Showing 1 through 10 of 159 articles for tag wildlife
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - As the population of this recovering species increases, so do the number of calls received by the FWC from people who are concerned by their presence.
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - As spring temperatures warm, bears are becoming more active, increasing opportunities for conflicts with people.
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 - This year, you can celebrate gopher tortoises by making your yard tortoise friendly and participating in our new recognition program.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The FWC is reminding anyone on the water to slow down and look out for manatees while boating in Florida this spring.
- Monday, March 29, 2021 - Beachgoers can help protect nesting sea turtles by practicing some simple tips.
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - Public access at the County Road 445 bridge is temporarily closed now during construction and is to be completed by June 2021.
- Monday, March 15, 2021 - To help keep people and pets safer when spending time near the water, the Florida FWC is introducing a new graphic outlining important safety tips.
- Friday, March 12, 2021 - Florida residents and visitors are encouraged to grab their mobile device and join a wild adventure with missions designed to help people discover some of Florida’s best spots to see wildlife and enjoy the outdoors.
- Friday, March 5, 2021 - This species might cause devastating impacts to Florida’s ecology and economy, and has recently been discovered in a Florida pet store and stores in other parts of the country.
- Tuesday, March 2, 2021 - By taking a few steps to limit disturbance to nesting waterbirds, we can help ensure they have a successful nesting season and that they will be around for our children and grandchildren to enjoy.