Showing 1 through 10 of 29 articles for tag outta the woods
- Friday, October 1, 2021 - If you know someone – a friend, family member, neighbor or coworker – who shows an interest in hunting, invite them on your next outing, even if you’re just scouting.
- Thursday, September 2, 2021 - We’ve compiled a list of common questions our customer call center staff and biologists receive. Not only will the following FAQs put you in the know but we hope you’ll share the answers with other hunters in your favorite forum or Facebook group!
- Monday, August 2, 2021 - Data about the impact of the FWC's deer antler point regulations suggest progress is being made in an area important to most deer hunters – more opportunities to see and harvest larger antlered deer.
- Thursday, July 1, 2021 - Your preseason to-do list might include finding a place to hunt, practicing with your bow or crossbow, and brushing up on new and existing regulations. Following are five steps to help you prepare.
- Thursday, June 3, 2021 - The FWC offers public hunting opportunities for wild hog at 26 wildlife management areas across the state.
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp gives youth aged 8 to 17 an opportunity to experience the outdoors through a variety of safe, fun and age appropriate weeklong camps.
- Monday, March 1, 2021 - While many WMAs offering spring turkey hunting require a quota permit, there are over 40 areas you can hunt even if you didn’t score a quota hunt permit.
- Monday, February 1, 2021 - The FWC recently launched a new map that shows the predicted quality of habitat based on the location, amount and arrangement of habitat needed throughout a wild turkey’s home range and life cycle.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - WMAs are managed to conserve a variety of wildlife species and provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Monday, December 7, 2020 - Enjoying the outdoors with loved ones is especially important during a year as challenging as this one.