Showing 1 through 10 of 183 articles for tag wildlife
- Wednesday, September 22, 2021 - The Gopher Tortoise Recipient Site Program benefits landowners and tortoises and is compatible with other land uses, such as hunting and wetland mitigation.
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021 - The FWC is seeking public feedback on draft Species Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines for four state-listed beach-nesting bird species including the American oystercatcher, snowy plover, least tern and black skimmer.
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021 - The FWC reminds you to help protect both people and bears by securing garbage and other items that could attract these animals to your yard or neighborhood.
- Thursday, August 26, 2021 - These temporary regulation changes were made to help conserve freshwater turtle species that continue to be affected by a fatal disease caused by a virus called Turtle Bunyavirus (TBV).
- Thursday, August 19, 2021 - Sea turtles are protected, so you should allow hatchlings to crawl toward the ocean on their own. Any interference or disturbance, including getting too close, can cause hatchlings to become confused and lose their way.
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021 - FWC staff will hold two public webinars during the public comment period that runs Aug. 16 through Sept. 13, 2021.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and partners celebrate another successful Florida Python Challenge®Thursday, August 5, 2021 - The 2021 Florida Python Challenge® yielded unprecedented results this year with more than 600 participants removing 223 invasive Burmese pythons from south Florida.
- Friday, July 9, 2021 - People interested in competing can still register through the last day of the competition, July 18 at FLPythonChallenge.org.
- Thursday, July 8, 2021 - These collectable decals help fund manatee and sea turtle conservation efforts and raise awareness about the species and their habitats.
- Friday, July 2, 2021 - The award will be presented to the participant who removes the most pythons as part of the competition.