Showing 1 through 10 of 48 articles for tag boating
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The FWC is reminding anyone on the water to slow down and look out for manatees while boating in Florida this spring.
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - In 2020, Florida boating accident statistics indicated that, when the level of operator education was known, 72% of boating deaths occurred on boats where the boat operator had never received boating education instruction.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Monday, February 15, 2021 - The FWC is performing routine maintenance and replacing degraded waterway signs in the existing boundaries of the manatee protection zones and the boating restricted areas.
FWC and Hillsborough State Attorney announce charges filed in deadly Boating Under the Influence caseMonday, December 28, 2020 - Charges have been filed against Andrew Joseph Miltner, age 40, for BUI manslaughter and vessel homicide stemming from the fatal boating collision in May that resulted in the death of 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - As temperatures drop, many of the state’s over 8,000 manatees will be on the move, migrating to warmer waters for the winter.
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 - There's no excuse not to wear a lifejacket on the water!
FWC promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekend as part of Operation Dry WaterThursday, July 2, 2020 - FWC officers will be focused on educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober and enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws.
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 - The East Lake Toho drawdown, which began in October of 2019, is now complete and will improve both fish and wildlife habitat and recreational opportunities in and around the lake.
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 - By respectfully sharing our beaches and waterways with these birds, people can help ensure their survival.