Showing 1 through 10 of 63 articles for tag hunting
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020 - Knowing and following the requirements for importing harvested deer, elk, moose, caribou and other members of the deer family are important ways you can help protect Florida deer populations.
High water prompts restrictions at wildlife management areas in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade countiesWednesday, August 12, 2020 - This action is needed to reduce stress to area wildlife caused by high water levels that force them to take refuge on tree islands and levees.
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 - Applicants must pass a criminal history check, have no fish or wildlife law violations and possess a valid, working email address.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 - This year, waterfowl hunting opportunities created by permit holders who don’t show up for morning stormwater treatment area hunts will be distributed differently.
- Thursday, July 2, 2020 - All hunters, including those exempt from hunting license/permit requirements, must log and report their harvested deer.
- Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - This meeting is being held using Adobe Connect with a telephone conference line for accepting public comments during the meeting.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020 - Tips you can share with a new hunter or target shooter or review yourself before heading afield or to the range.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is offering free hunter safety internet-completion courses in seven counties during April. Hunter safety courses are designed to help students become safe, responsible and knowledgeable hunters and learn about conservation.
- Friday, February 28, 2020 - Meeting attendees will be invited to comment on a draft rule amendment, which if passed would prohibit importing or possessing whole and parts of carcasses of all members of the deer family originating from outside of Florida, except for de-boned meat; finished taxidermy mounts; antlers; and hides, skulls, skull caps, and teeth if all soft tissue has been removed.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 - The tournament, hosted by the FWC, will be held Feb. 29 in Bartow.