Showing 21 through 30 of 447 articles
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in Lake City at 386-758-0525.
Reminder: Snook, red drum and spotted seatrout changes remain in effect for SW Florida areas previously impacted by red tideTuesday, March 5, 2019 - The FWC made these temporary regulation changes to help conserve these popular inshore species that were negatively impacted by a prolonged red tide that affected the area.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - The FWC partners with multiple government agencies and other conservation organizations to pool their resources and improve Florida turkey habitat.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - Disturbance can cause birds to abandon their nesting sites, exposing eggs and chicks to predators, sun exposure and other harm.
- Friday, March 1, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Naples City Fishing Pier, 25 12th Ave. S., Naples.
- Friday, March 1, 2019 - FWC staff recently completed a series of listening sessions that provided the public with an opportunity to provide feedback about management activities on Florida waterbodies with a focus on invasive plant management. Based on the input provided at these meetings, the FWC will begin implementing a number of improvements.
- Thursday, February 28, 2019 - The workshop will start at 6 p.m. ET and will be at the Steinhatchee Community Center, 1013 S. Riverside Drive.
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 - Only one of the eight idle-speed, no-wake zones, Zone 8, is still active on the Santa Fe, according to FWC officials.
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - The free, day-long clinic is from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Millers Boating Center, 1661 NW 57th St., Ocala.
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - These sighting reports provide important information about population distribution to the FWC.