Showing 1 through 10 of 76 articles for tag hunting
What you need to know about applying for alligator harvest permits and fall public hunting opportunitiesMonday, May 3, 2021 - Now is the time to plan for Florida’s upcoming hunting seasons if you’re interested in applying for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s (FWC) alligator harvest permits or fall hunts at a Florida wildlife management area or national wildlife refuge.
- Monday, April 5, 2021 - Applicants must pass a criminal history check, have no fish or wildlife law violations, and possess a valid, working email address.
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp gives youth aged 8 to 17 an opportunity to experience the outdoors through a variety of safe, fun and age appropriate weeklong camps.
- Monday, March 1, 2021 - While many WMAs offering spring turkey hunting require a quota permit, there are over 40 areas you can hunt even if you didn’t score a quota hunt permit.
- Friday, February 26, 2021 - . These rule changes continue the FWC’s work to protect Florida’s deer populations by reducing the risk of chronic wasting disease spreading into the state.
- Monday, February 1, 2021 - The FWC recently launched a new map that shows the predicted quality of habitat based on the location, amount and arrangement of habitat needed throughout a wild turkey’s home range and life cycle.
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 - After nearly a yearlong investigation, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has charged four individuals with multiple hunting related charges.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - WMAs are managed to conserve a variety of wildlife species and provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - There have been many achievements this year thanks to the Governor’s leadership and teamwork among stakeholders and partners.
- Friday, December 18, 2020 - The draft rule amendment would prohibit importing or possessing whole carcasses or high-risk parts of deer, elk, moose, caribou and all other species of the deer family originating from any place outside of Florida.