Showing 1 through 10 of 522 articles
- Friday, August 7, 2020 - The highly anticipated boat ramp, parking area and restrooms will provide anglers access to 10,000 acres of prime largemouth bass and other sport fishing opportunities.
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 - The region including all state waters from the Mexico Beach Canal in Bay County to the westernmost point of St. Vincent Island in Franklin County will remain open through Sept. 24.
- Thursday, August 6, 2020 - Applicants must pass a criminal history check, have no fish or wildlife law violations and possess a valid, working email address.
Suspects arrested in gill netting case involving the netting of juvenile bottlenose dolphin and multiple fish speciesWednesday, August 5, 2020 - FWC officers concluded an investigation in Pinellas County that resulted in the arrest of two suspects, Yunior C. Rosales Morales and Yandie Concepcion, for the unlawful use of a monofilament entanglement net to take several species of fish and a juvenile bottlenose dolphin.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - This 15-pound, 2-ounce bass was recently caught in Polk County by Vance Mccullers.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 - This year, waterfowl hunting opportunities created by permit holders who don’t show up for morning stormwater treatment area hunts will be distributed differently.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 - FWC has canceled the blue crab trap closures previously scheduled for Aug. 10-19 and 20-29, for all waters from Nassau through Palm Beach counties. Recreational and commercial blue crab traps may remain in the water during this period.
- Friday, July 31, 2020 - To learn more about becoming a contracted nuisance alligator trapper and to apply online, visit MyFWC.com/Alligator and click on “Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program.”
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 - The Lionfish Challenge has been extended. Participants will now have until Nov. 1 to submit their lionfish.
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - To learn more about becoming a contracted nuisance alligator trapper and to apply online, visit MyFWC.com/Alligator and click on “Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program.”