Showing 1 through 10 of 202 articles for tag wildlife
- Thursday, January 20, 2022 - The man received non-life-threatening injuries from a bear while attempting to protect his dogs. The man’s dogs were not injured.
- Friday, January 14, 2022 - The FWC and the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from a woman who was injured by a black bear while walking her dog in DeBary at approximately 9 p.m. on Jan. 13.
FWC: Governor DeSantis Continues To Make Conservation A Priority Through Protection Of Our Natural ResourcesWednesday, December 29, 2021 - Florida remains one of the country’s top destinations for world-class fishing, hunting and recreation thanks to Governor Ron DeSantis’ focus on preserving and protecting our natural resources.
- Thursday, December 16, 2021 - Beginning March 1, 2022, the collection of diamondback terrapins from the wild will be prohibited with exception of collection for scientific research with a permit.
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - The new rule improves public safety and increases accountability.
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 - The Guidelines are designed to be a tool for landowners, consultants, agency partners and other interested parties on how to conserve these species.
FWC: Governor Ron DeSantis’ Freedom First budget promotes natural resource restoration and supports Florida’s law enforcement officersThursday, December 9, 2021 - The budget reaffirms Governor DeSantis’ commitment to high priority conservation items including red tide research and manatee rescue, and provides additional resources and support for law enforcement.
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), in cooperation with Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), are enhancing ongoing efforts to address the unusual manatee mortality event (UME) along Florida’s Atlantic coast.
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 - Charges including possession of deer in closed season, taking of deer by illegal method and illegal take/possession of American alligator.
- Thursday, December 2, 2021 - These endangered mammals are extremely hard to spot and collisions have caused costly damage to boats, put passengers and crew at risk, and injured and killed right whales.