Showing 1 through 10 of 29 articles for tag outta the woods
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - FWC staff initiated the proposal to promote youth hunting and stakeholders were overwhelmingly supportive of this new opportunity.
- Thursday, August 1, 2019 - To keep Florida free from CWD, hunters are prohibited from bringing into Florida whole carcasses of any cervid (deer, elk, moose, caribou and other members of the deer family) from states where CWD has been detected.
- Monday, June 3, 2019 - Students can take a hunter safety course for free.
- Monday, May 6, 2019 - Apply to take part in the annual statewide recreational alligator harvest, which always runs Aug. 15 – Nov. 1.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - A quota, which is the maximum number of hunters allowed on a particular wildlife management area during a hunt, prevents overcrowding and helps manage game harvests.
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - At their February meeting, FWC Commissioners passed new deer hunting rules that take effect starting with the opening of archery and crossbow seasons in Zone A on Aug. 3, 2019.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - The FWC partners with multiple government agencies and other conservation organizations to pool their resources and improve Florida turkey habitat.
- Monday, February 4, 2019 - Hours of daylight decreasing, geographic latitude, genetics, climate, evolution and moon phase are many factors that hunters and deer enthusiasts have debated over the years.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - In 2017, Ducks Unlimited, the FWC and others partnered to conserve, improve and restore nearly 30,000 acres of wetland habitat in Florida.
- Monday, December 3, 2018 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of waterfowl and coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.