Showing 1 through 10 of 593 articles
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - A snook permit, as well as a recreational saltwater license, is required to harvest snook unless the angler is exempt from the recreational license requirements.
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - Florida Coral Crew members are helping raise awareness about the Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease rapidly affecting the Florida Reef Tract.
- Monday, August 19, 2019 - All the affected animals have exhibited some degree of walking abnormally or difficulty coordinating their back legs.
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in West Palm Beach at 561-625-5122.
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - It’s sea turtle nesting season in Florida, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is sharing guidelines on how you can make a difference for these endangered marine reptiles
- Friday, August 9, 2019 - Three suspects in Levy and Pinellas counties were arrested for violating state laws pertaining to illegally harvesting and selling various fish and wildlife. Fifteen additional suspects were served with notice to appear citations in Levy, Orange, Pinellas and Broward counties.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program celebrates its most recent Hall of Fame largemouth bass catch weighing 13 pounds, 5 ounces, caught and released by Chad Dorland during a UF fishing tournament.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - For information on bay scallop regulations, visit MyFWC.com/Fishing and click on “Saltwater Fishing,” “Recreational Regulations” and “Bay Scallops.”
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - Airboat operators carrying passengers for hire must complete an Airboat Operators Course.
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in Panama City at 850-265-3676.