Showing 21 through 30 of 560 articles
- Wednesday, June 19, 2019 - Gag grouper recreational harvest will close in state waters off the coasts of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties July 1, with the last day of harvest June 30.
- Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in the Highlands County lake in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and may impact access to navigation.
- Friday, June 14, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #1, 9050 Discovery Place, Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920.
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - Biologists transplanted hundreds of native aquatic plants in an effort to help restore this popular shallow-water bass and crappie fishing lake.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - This includes all state waters from the Suwannee River to the Fenholloway River.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - Barotrauma is a condition seen in many fish caught in waters greater than 50 feet that is caused by expansion of gases in the swim bladder.
Good news for America’s longest snake! 15 eastern indigo snakes just released in year three of the north Florida recovery effortTuesday, June 11, 2019 - . This effort marks the third year in a row that snakes raised specifically for recovery of the species have been released at The Nature Conservancy’s Apalachicola Bluffs and Ravines Preserve in Bristol.
- Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in West Palm Beach at 561-625-5122.
- Monday, June 10, 2019 - The FWC will offer a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic for children between the ages of 5 and 15 from 9 a.m. to noon at Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #3, 220 Christopher Columbus Drive.
- Monday, June 10, 2019 - The goal of these workshops is to encourage participation in gopher tortoise conservation at the local level by providing information that may assist participants with establishing a gopher tortoise recipient site.