Showing 1 through 7 of 7 articles for tag wma
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will present a 10-year plan for the Half Moon Wildlife Management Area at a public hearing in Sumter County on Wednesday, Dec. 11.
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - Recent rains have raised water levels in the portion of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor Wildlife Management Area known as 3A North prompting the FWC to reopen the area.
- Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - Effective immediately, the order prohibits motorized vehicles, including swamp buggies/tracked vehicles and airboats, in a portion of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA designated as Water Conservation Area 3A North.
- Monday, April 2, 2018 - This area in Taylor County has been closed for construction since Jan. 2 to address damages done to the Hickory Mound Impoundment during Hurricane Hermine in September 2016.
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 - The improvements will address storm damage to the dam. Construction is scheduled to begin April 1 and continue through August, weather permitting.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 - More information about the WMAs’ 75th anniversary and the experiences that WMAs offer to Floridians and visitors all year-long can be found at MyFWC.com/WMA75.
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - To learn more about upcoming events or to find a WMA near you, visit MyFWC.com/WMA75.