Showing 1 through 10 of 57 articles for tag boating
- Monday, July 12, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Thursday, July 8, 2021 - These collectable decals help fund manatee and sea turtle conservation efforts and raise awareness about the species and their habitats.
FWC’s Operation Dry Water promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekendFriday, July 2, 2021 - FWC officers will be enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws and educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober.
- Monday, May 24, 2021 - We are grateful for his recognition of this important week urging Floridians and visitors to boat safely while enjoying Florida’s beautiful waterways.
- Friday, May 21, 2021 - This targeted enforcement was in response to a tragic incident that occurred on May 17, 2020 on the Alafia River involving a boat towing a tube, and a personal watercraft being operated by Joseph Miltner, age 40, who fatally struck 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - If you plan to enjoy our beautiful waterways, check out MyFWC.com/Boating for boating safety tips.
- Friday, May 7, 2021 - Florida had 836 boating accidents in 2020, which is 113 more accidents than in 2019, a 16% increase.
- Thursday, April 29, 2021 - Law enforcement agencies will be helping keep people safe by looking for reckless or careless vessel operation and enforcing boating under the influence on any impaired vessel operator.
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021 - The C.T. Randall served for 18 years directly supporting conservation efforts in state and federal waters operating out of Port Canaveral, Naval Air Station Jacksonville and Marco Island.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The FWC is reminding anyone on the water to slow down and look out for manatees while boating in Florida this spring.