Showing 1 through 10 of 45 articles for tag boating
FWC promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekend as part of Operation Dry WaterThursday, July 2, 2020 - FWC officers will be focused on educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober and enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws.
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 - The East Lake Toho drawdown, which began in October of 2019, is now complete and will improve both fish and wildlife habitat and recreational opportunities in and around the lake.
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 - By respectfully sharing our beaches and waterways with these birds, people can help ensure their survival.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - National Boating Safety Week is May 16-22 and we want to spread the word about boating safety to those enjoying Florida’s year-round boating season.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 - There are now no active zones on the Santa Fe or Suwannee, according to FWC officials.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Zone 8 begins at an unnamed island approximately 4.25 miles upstream from the confluence of the Santa Fe and Ichetucknee rivers (coordinates: 29° 54.527’ N, 82° 46.074’ W) and ends at the confluence of the Suwannee and Santa Fe rivers.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 - During this time of year, manatees leave their winter refuges and are more likely to be found in rivers, canals and nearshore waters.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Register now to participate in the FWC's Feb. 7-9, 2020, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop near West Palm Beach.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - The FWC will meet at the Radisson Resort at the Port, 8701 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - Airboat operators carrying passengers for hire must complete an Airboat Operators Course.