Showing 1 through 10 of 156 articles for tag wildlife
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019 - The FWC developed the Wildlife Habitat Recognition Program to show appreciation for the important contributions to wildlife conservation made by private landowners.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - As cooler weather comes to the Sunshine State, manatees begin to migrate to warmer waters. During this time of year, many of Florida’s over 7,000 manatees will be on the move.
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - Under Executive Order 19-41, carcasses of deer, elk, moose, caribou and all other members of the deer family may not be imported into Florida from anywhere, except for legally harvested white-tailed deer originating from Georgia or Alabama, provided they meet certain requirements.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - These management activities will enhance fish and wildlife habitat that has degraded over decades due to stabilized water levels as a result of flood control.
- Monday, October 21, 2019 - People are invited to the 7 p.m. public hearing at the Osceola County Administrative Building, 1 Courthouse Square, Suite 4700, in Kissimmee.
- Monday, October 21, 2019 - The first webinar will be held Thursday, Oct. 24 and the second webinar will be held Tuesday, Oct. 29, both from 6 to 8 p.m. (ET).
- Friday, October 18, 2019 - These charges represent the state’s largest seizure of turtles in recent history.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - This free public event is Saturday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE.
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 - The course, offered by the FWC’s Landowner Assistance Program, will be held on Thursday, Oct. 24, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at North Florida Research & Education Center, 155 Research Road, Quincy.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - To learn more about becoming a contracted nuisance alligator trapper and to apply online, visit MyFWC.com/Alligator and click on “Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program.”