Showing 1 through 10 of 181 articles for tag wildlife
- Wednesday, June 29, 2022 - The FWC reminds beachgoers how to help protect vulnerable beach-nesting birds while enjoying Florida’s coastal habitats this holiday weekend.
- Thursday, June 16, 2022 - Members of the public are now able to take the required online training and register to compete to win thousands of dollars in prizes while removing invasive Burmese pythons from the wild.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022 - Help sea turtles have a successful nesting season by giving them space, removing beach furniture at night, keeping beaches clean and dark, and never disturbing their nests.
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022 - On June 1, the 501st grasshopper sparrow completed its journey from White Oak Conservation with 12 friends, flew out of its enclosure and joined its fellow birds in the wild of the central Florida prairie.
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 - Bear response contractors will be trained to assist with various bear conservation efforts, including but not limited to helping residents and businesses avoid conflicts with bears, collecting information from and disposing of dead bears, and setting and monitoring bear traps.
- Friday, May 13, 2022 - A workshop hosted by the City of Clermont is scheduled for May 17 at the Clermont City Center. Representatives from local governments in nearby counties are encouraged to attend.
- Friday, May 13, 2022 - The FWC is seeking input on draft Species Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines for four species included in Florida’s Imperiled Species Management Plan: American oystercatchers, snowy plovers, least terns and black skimmers.
- Wednesday, April 27, 2022 - Most shorebirds and seabirds that nest on rooftops are state-Threatened species, such as black skimmers and least terns.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - Florida residents and visitors are encouraged to grab their mobile device and join us on a wild adventure with scavenger hunt missions that will help participants discover some of Florida’s best spots to see animals and enjoy the outdoors.
- Friday, April 22, 2022 - Broward wildlife dealer and company sentenced for a scheme to unlawfully enrich themselves and others by smuggling illegally-harvested Florida turtles out of the United States and into China, Japan, and other places.