Showing 1 through 8 of 8 articles for tag cwa
- Tuesday, December 4, 2018 - Port Orange CWA is closed to public access from Jan. 1 to Aug. 31 to help conserve nesting birds. The new in-water signs alert boaters and others enjoying area waterways about the CWA boundaries.
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - The FWC has installed in-water markers around two Critical Wildlife Areas in Brevard County. Stick Marsh CWA and BC49 CWA have new signs alerting boaters to the status of these islands.
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - The FWC is installing in-water markers around CWAs in southwest Florida. Alafia Banks CWA in Hillsborough County, and Myakka River CWA and Roberts Bay CWA in Sarasota County, have new signs alerting boaters to the status of these islands.
- Thursday, April 19, 2018 - Nesting birds can be easily disturbed if people approach too closely. Such disturbance can cause birds to abandon their nesting sites, exposing eggs and chicks to predators, sun exposure and other harm.
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 - The FWC will soon be installing in-water markers around five new Critical Wildlife Areas in Lee County: Hemp Key CWA; Broken Islands CWA; Matanzas Pass Island CWA; Big Carlos Pass CWA; and Coconut Point East CWA.
- Thursday, February 1, 2018 - The FWC installed signs around two new Critical Wildlife Areas in Franklin County; Lanark Reef CWA and Flag Island CWA.
- Wednesday, December 6, 2017 - The small island, known as Port Orange Colony and now approved as a CWA, shelters hundreds of brown pelicans during nesting season.
- Thursday, April 13, 2017 - People can help keep nesting waterbirds safe by keeping their distance from them and Critical Wildlife Areas.