Showing 1 through 10 of 199 articles for tag saltwater
- Friday, September 13, 2019 - This grant program is focused on recruiting new anglers, retaining active anglers and reactivating lapsed anglers to ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Thursday, September 12, 2019 - The FWC has a Lionfish Educational Exhibit Program that provides one-time financial assistance to help build or update a high-quality lionfish exhibit.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - Kayaks are nimble, less expensive than most motorized boats and provide access to places even the best casts from land just can’t reach.
- Friday, September 6, 2019 - Bay scallop seasons in the following regions close
- Monday, August 26, 2019 - License-free fishing days are a great way for Florida residents and visitors to get out on the water and find out why Florida is known as the Fishing Capital of the World.
- Monday, August 26, 2019 - The fourth annual Lionfish Challenge is almost over (last day to submit is Labor Day, Sept. 2), but there is still time to earn prizes or get a chance at $3,000 for harvesting the largest or smallest lionfish of the competition.
- Friday, August 23, 2019 - The updated website floats a familiar design and feel but offers some exciting new features, most notably an improved submission format that identifies which recognitions a catch will likely qualify for.
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - A snook permit, as well as a recreational saltwater license, is required to harvest snook unless the angler is exempt from the recreational license requirements.
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - Florida Coral Crew members are helping raise awareness about the Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease rapidly affecting the Florida Reef Tract.
- Friday, August 9, 2019 - Three suspects in Levy and Pinellas counties were arrested for violating state laws pertaining to illegally harvesting and selling various fish and wildlife. Fifteen additional suspects were served with notice to appear citations in Levy, Orange, Pinellas and Broward counties.