Showing 1 through 10 of 48 articles for tag boating
FWC and Hillsborough State Attorney announce charges filed in deadly Boating Under the Influence caseMonday, December 28, 2020 - Charges have been filed against Andrew Joseph Miltner, age 40, for BUI manslaughter and vessel homicide stemming from the fatal boating collision in May that resulted in the death of 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - As temperatures drop, many of the state’s over 8,000 manatees will be on the move, migrating to warmer waters for the winter.
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 - There's no excuse not to wear a lifejacket on the water!
FWC promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekend as part of Operation Dry WaterThursday, July 2, 2020 - FWC officers will be focused on educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober and enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws.
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 - The East Lake Toho drawdown, which began in October of 2019, is now complete and will improve both fish and wildlife habitat and recreational opportunities in and around the lake.
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 - By respectfully sharing our beaches and waterways with these birds, people can help ensure their survival.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - National Boating Safety Week is May 16-22 and we want to spread the word about boating safety to those enjoying Florida’s year-round boating season.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 - There are now no active zones on the Santa Fe or Suwannee, according to FWC officials.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Zone 8 begins at an unnamed island approximately 4.25 miles upstream from the confluence of the Santa Fe and Ichetucknee rivers (coordinates: 29° 54.527’ N, 82° 46.074’ W) and ends at the confluence of the Suwannee and Santa Fe rivers.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 - During this time of year, manatees leave their winter refuges and are more likely to be found in rivers, canals and nearshore waters.