Showing 1 through 10 of 21 articles for tag wma
- Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - WMAs are managed to conserve a variety of wildlife species and provide outdoor recreation opportunities.
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Chassahowitzka WMA at a virtual public hearing at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 28. All members of the public are invited to attend via Adobe Connect.
- Thursday, October 1, 2020 - The FWC will present a 10-year management plan for the Triple N Ranch WMA at a virtual public hearing via Adobe Connect at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 15.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - These restrictions are needed to reduce stress to area wildlife caused by high water levels that force them to take refuge on tree islands and levees.
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 - Due to receding water levels, the FWC reopened Everglades and Francis S. Taylor and Holey Land Wildlife Management Areas to most recreational opportunities Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Friday, August 14, 2020 - The Great American Outdoors Act provides $900 million a year in guaranteed funding for the Land and Water Conservation Fund, further benefiting our parks and wildlife refuges.
High water prompts restrictions at wildlife management areas in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade countiesWednesday, August 12, 2020 - This action is needed to reduce stress to area wildlife caused by high water levels that force them to take refuge on tree islands and levees.
- Monday, June 29, 2020 - A 10-year plan for the Caravelle Ranch WMA will be presented at a public hearing virtually via Abode Connect, an online communications tool, on Wednesday, July 8 at 7 p.m.
- Monday, March 9, 2020 - The public hearing will be at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 19 at the John Boy Auditorium, 1200 S. WC Owen Ave. in Clewiston.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will present a 10-year plan for the Half Moon Wildlife Management Area at a public hearing in Sumter County on Wednesday, Dec. 11.