Showing 1 through 10 of 24 articles for tag outta the woods
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The Ocala Outdoor Adventure Camp gives youth aged 8 to 17 an opportunity to experience the outdoors through a variety of safe, fun and age appropriate weeklong camps.
- Monday, March 1, 2021 - While many WMAs offering spring turkey hunting require a quota permit, there are over 40 areas you can hunt even if you didn’t score a quota hunt permit.
- Monday, February 1, 2021 - The FWC recently launched a new map that shows the predicted quality of habitat based on the location, amount and arrangement of habitat needed throughout a wild turkey’s home range and life cycle.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - WMAs are managed to conserve a variety of wildlife species and provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Monday, December 7, 2020 - Enjoying the outdoors with loved ones is especially important during a year as challenging as this one.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 - You can stay safe when hunting from an elevated platform by following a few simple precautions.
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020 - Knowing and following the requirements for importing harvested deer, elk, moose, caribou and other members of the deer family are important ways you can help protect Florida deer populations.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 - This year, waterfowl hunting opportunities created by permit holders who don’t show up for morning stormwater treatment area hunts will be distributed differently.
- Thursday, July 2, 2020 - All hunters, including those exempt from hunting license/permit requirements, must log and report their harvested deer.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of the waterfowl/coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.