Showing 1 through 10 of 139 articles for tag wildlife
- Monday, September 9, 2019 - Help prevent conflicts with bears by securing garbage and other items that might attract these animals.
- Monday, August 19, 2019 - All the affected animals have exhibited some degree of walking abnormally or difficulty coordinating their back legs.
- Friday, August 9, 2019 - Three suspects in Levy and Pinellas counties were arrested for violating state laws pertaining to illegally harvesting and selling various fish and wildlife. Fifteen additional suspects were served with notice to appear citations in Levy, Orange, Pinellas and Broward counties.
- Thursday, August 1, 2019 - Private landowners and representatives from local governments in nearby counties are encouraged to attend.
- Thursday, July 25, 2019 - Green iguanas are an invasive species in Florida and are not native to our state. They can cause considerable damage to infrastructure, including seawalls and sidewalks.
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 - Florida Bay is a unique, shallow estuary heavily influenced by water flow from the Everglades. It is an integral part of the south Florida ecosystem that serves as a nursery habitat for economically important species and provides boating, fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - Lee, Brevard and Volusia counties have reported higher numbers of boat strikes on manatees so far this year.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The new rule within Chapter 68A-16, F.A.C. (Rules Relating to Birds) includes regulations regarding the use, placement and possession of bird traps, and will go into effect later this year.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), is unveiling its new 2019 manatee and sea turtle decals. These high-quality stickers, featuring beautiful original artwork, are a fun way for people to support the research, rescue and management efforts that conserve these species and spread the word about the challenges they face.
- Friday, June 28, 2019 -