Showing 1 through 10 of 899 articles
- Thursday, September 28, 2023 - The Triple Threat Throwdown brought a record-breaking year to the FWC's Catch a Florida Memory program and a big prize to one lucky angler!
- Thursday, September 28, 2023 - the FWC recently launched a new way to report sick, abnormal or dead turtles through a reporting form online at MyFWC.com/TFV1. This data will assist staff and partners as they work to better understand TFV1.
- Wednesday, September 27, 2023 - To access the educational course, which must be completed before fishing in the park, visit MyFWC.com/Skyway.
- Friday, September 22, 2023 - Governor Ron DeSantis issued a proclamation dedicating Sept. 23 as National Hunting and Fishing Day for the State of Florida in honor of hunters’ and anglers’ direct contributions to conservation in Florida.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will meet in person Oct. 4-5 at the Hutchinson Shores Resort in Jensen Beach.
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 - Applicants must pass a criminal history check, have no fish or wildlife law violations and possess a valid, working email address.
- Monday, September 18, 2023 - Freshwater anglers are encouraged to take note of these important dates for a chance to win awesome prizes and contribute to the conservation of Florida's largemouth bass fisheries
- Friday, September 15, 2023 - On Sept. 8, the FWC issued a new executive order outlining regulations designed to increase sampling and slow the spread of CWD in Florida deer.
- Friday, September 15, 2023 - 1,050 participants from 35 states and Belgium removed 209 Burmese pythons from south Florida during the 10-day competition created by the FWC and partners to increase awareness about invasive species and the threats they pose to Florida’s ecology.
- Thursday, September 14, 2023 - Following BearWise® practices can help prevent negative interactions with bears and other wildlife, including securing garbage and removing food attractants.