Showing 11 through 20 of 30 articles for tag outta the woods
- Monday, December 3, 2018 - December brings cooler weather and with that comes wintering migratory birds just in time for the start of the second phase of waterfowl and coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove.
- Monday, November 5, 2018 - It’s a wonderful time of year to remember those who introduced us to hunting. And the holiday gives us a great opportunity to pay it forward by taking someone else hunting such as a neighbor, friend, family member or coworker.
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018 - The beginning of muzzleloading gun season immediately follows the close of crossbow season in each zone annually. Season dates run Nov. 17-30 in Zone B, Oct. 20 – Nov. 2 in Zone C and Dec. 1-7 in Zone D.
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018 - Chronic Wasting Disease, or CWD as it’s more commonly called, has most recently been detected in Mississippi. This is the closest the fatal deer disease has been to our Florida border.
- Monday, July 2, 2018 - Because dove hunting is one of the best ways to introduce new people to hunting and enjoy time afield with friends and family, the FWC created its Special-Opportunity Dove Club Program.
- Thursday, May 3, 2018 - Since 1988, the FWC has offered hunters the opportunity to take part in its annual statewide recreational alligator harvest that always runs Aug. 15 – Nov. 1.
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - This spring and summer, there will be numerous hog hunts (mostly on weekends) on several WMAs.
- Friday, March 2, 2018 - Holmes County hunters will enjoy their first full-length spring turkey season after 20 years – a result of a successful wild turkey restoration project and partnership between the FWC, National Wild Turkey Federation and local landowners.
- Thursday, January 4, 2018 - Prescribed fire is the best and most cost-effective tool the FWC's wildlife managers have for managing wildlife habitat, especially large tracts.
- Friday, December 1, 2017 - The new waterfowl guide and revamped dove hunting webpage are available for the second phase of waterfowl and coot season and the third phase of mourning and white-winged dove, which both open in December.