Showing 1 through 10 of 26 articles for tag outta the woods
- Wednesday, March 2, 2022 - Florida’s WMA system has grown by nearly 100,000 acres in the past six years. Our WMA system – at over 6 million acres – is one of the largest in the country.
- Tuesday, February 1, 2022 - To ensure healthy wild turkey populations throughout Florida and provide sustainable hunting opportunities, the FWC's wild turkey management program continues to work on several objectives outlined in the strategic management plan including monitoring wild turkey abundance and distribution and improving wild turkey habitat on public lands.
- Thursday, December 2, 2021 - With hunting in full swing during the holidays, it’s a perfect time for friends and family to celebrate old traditions and create new ones.
- Monday, November 1, 2021 - The FWC offers special opportunities this month to introduce the next generation to hunting and conservation.
- Friday, October 1, 2021 - If you know someone – a friend, family member, neighbor or coworker – who shows an interest in hunting, invite them on your next outing, even if you’re just scouting.
- Thursday, September 2, 2021 - We’ve compiled a list of common questions our customer call center staff and biologists receive. Not only will the following FAQs put you in the know but we hope you’ll share the answers with other hunters in your favorite forum or Facebook group!
- Monday, August 2, 2021 - Data about the impact of the FWC's deer antler point regulations suggest progress is being made in an area important to most deer hunters – more opportunities to see and harvest larger antlered deer.
- Thursday, July 1, 2021 - Your preseason to-do list might include finding a place to hunt, practicing with your bow or crossbow, and brushing up on new and existing regulations. Following are five steps to help you prepare.
- Thursday, June 3, 2021 - The FWC offers public hunting opportunities for wild hog at 26 wildlife management areas across the state.
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp gives youth aged 8 to 17 an opportunity to experience the outdoors through a variety of safe, fun and age appropriate weeklong camps.