Showing 1 through 10 of 309 articles for tag saltwater
- Friday, November 3, 2023 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is gathering public feedback on potential changes to the bay scallop season for the Pasco County Zone. The Pasco County Zone currently has a 10-day season in rule but a longer, trial season was set by executive order in 2023 to assess whether extending the season would balance resource sustainability with community interests. Based on the outcome of this recent season, staff are exploring different options for future seasons in the Pasco County Zone.
- Tuesday, October 31, 2023 - This closure includes all state and federal waters south of Cape Sable, which is on the Gulf side of Florida and up the Atlantic coast.
- Friday, October 27, 2023 - Spotted seatrout will be closed to recreational harvest Nov. 1 through Dec. 31 in the Central East Management Region, which includes all state and federal waters from Palm Beach through Volusia counties.
FWC unveils 2023 Lionfish Challenge King and Commercial Champion, celebrating a record-breaking yearThursday, October 19, 2023 - Dedicated divers embarked on 917 trips throughout the state during the 4-month tournament, triumphantly removing a staggering 30,494 lionfish from Florida state waters, nearly 5,000 more than last year.
ICYMI: Governor Ron DeSantis Announces 50% Discounts for Florida State Park Passes and FWC Hunting and Fishing LicensesFriday, October 13, 2023 - The Governor fully supports Floridians in enjoying our state’s natural resources and the activities that have become family traditions such as hunting and fishing.
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - After undergoing a comprehensive review, 50 schools were awarded the Florida R3 Fishing Grant.
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023 - This closed season provides protection to flounder during pre-spawning aggregations, which ensures more fish can reproduce each year.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023 - These regulations will go into effect Jan. 1, 2024.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2023 - The FWC approved changes to recreational and commercial stone crab regulations for escape ring requirements.
FWC issues executive order to close recreational harvest of gag grouper in Gulf state waters starting Oct. 19Wednesday, October 4, 2023 - Consistent state and federal recreational seasons for Gulf gag grouper will help prevent quota overages and mitigate risks of future paybacks and shortened seasons.