Showing 1 through 10 of 902 articles
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - The annual award honors a state officer whose efforts show outstanding performance and achievement among sworn conservation law enforcement personnel.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - The FWC approved a rule to set the Florida state waters recreational bag limit for Atlantic shortfin mako at zero.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - Significant population declines have been documented throughout the range of this native salamander since 2000.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - The goal of the update is to better protect gopher tortoises by incentivizing relocations to protected recipient sites, clearly defining roles and responsibilities in the relocation process, and clarifying other provisions in the guidelines.
- Monday, November 28, 2022 - VTIP is a voluntary program designed to help owners dispose of their unwanted at-risk vessels before they become derelict.
- Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - FWRI's Harmful Algal Bloom Grant Program has awarded funding to three projects to address research related to Karenia brevis.
- Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - The FWC’s Florida Trophy Bass Project is pitting two popular fishing destinations against each other: Orange Lake versus Fellsmere Water Management Area (also known as Headwaters) to determine which of these two waterbodies will be the 2022-23 Florida Trophy Bass Lake of the Year.
- Monday, November 21, 2022 - The minimum size limit for flounder is 14 inches total length and the daily recreational bag limit is five fish per person.
- Monday, November 21, 2022 - Six abandoned roads will be removed and four water control structures will be constructed near Key Deer Boulevard and Watson Road.
- Friday, November 18, 2022 - The number of impacted vessels is significant and many residents are still assessing damages. Taking these factors into consideration, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has decided to extend the waiver acceptance deadline through the end of December.