Showing 1 through 10 of 31 articles for tag research
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - This free public event is Saturday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE.
- Wednesday, July 10, 2019 - FWC researchers and volunteers will be out along Florida’s east coast during each day of the season asking recreational fishers about their red snapper trips and their catch.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), is unveiling its new 2019 manatee and sea turtle decals. These high-quality stickers, featuring beautiful original artwork, are a fun way for people to support the research, rescue and management efforts that conserve these species and spread the word about the challenges they face.
- Friday, July 5, 2019 -
- Tuesday, February 26, 2019 - These sighting reports provide important information about population distribution to the FWC.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - Results from the 2015-2016 manatee abundance survey suggest there were between 7,520 and 10,280 manatees in Florida, totals higher than an earlier abundance estimate suggested.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on management of the recreational spotted seatrout fishery. Your input will help FWC better understand the public’s satisfaction and desires related to this popular recreational fishery.
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 - FWC and Florida DEP leadership highlighted continued red tide response, including enhanced testing efforts, technology and equipment to support impacted communities, at a media availability at FWRI.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - FWC and Florida Department of Environmental Protection leadership met with county partners to discuss continued red tide response, including enhanced testing efforts, technology and equipment to support impacted communities.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - The public is invited to learn about Florida’s fish, wildlife and their habitats on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE. MarineQuest is a free, family-friendly event.