Showing 1 through 10 of 52 articles for tag boating
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - Airboat operators carrying passengers for hire must complete an Airboat Operators Course.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - Lee, Brevard and Volusia counties have reported higher numbers of boat strikes on manatees so far this year.
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will be working to keep waterways safe this weekend.
FWC officers in Tampa receive additional equipment to help with boating under the influence investigationsThursday, June 20, 2019 - Officers in the Southwest Region received a breath alcohol tester, an Intoxilyzer 8000, to help them with their boating safety efforts.
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 - With National Safe Boating week and the release of the 2018 Boating Accident Statistical Report, the FWC encourages boaters to focus on simple, effective steps that make boating safer.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - FWC officials want boaters to be aware that these jumping fish can injure people.
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - Take a few minutes to make sure you have the necessary safety equipment on your vessels before leaving the boat ramp and take extra safety precautions while out on the water.
- Friday, May 3, 2019 - The FWC plans to conduct a prescribed burn on Lake Okeechobee near Lakeport on May 6. This is a follow-up to the Northwest Marsh burn conducted in early March.
FWC announces final opportunity for municipalities, counties to apply for derelict vessel removal fundsTuesday, April 30, 2019 - The third application period for the Bulk Derelict Vessel Removal Grant Program begins Monday May 6 at 8 a.m. (EDT) and ends Wednesday June 19 at 5 p.m. (EDT).
- Friday, April 19, 2019 - The Lake Yale East Boat Ramp will be temporarily closed from April 19 – May 20 to allow for the removal of floating vegetation and mud (tussocks) from three coves within Lake Yale.