Showing 11 through 20 of 134 articles for tag wildlife
- Monday, June 10, 2019 - The goal of these workshops is to encourage participation in gopher tortoise conservation at the local level by providing information that may assist participants with establishing a gopher tortoise recipient site.
- Monday, June 10, 2019 - Portions of Nassau Sound Islands Critical Wildlife Area, known locally as Big Bird Island, will be closed to allow for successful nesting of these beach-dependent species.
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - People may surrender their exotic pets at the event, whether they are being kept legally or illegally, without penalty or cost.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - FWC officials want boaters to be aware that these jumping fish can injure people.
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 - Captive-reared Florida grasshopper sparrows are being released on public lands in Osceola County during the coming weeks in an ongoing effort to reverse a near collapse of the species.
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 - Tallahassee and Leon County placed first in number of observations and number of species for our population category, fifth in number of species per capita and fourth in number of observers per capita, an impressive result for our first year!
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019 - The survey is an important tool for the FWC to understand private landowner perspectives and decisions around fish and wildlife, and natural resource conservation.
- Thursday, May 2, 2019 - This outbreak is unique due to its large geographic range, duration and the number of species affected, but the response is unprecedented as well.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - The new rules clarify rule language by defining key terms and add some high-risk nonnative animals to Florida’s Prohibited Nonnative Species List.
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 - To join this fun opportunity to observe nature, members of the public can look for wildlife and plants, photograph them and share their observations via iNaturalist.org or the iNaturalist app during the designated time period.