Showing 1 through 10 of 196 articles for tag saltwater
- Monday, March 29, 2021 - The FWC will be holding three virtual workshops to gather public input about the short-term management of snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in southwest Florida.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - The spiny lobster recreational and commercial seasons close to harvest in state and federal waters starting April 1 and will reopen Aug. 6.
New protections for multi-species fish spawning aggregations near Western Dry Rocks effective April 1Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - This includes the prohibition of all fishing from April through July in a 1-square-mile area near Western Dry Rocks.
- Monday, March 22, 2021 - State waters off the coast of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties will open to recreational harvest of gag grouper starting April 1. This regional season will remain open through June 30.
- Monday, March 8, 2021 - Get started on your fishing journey with this quick guide for new anglers.
- Friday, February 26, 2021 - Starting April 1, 2021, all fishing is prohibited from April through July in a 1-square-mile area near Western Dry Rocks.
- Friday, February 26, 2021 - FWC staff will continue gathering public input both online at MyFWC.com/SaltwaterComments and through public workshops, which will be scheduled in the future.
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - Effective March 1, anglers will be able to earn Reel Big Fish recognition for vermilion snapper and saltwater catfish.
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 - The recreational gray triggerfish season reopens to harvest in Gulf state and federal waters March 1, and will remain open through May 31, closing June 1 through July 31 for an annual spawning season closure.
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 - The Commission approved these changes at its December 2020 meeting because a stock status update suggested that the flounder fishery statewide has been in a general declining trend and is likely overfished and undergoing overfishing on the Atlantic coast of Florida.