Showing 1 through 10 of 24 articles for tag outta the woods
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019 - At their February meeting, FWC Commissioners passed new deer hunting rules that take effect starting with the opening of archery and crossbow seasons in Zone A on Aug. 3, 2019.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - The FWC partners with multiple government agencies and other conservation organizations to pool their resources and improve Florida turkey habitat.
- Monday, February 4, 2019 - Hours of daylight decreasing, geographic latitude, genetics, climate, evolution and moon phase are many factors that hunters and deer enthusiasts have debated over the years.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - In 2017, Ducks Unlimited, the FWC and others partnered to conserve, improve and restore nearly 30,000 acres of wetland habitat in Florida.
- Monday, December 3, 2018 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of waterfowl and coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.
- Monday, November 5, 2018 - It’s a wonderful time of year to remember those who introduced us to hunting. And the holiday gives us a great opportunity to pay it forward by taking someone else hunting such as a neighbor, friend, family member or coworker.
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018 - The beginning of muzzleloading gun season immediately follows the close of crossbow season in each zone annually. Season dates run Nov. 17-30 in Zone B, Oct. 20 – Nov. 2 in Zone C and Dec. 1-7 in Zone D.
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018 - Chronic Wasting Disease, or CWD as it’s more commonly called, has most recently been detected in Mississippi. This is the closest the fatal deer disease has been to our Florida border.
- Monday, July 2, 2018 - Because dove hunting is one of the best ways to introduce new people to hunting and enjoy time afield with friends and family, the FWC created its Special-Opportunity Dove Club Program.
- Thursday, May 3, 2018 - Since 1988, the FWC has offered hunters the opportunity to take part in its annual statewide recreational alligator harvest that always runs Aug. 15 – Nov. 1.