Showing 1 through 10 of 565 articles
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 - The Keys/east Florida hogfish season runs from May 1 through Oct. 31.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020 - The recreational harvest of greater amberjack in Gulf of Mexico state and federal waters closes Nov. 1 and will remain closed through April 30, 2021.
- Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - Spotted seatrout will be closed to recreational harvest Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 in the central east seatrout management zone, which includes all state and federal waters from Palm Beach through Volusia counties
- Monday, October 19, 2020 - This group of suspects have been charged with Racketeering, Money Laundering, Scheming to Defraud and other organized criminal laws involving an elaborate organized enterprise to smuggle Florida’s wildlife to interstate and international buyers.
- Thursday, October 15, 2020 - The recreational daily bag limit will be three fish per person along the Atlantic coast from Nassau through Miami-Dade counties.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Chassahowitzka WMA at a virtual public hearing at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28. All members of the public are invited to attend via Adobe Connect.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - Students in kindergarten through twelfth grade can compete in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honours, and prizes.
- Monday, October 12, 2020 - On Saturday, Oct. 17, beginning at 9 a.m. ET, tune in to the FWRI Facebook page for exclusive interviews with FWC scientists, behind the scenes footage of fieldwork and visits in the laboratories at the Research Institute.
- Monday, October 12, 2020 - The FWC recently recognized the outstanding wildlife habitat management efforts of Marc Dunbar as part of the agency’s Wildlife Habitat Recognition Program.
- Thursday, October 8, 2020 - Starting Jan. 1, 2021, anglers using hook-and-line with natural baits to target reef fish like snapper or grouper from a vessel in Atlantic state waters will be required to use non-stainless-steel, non-offset circle hooks north of 28 degrees north latitude (near Melbourne) and non-stainless-steel hooks south of 28 degrees north latitude.