Showing 1 through 10 of 14 articles for tag wma
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and participants should arrive by 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - A 10-year plan for the Lake Stone FMA will be presented at a public hearing in Pensacola at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 28 at the Ernie Lee Magaha Governmental Complex, Board of County Commissioner Chambers, 221 Palafox Place.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - People are invited to the 7 p.m. public hearing at the Polk County Neil Combee Administration Building, 330 Church St., Room 431, in Bartow.
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - Recent rains have raised water levels in the portion of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor Wildlife Management Area known as 3A North prompting the FWC to reopen the area.
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - Effective immediately, the order prohibits motorized vehicles, including swamp buggies/tracked vehicles and airboats, in a portion of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA designated as Water Conservation Area 3A North.
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - This area in Taylor County has been closed for construction since Jan. 2 to address damages done to the Hickory Mound Impoundment during Hurricane Hermine in September 2016.
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - The improvements will address storm damage to the dam. Construction is scheduled to begin April 1 and continue through August, weather permitting.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - More information about the WMAs’ 75th anniversary and the experiences that WMAs offer to Floridians and visitors all year-long can be found at MyFWC.com/WMA75.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - During this year’s 75th anniversary of the Florida WMA system, for the first time bioblitzes are happening around the state, guided by biologists with the Florida FWC.
- Monday, April 3, 2017 - WMAs are managed for conservation and recreation, and offer diverse and exciting public hunting opportunities.