Showing 1 through 10 of 17 articles for tag research
- Monday, October 12, 2020 - On Saturday, Oct. 17, beginning at 9 a.m. ET, tune in to the FWRI Facebook page for exclusive interviews with FWC scientists, behind the scenes footage of fieldwork and visits in the laboratories at the Research Institute.
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - The two surveys will be used to track red snapper landings in-season and improve year-round estimates of recreational catch, including releases, for a variety of important reef fish stocks, including red snapper in the south Atlantic.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) today approved Species Conservation Measures and Permitting Guidelines for seven of the more than 50 species in Florida’s Imperiled Species Management Plan.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - This free public event is Saturday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), is unveiling its new 2019 manatee and sea turtle decals. These high-quality stickers, featuring beautiful original artwork, are a fun way for people to support the research, rescue and management efforts that conserve these species and spread the word about the challenges they face.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - Results from the 2015-2016 manatee abundance survey suggest there were between 7,520 and 10,280 manatees in Florida, totals higher than an earlier abundance estimate suggested.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on management of the recreational spotted seatrout fishery. Your input will help FWC better understand the public’s satisfaction and desires related to this popular recreational fishery.
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 - FWC and Florida DEP leadership highlighted continued red tide response, including enhanced testing efforts, technology and equipment to support impacted communities, at a media availability at FWRI.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - FWC and Florida Department of Environmental Protection leadership met with county partners to discuss continued red tide response, including enhanced testing efforts, technology and equipment to support impacted communities.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - The public is invited to learn about Florida’s fish, wildlife and their habitats on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE. MarineQuest is a free, family-friendly event.