Showing 1 through 10 of 40 articles for tag invasive
- Thursday, January 7, 2021 - Activities will include fillet demonstrations; family-friendly games and activities; art, diving and conservation booths; and the world’s largest lionfish spearfishing tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - There have been many achievements this year thanks to the Governor’s leadership and teamwork among stakeholders and partners.
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 - Donald C. Vautrinot was spearfishing for red snapper off Destin when he snagged a Gulf record 18.19 inch lionfish.
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - Beginning Sept. 29, staff will be holding 10 online workshops to present proposed rule changes and collect public comment on this important topic.
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 - The Lionfish Challenge has been extended. Participants will now have until Nov. 1 to submit their lionfish.
- Tuesday, July 28, 2020 - The public can help control nonnative invasive wildlife by reporting sightings to the FWC’s Exotic Species Hotline at 888-IveGot1 (888-483-4681), online at IveGot1.org or by using the free smartphone app IVEGOT1.
- Thursday, July 23, 2020 - The FWC will host online stakeholder workshops to present proposed rule changes and collect public and industry comment on this topic.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020 - The Challenge is open now and will run through Labor Day (Sept. 7). Register online at FWCReefRangers.com at any time.
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - People can surrender their exotic pets at the event, whether they are being kept legally or illegally, without penalty or cost.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 - Participants in the Florida Python Challenge™ 2020 Python Bowl removed 80 invasive Burmese pythons from the Everglades while simultaneously helping to raise awareness about this important conservation issue. Today the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and the South Florida Water Management District announced the results and winners of the Python Removal Competition at the 2020 Python Bowl award ceremony at the Super Bowl Live event in Miami.