Showing 1 through 10 of 19 articles for tag outta the woods
- Monday, August 3, 2020 - This year, waterfowl hunting opportunities created by permit holders who don’t show up for morning stormwater treatment area hunts will be distributed differently.
- Thursday, July 2, 2020 - All hunters, including those exempt from hunting license/permit requirements, must log and report their harvested deer.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of the waterfowl/coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Starting this hunting season, youth may take part in a Youth Waterfowl Hunting Day occurring the Saturday before the start of the first phase of the regular waterfowl season, which is Nov. 16, and another one held the second Saturday after the second phase of the season closes, Feb. 8. Previously, youth waterfowl hunting days were a Saturday-Sunday hunt in February.
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - FWC staff initiated the proposal to promote youth hunting and stakeholders were overwhelmingly supportive of this new opportunity.
- Thursday, August 1, 2019 - The FWC is educating hunters, landowners and outdoor enthusiasts about CWD and asks that anyone who sees a sick, abnormally thin deer or finds a deer dead from unknown causes to call the toll-free CWD hotline, 866-CWD-WATCH (866-293-9282). In addition to extreme weight loss, deer with CWD exhibit odd behaviors such as loss of fear of humans, lowering of the head, blank staring, walking in circles, staggering, standing with a wide stance and being lethargic.
- Monday, May 6, 2019 - Apply to take part in the annual statewide recreational alligator harvest, which always runs Aug. 15 – Nov. 1.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - The FWC partners with multiple government agencies and other conservation organizations to pool their resources and improve Florida turkey habitat.
- Tuesday, January 8, 2019 - In 2017, Ducks Unlimited, the FWC and others partnered to conserve, improve and restore nearly 30,000 acres of wetland habitat in Florida.
- Monday, December 3, 2018 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of waterfowl and coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.