Showing 1 through 10 of 28 articles for tag invasive plant treatment
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 - The FWC, South Florida Water Management District and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plan to conduct a prescribed burn on the northwest end of Lake Okeechobee this week,
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - The meeting will be held on Thursday, Feb. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Osceola Council on Aging, 700 Generation Point, Kissimmee, FL, 34744.
- Friday, November 8, 2019 - Approximately 550 acres of nuisance cattail within specified shoreline areas of the lake will be targeted with Clearcast® (Imazamox), a selective herbicide approved for aquatic use by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Friday, November 8, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will be conducting an herbicide treatment from Nov. 11 through Nov. 15, weather permitting, on East Lake Tohopekaliga as part of the 2019-20 East Lake Tohopekaliga Drawdown and Habitat Enhancement Project.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - The FWC plans to conduct aquatic plant treatments on Lake Okeechobee from Thursday, Oct. 24 through Friday, Nov. 1. No treatments will be conducted during the weekend.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - The meeting is in Tavares on Monday, October 14, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Tavares Civic Center, 100 E. Caroline St.
- Monday, September 23, 2019 - The FWC will host an open house and public meeting on Thursday, Oct. 17 at Grand Lake RV and Golf Resort, 18545 45th Avenue in Citra from 5 - 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - The FWC will conduct aquatic plant control by treating invasive hydrilla on Lake Parker on May 30, weather permitting.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla on Lake Lawne on May 23, weather permitting.
- Monday, May 20, 2019 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in the Columbia County lake in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and where it is impacting access to navigation.