Showing 1 through 10 of 17 articles for tag research
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 - The budget will continue to support high priority conservation items, such as red tide research and invasive species management.
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020 - The Sunshine State is home to two species of skunks, the striped skunk and the smaller eastern spotted skunk.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020 - Fishery managers and researchers can use some of this information to have a better idea of how many people participate in a fishery, leading to better fisheries management practices.
- Monday, October 12, 2020 - On Saturday, Oct. 17, beginning at 9 a.m. ET, tune in to the FWRI Facebook page for exclusive interviews with FWC scientists, behind the scenes footage of fieldwork and visits in the laboratories at the Research Institute.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - The two surveys will be used to track red snapper landings in-season and improve year-round estimates of recreational catch, including releases, for a variety of important reef fish stocks, including red snapper in the south Atlantic.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) today approved Species Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines for seven of the more than 50 species in Florida’s Imperiled Species Management Plan.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - This free public event is Saturday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), is unveiling its new 2019 manatee and sea turtle decals. These high-quality stickers, featuring beautiful original artwork, are a fun way for people to support the research, rescue and management efforts that conserve these species and spread the word about the challenges they face.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - Results from the 2015-2016 manatee abundance survey suggest there were between 7,520 and 10,280 manatees in Florida, totals higher than an earlier abundance estimate suggested.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on management of the recreational spotted seatrout fishery. Your input will help FWC better understand the public’s satisfaction and desires related to this popular recreational fishery.