Showing 1 through 10 of 210 articles for tag saltwater
- Friday, November 8, 2019 - Share your input about the future timing of the Gulf County bay scallop season at an in-person workshop starting at 5:30 p.m. (EST) Nov. 14, in Port St. Joe at the Gulf County Public Library, 110 Library Drive.
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - In celebration of Catch a Florida Memory’s third “fish-iversary” this month, we’re giving you more chances to reel in a recognition by lowering Reel Big Fish lengths for ladyfish and bluefish.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - The recreational harvest of greater amberjack in Gulf of Mexico state and federal waters closes Nov. 1 and will remain closed through April 30, 2020. The season is scheduled to reopen May 1-31, 2020.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - This closure includes all state waters south of Cape Sable, which is on the Gulf side of Florida, and up the Atlantic coast.
- Thursday, October 17, 2019 - FWC will take input on this topic and plans to return with a draft rule package at the December 2019 Commission meeting in Panama City Beach.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - The red snapper season for private recreational anglers and state for-hire operations in the Gulf of Mexico will be open on the following Saturdays and Sundays: Oct. 12, 13, 19, 20, 26 and 27.
- Monday, October 7, 2019 - Recreational harvesters who are age 16 and older and fish with traps are now required to complete an online, no-cost recreational stone crab trap registration and place their registration number on their traps before using them.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019 - The FWC approved regulation changes to create a recreational limit for blackfin tuna of two fish per person or 10 fish per vessel, whichever is greater,
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019 - Staff will gather additional feedback on these proposals online and at the upcoming public workshops and will bring a draft rule package to the December Commission meeting in Panama City Beach.
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019 - Staff directed to continue considering public input and update the proposal as needed prior to bringing this back at a future meeting for final approval