Showing 1 through 10 of 27 articles for tag outta the woods
- Monday, August 2, 2021 - Data about the impact of the FWC's deer antler point regulations suggest progress is being made in an area important to most deer hunters – more opportunities to see and harvest larger antlered deer.
- Thursday, July 1, 2021 - Your preseason to-do list might include finding a place to hunt, practicing with your bow or crossbow, and brushing up on new and existing regulations. Following are five steps to help you prepare.
- Thursday, June 3, 2021 - The FWC offers public hunting opportunities for wild hog at 26 wildlife management areas across the state.
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp gives youth aged 8 to 17 an opportunity to experience the outdoors through a variety of safe, fun and age appropriate weeklong camps.
- Monday, March 1, 2021 - While many WMAs offering spring turkey hunting require a quota permit, there are over 40 areas you can hunt even if you didn’t score a quota hunt permit.
- Monday, February 1, 2021 - The FWC recently launched a new map that shows the predicted quality of habitat based on the location, amount and arrangement of habitat needed throughout a wild turkey’s home range and life cycle.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - WMAs are managed to conserve a variety of wildlife species and provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Monday, December 7, 2020 - Enjoying the outdoors with loved ones is especially important during a year as challenging as this one.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 - You can stay safe when hunting from an elevated platform by following a few simple precautions.
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020 - Knowing and following the requirements for importing harvested deer, elk, moose, caribou and other members of the deer family are important ways you can help protect Florida deer populations.