Showing 1 through 10 of 31 articles for tag hunting
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in Panama City at 850-265-3676.
- Monday, January 13, 2020 - If your New Year’s resolution is to enjoy the health benefits from spending time outdoors, sign up now for the Feb. 7-9, 2020, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop near West Palm Beach.
- Friday, December 6, 2019 - At its December meeting in Panama City, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) approved a measure to name its volunteer hunter safety instructor award to honor the important contributions of Victor Heller, former assistant executive director of the FWC. The newly named Victor Heller Hunter Safety Instructor of the Year Award will continue to annually recognize a volunteer who significantly advances the cause of safe hunting through extraordinary service in training and education.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of the waterfowl/coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Starting this hunting season, youth may take part in a Youth Waterfowl Hunting Day occurring the Saturday before the start of the first phase of the regular waterfowl season, which is Nov. 16, and another one held the second Saturday after the second phase of the season closes, Feb. 8. Previously, youth waterfowl hunting days were a Saturday-Sunday hunt in February.
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 - Florida’s Zone C general gun deer season begins Saturday, Nov. 2, providing hunters the opportunity to get back to nature. And if knowledge, skill and luck come together for a successful hunt, there’s also healthy and delicious wild game to share and enjoy.
- Thursday, June 6, 2019 - The 2019-2020 hunting season is already underway in south Florida’s Zone A and will soon be opening in the other three hunting zones. This season, there are new statewide rule changes that hunters need to understand, especially when it comes to hunting deer.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - In 2017, Ducks Unlimited, the FWC and others partnered to conserve, improve and restore nearly 30,000 acres of wetland habitat in Florida.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - The FWC places the highest priority on public safety. Its Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program addresses complaints concerning specific alligators believed to pose a threat to people, pets or property.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - Applicants must pass a criminal history check, have no fish or wildlife law violations, and possess a valid, working email address.