Showing 1 through 10 of 543 articles
- Monday, June 24, 2019 - Recreational bay scallop season for Franklin through the northwestern portion of Taylor, as well as Levy, Citrus and Hernando counties opens July 1 and will remain open through Sept. 24. This includes Carrabelle, Lanark, St. Marks, Cedar Key, Crystal River and Homosassa.
- Monday, June 24, 2019 - We encourage all anglers to participate in all our data collection programs, even if you haven’t made it out on the water this year.
- Friday, June 21, 2019 -
FWC officers in Tampa receive additional equipment to help with boating under the influence investigationsThursday, June 20, 2019 - Officers in the Southwest Region received a breath alcohol tester, an Intoxilyzer 8000, to help them with their boating safety efforts.
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - Gag grouper recreational harvest will close in state waters off the coasts of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties July 1, with the last day of harvest June 30.
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in the Highlands County lake in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and may impact access to navigation.
- Friday, June 14, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #1, 9050 Discovery Place, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920.
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - Biologists transplanted hundreds of native aquatic plants in an effort to help restore this popular shallow-water bass and crappie fishing lake.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - Barotrauma is a condition seen in many fish caught in waters greater than 50 feet that is caused by expansion of gases in the swim bladder.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - This includes all state waters from the Suwannee River to the Fenholloway River.