Showing 1 through 10 of 61 articles for tag boating
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - The roundtable meeting will be 6–8 p.m. Oct. 26, via Zoom.
- Friday, September 3, 2021 - Boaters are reminded not to operate vessels under the influence. In addition to decreasing the operator's ability to make sound judgments, the consumption of alcohol also negatively affects the ability of passengers to respond in the case of an emergency on the water.
- Friday, August 13, 2021 - The FWC is performing routine maintenance and replacing degraded waterway signs in the existing boundaries of the manatee protection zones and the boating restricted areas.
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Monday, July 12, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Thursday, July 8, 2021 - These collectable decals help fund manatee and sea turtle conservation efforts and raise awareness about the species and their habitats.
FWC’s Operation Dry Water promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekendFriday, July 2, 2021 - FWC officers will be enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws and educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober.
- Monday, May 24, 2021 - We are grateful for his recognition of this important week urging Floridians and visitors to boat safely while enjoying Florida’s beautiful waterways.
- Friday, May 21, 2021 - This targeted enforcement was in response to a tragic incident that occurred on May 17, 2020 on the Alafia River involving a boat towing a tube, and a personal watercraft being operated by Joseph Miltner, age 40, who fatally struck 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - If you plan to enjoy our beautiful waterways, check out MyFWC.com/Boating for boating safety tips.