreak of stony coral tissue loss disease. While disease outbreaks are not uncommon, this event is unique due to its large geographic range, duration and the number of species affected.
FWC sets Gulf County 2019 bay scallop season; moves forward with draft scallop seasons for 2020 and beyond in all open areasThursday, February 21, 2019 - The FWC set the 2019-only bay scallop season for Gulf County to be Aug. 16 through Sept. 15.
FWC Commissioners direct staff to move forward with improvements to Aquatic Plant Management ProgramThursday, February 21, 2019 - Commissioners directed staff to move forward with significant changes informed by stakeholder input.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 - The proposed rule includes regulations regarding the use, placement, possession and transport of bird traps.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 - The new rules will add high-risk nonnative animals to the Prohibited list and clarify rule language by defining key terms.