Showing 1 through 7 of 7 articles for tag research
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - Results from the 2015-2016 manatee abundance survey suggest there were between 7,520 and 10,280 manatees in Florida, totals higher than an earlier abundance estimate suggested.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on management of the recreational spotted seatrout fishery. Your input will help FWC better understand the public’s satisfaction and desires related to this popular recreational fishery.
- Thursday, November 1, 2018 - FWC and Florida DEP leadership highlighted continued red tide response, including enhanced testing efforts, technology and equipment to support impacted communities, at a media availability at FWRI.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - FWC and Florida Department of Environmental Protection leadership met with county partners to discuss continued red tide response, including enhanced testing efforts, technology and equipment to support impacted communities.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - The public is invited to learn about Florida’s fish, wildlife and their habitats on Saturday, Oct. 20, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE. MarineQuest is a free, family-friendly event.
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 - The FWC will provide an enhanced, interactive map updated daily of water samples to inform the public on the status of naturally-occurring red tide throughout the state.
- Thursday, October 4, 2018 - FWC scientists at FWRI provided updates, demonstrated technology used to research and monitor naturally-occurring red tide, and highlighted the innovative public-private partnerships that support impacted communities and combat red tide.