Showing 1 through 10 of 24 articles for tag wma
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Lafayette Forest Wildlife and Environmental Area at a virtual public meeting on April 15, at 7 p.m.
- Friday, March 12, 2021 - Florida residents and visitors are encouraged to grab their mobile device and join a wild adventure with missions designed to help people discover some of Florida’s best spots to see wildlife and enjoy the outdoors.
- Monday, March 1, 2021 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Apalachicola River Wildlife and Environmental Area at a virtual public hearing on Thursday, March 11
- Monday, February 22, 2021 - Bunting has served for over 15 years at the Apalachee Wildlife Management Area in the Florida Panhandle and has worked tirelessly to restore the WMA after it was devastated by Hurricane Michael in October 2018.
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - WMAs are managed to conserve a variety of wildlife species and provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Chassahowitzka WMA at a virtual public hearing at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28. All members of the public are invited to attend via Adobe Connect.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Triple N Ranch WMA at a virtual public hearing via Adobe Connect at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 15.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - These restrictions are needed to reduce stress to area wildlife caused by high water levels that force them to take refuge on tree islands and levees.
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 - Due to receding water levels, the FWC reopened Everglades and Francis S. Taylor and Holey Land Wildlife Management Areas to most recreational opportunities Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Friday, August 14, 2020 - The Great American Outdoors Act provides $900 million a year in guaranteed funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, further benefiting our parks and wildlife refuges.