Showing 11 through 20 of 26 articles for tag outta the woods
- Monday, March 1, 2021 - While many WMAs offering spring turkey hunting require a quota permit, there are over 40 areas you can hunt even if you didn’t score a quota hunt permit.
- Monday, February 1, 2021 - The FWC recently launched a new map that shows the predicted quality of habitat based on the location, amount and arrangement of habitat needed throughout a wild turkey’s home range and life cycle.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - WMAs are managed to conserve a variety of wildlife species and provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Monday, December 7, 2020 - Enjoying the outdoors with loved ones is especially important during a year as challenging as this one.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 - You can stay safe when hunting from an elevated platform by following a few simple precautions.
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020 - Knowing and following the requirements for importing harvested deer, elk, moose, caribou and other members of the deer family are important ways you can help protect Florida deer populations.
- Monday, August 3, 2020 - This year, waterfowl hunting opportunities created by permit holders who don’t show up for morning stormwater treatment area hunts will be distributed differently.
- Thursday, July 2, 2020 - All hunters, including those exempt from hunting license/permit requirements, must log and report their harvested deer.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of the waterfowl/coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Starting this hunting season, youth may take part in a Youth Waterfowl Hunting Day occurring the Saturday before the start of the first phase of the regular waterfowl season, which is Nov. 16, and another one held the second Saturday after the second phase of the season closes, Feb. 8. Previously, youth waterfowl hunting days were a Saturday-Sunday hunt in February.