Showing 1 through 10 of 43 articles for tag boating
- Thursday, May 21, 2020 - By respectfully sharing our beaches and waterways with these birds, people can help ensure their survival.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - National Boating Safety Week is May 16-22 and we want to spread the word about boating safety to those enjoying Florida’s year-round boating season.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 - There are now no active zones on the Santa Fe or Suwannee, according to FWC officials.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Zone 8 begins at an unnamed island approximately 4.25 miles upstream from the confluence of the Santa Fe and Ichetucknee rivers (coordinates: 29° 54.527’ N, 82° 46.074’ W) and ends at the confluence of the Suwannee and Santa Fe rivers.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 - During this time of year, manatees leave their winter refuges and are more likely to be found in rivers, canals and nearshore waters.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Register now to participate in the FWC's Feb. 7-9, 2020, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop near West Palm Beach.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - The FWC will meet at the Radisson Resort at the Port, 8701 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - Airboat operators carrying passengers for hire must complete an Airboat Operators Course.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is responsible for enforcing airboat regulations that went into effect last month. Per F.S. 327.391, airboat operators carrying passengers for hire must complete an Airboat Operators Course.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has increased patrols in strategic areas of the state to enhance manatee conservation and public safety.