Showing 1 through 10 of 646 articles
- Friday, February 26, 2021 - . These rule changes continue the FWC’s work to protect Florida’s deer populations by reducing the risk of chronic wasting disease spreading into the state.
- Friday, February 26, 2021 - Starting April 1, 2021, all fishing is prohibited from April through July in a 1-square-mile area near Western Dry Rocks.
- Friday, February 26, 2021 - FWC staff will continue gathering public input both online at MyFWC.com/SaltwaterComments and through public workshops, which will be scheduled in the future.
- Thursday, February 25, 2021 - The approved rule changes to Chapter 68-5, F.A.C. specifically address Burmese pythons, Argentine black and white tegus, green iguanas and 13 other high-risk nonnative snakes and lizards that pose a threat to Florida’s ecology, economy, and human health and safety.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - Effective March 1, anglers will be able to earn Reel Big Fish recognition for vermilion snapper and saltwater catfish.
- Monday, February 22, 2021 - Bunting has served for over 15 years at the Apalachee Wildlife Management Area in the Florida Panhandle and has worked tirelessly to restore the WMA after it was devastated by Hurricane Michael in October 2018.
- Friday, February 19, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone was activated today on the Santa Fe River, according to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) officials.
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 - The recreational gray triggerfish season reopens to harvest in Gulf state and federal waters March 1, and will remain open through May 31, closing June 1 through July 31 for an annual spawning season closure.
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 - The FWC was initially accredited in 2009. This was its fifth completion of the accreditation process.