Showing 1 through 10 of 231 articles for tag saltwater
- Friday, May 13, 2022 - The catch-and-release measures for snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in all waters from Sarasota Bay through Gordon Pass in Collier County were put in place as part of the response to the prolonged 2017-2019 red tide event.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - The 2022 recreational season for blueline tilefish will be open May 1 - July 25 in state waters, closing July 26.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - These changes are consistent with pending regulations in Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic federal waters.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - Staff plans to continue to gather input on the proposed rules and will return to the Commission for a Final Rule Hearing later this year.
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - These new regulations are a proactive conservation measure intended to help address stakeholder concerns regarding declines in the dolphinfish fishery.
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - Activities will include fillet demonstrations; family-friendly games and activities; art, diving and conservation booths; and the world’s largest lionfish spearfishing tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - Stone crab traps must be removed from the water within five days after the close of the stone crab season.
- Monday, April 25, 2022 - More information about bag and size limits, gear restrictions and fishing seasons for these species is available online at MyFWC.com/Marine.
- Monday, April 25, 2022 - Following a closure in June and July, recreational harvest of Gulf greater amberjack is scheduled to reopen again Aug. 1-Oct. 31.
- Thursday, April 21, 2022 - The 2022 Gulf red snapper recreational season will total 57 days, the longest season since the state assumed management of red snapper and will include both a summer and fall season.