Showing 1 through 10 of 69 articles for tag commission
- Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - This meeting is being held using Adobe Connect with a telephone conference line for accepting public comments during the meeting.
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - This program expands the already successful Gulf Reef Fish Survey statewide to the Atlantic coast and Monroe County.
- Monday, April 20, 2020 - The FWC will meet online May 14 beginning at 9 am using Adobe Connect with a telephone conference line for accepting public comment during the meeting.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The long-term bay scallop season in Gulf County (including St. Joseph Bay) to open Aug. 16 through Sept. 24 each year beginning in 2021.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - FWC Avian Conservation Coordinator Craig Faulhaber was awarded the 2019 Rodney Barreto FWC Employee of the Year Award. The Foundation also honored recently retired FYCCN Director Rae Waddell with the 2019 Louise Ireland Humphrey Award.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The FWC honored Bob Jenkins as the 2020 Florida Land Steward Landowner of the Year.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The Shikar-Safari Club International named FWC Officer Michael Rice its 2019 Wildlife Officer of the Year during the Commission meeting in Tallahassee.
FWC extends snook, red drum and spotted seatrout catch-and-release measures in areas impacted by prolonged red tideWednesday, February 19, 2020 - All three species will remain catch-and-release through May 31, 2021, in all waters from the Hernando/Pasco county line south through Gordon Pass in Collier County.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The FWC approved several regulatory changes aimed at achieving fishery management goals in Biscayne National Park.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) today approved Species Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines for seven of the more than 50 species in Florida’s Imperiled Species Management Plan.