Showing 1 through 10 of 864 articles
- Friday, January 14, 2022 - The FWC and the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from a woman who was injured by a black bear while walking her dog in DeBary at approximately 9 p.m. on Jan. 13.
- Monday, January 10, 2022 - To learn more about becoming a contracted nuisance alligator trapper and to apply online, visit MyFWC.com/Alligator and click on “Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program.”
- Friday, January 7, 2022 - The FWC recently recognized the outstanding wildlife habitat management efforts of Keenan Baldwin as part of the agency’s Wildlife Habitat Recognition Program.
- Friday, January 7, 2022 - More derelict vessels are removed from Monroe County each year than any other area of the state. As of January 2022, law enforcement has documented more than 150 derelict vessels within Monroe County in the FWC’s derelict vessel database.
- Thursday, January 6, 2022 - Over 500 pounds of fish and sharks were seized.
- Tuesday, January 4, 2022 - Share your input by attending an online workshop.
- Monday, January 3, 2022 - Research continues to be the underpinning of science-based wildlife management today.
FWC: Governor DeSantis Continues To Make Conservation A Priority Through Protection Of Our Natural ResourcesWednesday, December 29, 2021 - Florida remains one of the country’s top destinations for world-class fishing, hunting and recreation thanks to Governor Ron DeSantis’ focus on preserving and protecting our natural resources.
- Tuesday, December 28, 2021 - While there is no doubt that monster reds have rightfully earned their place in the big leagues, any redfish angler worth their salt will tell you that an important part of any trip catching bull reds is the release.
- Monday, December 27, 2021 - This closure will give groups authorized by the FWC the opportunity to identify and retrieve lost and abandoned blue crab traps from the water.