Showing 11 through 20 of 156 articles for tag wildlife
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - People may surrender their exotic pets at the event, whether they are being kept legally or illegally, without penalty or cost.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - People throughout the state are invited to provide their feedback on the plan by completing an online survey at MyFWC.com/Bear between now and Nov. 6.
- Monday, October 7, 2019 - The goal of these workshops is to encourage participation in gopher tortoise conservation at the local level by providing information that may assist participants with establishing local gopher tortoise protection policies.
FWC Python Action Team removes 900th snake, captures record python from Big Cypress National PreserveFriday, October 4, 2019 - FWC PAT members Cynthia Downer and Jonathan Lopez captured the large adult female python weighing 98 pounds, 10 ounces, on Sept. 22 at Big Cypress National Preserve.
- Monday, September 30, 2019 - The new rule will provide an additional tool for law enforcement officers to help stop the poaching of these birds, while still allowing for lawful uses of bird traps.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - The FWC will meet at the Radisson Resort at the Port, 8701 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Monday, September 23, 2019 - The FWC will host an open house and public meeting on Thursday, Oct. 17 at Grand Lake RV and Golf Resort, 18545 45th Avenue in Citra from 5 - 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, September 9, 2019 - Help prevent conflicts with bears by securing garbage and other items that might attract these animals.
- Monday, August 19, 2019 - All the affected animals have exhibited some degree of walking abnormally or difficulty coordinating their back legs.
- Friday, August 9, 2019 - Three suspects in Levy and Pinellas counties were arrested for violating state laws pertaining to illegally harvesting and selling various fish and wildlife. Fifteen additional suspects were served with notice to appear citations in Levy, Orange, Pinellas and Broward counties.