Showing 1 through 10 of 811 articles
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and where it could impact navigation access.
- Monday, October 25, 2021 - Regrowth of dense cattail in East Lake Toho will be managed with a combination of selective herbicide and prescribed fire.
- Monday, October 25, 2021 - The season is scheduled to reopen May 1-31, 2022.
- Monday, October 25, 2021 - Spotted seatrout will be closed to recreational harvest Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 in the Central East Region, which includes all state and federal waters from Palm Beach through Volusia counties
- Monday, October 25, 2021 - The FWC Saltwater Angler Recognition program, Catch a Florida Memory, celebrated it’s 5-year anniversary by achieving more than 20,000 approved angler catches.
- Friday, October 22, 2021 - Because the FWC cannot allow recreational harvest of Gulf red snapper once Florida’s quota has been reached, Gulf red snapper harvest will not reopen this fall for Florida anglers.
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 - The FWC recently stocked 1,400 channel catfish in the Okeechobee County Agri-Civic Center and Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office gun range ponds.
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 - Fall is the ideal time to bat proof your home, after bat pups have been weaned and can fly and search for food on their own.
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021 - This closure includes all state and federal waters south of Cape Sable, which is on the Gulf side of Florida, and up the Atlantic coast.
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - The roundtable meeting will be 6–8 p.m. Oct. 26, via Zoom.