Showing 21 through 30 of 603 articles
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in Lake City at 386-758-0525.
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019 - The suspects are charged with multiple felony and misdemeanor charges, including grand theft, dealing in stolen property, not delivering to a certified oyster house, and harvesting oysters in a closed season.
- Monday, August 5, 2019 - The Lionfish Challenge rewards lionfish harvesters with prizes for their lionfish removals.
- Monday, August 5, 2019 - FWC will take input on this topic and plans to return with a draft rule package at the October 2019 Commission meeting.
- Thursday, August 1, 2019 - To keep Florida free from CWD, hunters are prohibited from bringing into Florida whole carcasses of any cervid (deer, elk, moose, caribou and other members of the deer family) from states where CWD has been detected.
- Thursday, August 1, 2019 - The 2019 recreational and commercial spiny lobster season starts Aug. 6 and runs through March 31, 2020.
- Thursday, August 1, 2019 - Private landowners and representatives from local governments in nearby counties are encouraged to attend.
- Friday, July 26, 2019 - Traps may not be pulled until the 2019 recreational and commercial spiny lobster season starts Aug. 6.
- Thursday, July 25, 2019 - Green iguanas are an invasive species in Florida and are not native to our state. They can cause considerable damage to infrastructure, including seawalls and sidewalks.
- Wednesday, July 24, 2019 - This 10-day closure started July 20 and gives groups authorized by the FWC the opportunity to identify and retrieve lost and abandoned blue crab traps from the water.