Showing 1 through 10 of 110 articles for tag wildlife
- Thursday, March 21, 2019 - Because of heightened wildlife activity in springtime, people are more likely to see and encounter all kinds of animals, both adults and their young. Florida’s residents and visitors can help by being aware of how to avoid disturbing wildlife during the rites of spring.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and participants should arrive by 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - Approximately 300 sick or dead turtles have been reported that may be related to this ongoing mortality event.
- Monday, March 18, 2019 - The FWC captured the bear in response to multiple reports of a bear entering tents.
- Monday, March 11, 2019 - Bat maternity season begins April 15 and runs through Aug. 15, and during this time it’s illegal to block bats from their roost.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - Disturbance can cause birds to abandon their nesting sites, exposing eggs and chicks to predators, sun exposure and other harm.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 - The proposed rule includes regulations regarding the use, placement, possession and transport of bird traps.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 - The new rules will add high-risk nonnative animals to the Prohibited list and clarify rule language by defining key terms.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 - Come to the 10th annual Florida Scrub-Jay Festival on Saturday, Feb. 23 in downtown Titusville at the Julia Street parking lot to learn more about this threatened species and its reliance on healthy scrub habitat.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.