Showing 11 through 20 of 27 articles for tag outta the woods
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018 - Chronic Wasting Disease, or CWD as it’s more commonly called, has most recently been detected in Mississippi. This is the closest the fatal deer disease has been to our Florida border.
- Monday, July 2, 2018 - Because dove hunting is one of the best ways to introduce new people to hunting and enjoy time afield with friends and family, the FWC created its Special-Opportunity Dove Club Program.
- Thursday, May 3, 2018 - Since 1988, the FWC has offered hunters the opportunity to take part in its annual statewide recreational alligator harvest that always runs Aug. 15 – Nov. 1.
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - This spring and summer, there will be numerous hog hunts (mostly on weekends) on several WMAs.
- Friday, March 2, 2018 - Holmes County hunters will enjoy their first full-length spring turkey season after 20 years – a result of a successful wild turkey restoration project and partnership between the FWC, National Wild Turkey Federation and local landowners.
- Thursday, January 4, 2018 - Prescribed fire is the best and most cost-effective tool the FWC's wildlife managers have for managing wildlife habitat, especially large tracts.
- Friday, December 1, 2017 - The new waterfowl guide and revamped dove hunting webpage are available for the second phase of waterfowl and coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove, which both open in December.
- Wednesday, November 1, 2017 - Whether you prefer small-game hunting with friends and family or hunting solo and going after that monster buck, boar hog or big tom, November brings loads of great hunting opportunities.
- Friday, October 6, 2017 - Small game hunting provides a great opportunity for seasoned hunters to recruit new conservationists by passing on our hunting heritage to youth or adults new to hunting.
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - Besides hunting the rut, early bow seasons provide a great opportunity to take a mature whitetail and are among the best times to do so.