Showing 1 through 10 of 51 articles for tag freshwater
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - These management activities will enhance fish and wildlife habitat that has degraded over decades due to stabilized water levels as a result of flood control.
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - The FWC plans to conduct aquatic plant treatments on Lake Okeechobee from Thursday, Oct. 24 through Friday, Nov. 1. No treatments will be conducted during the weekend.
- Monday, October 14, 2019 - The FWC is removing approximately 31 acres of cattail and associated organic material from the Big Grassy Island area of Lake Toho over the next month.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - The FWC has approved moving forward on a draft rule to suspend harvest and possession of shoal bass in the Chipola River and its tributaries.
- Monday, September 30, 2019 - To date, 7,303 Lunker Club, 1,751 Trophy Club, and 66 Hall of Fame fish make up the milestone.
- Friday, September 27, 2019 - The information provided will be used to better understand the economic impacts of tournaments at both the local and statewide level, and to inform lake management actions.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - You can celebrate National Hunting and Fishing Day Sept. 28 by enjoying all the state has to offer and make a difference as well.
- Monday, September 23, 2019 - The FWC will host an open house and public meeting on Thursday, Oct. 17 at Grand Lake RV and Golf Resort, 18545 45th Avenue in Citra from 5 - 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 13, 2019 - This grant program is focused on recruiting new anglers, retaining active anglers and reactivating lapsed anglers to ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program celebrates its most recent Hall of Fame largemouth bass catch weighing 13 pounds, 5 ounces, caught and released by Chad Dorland during a UF fishing tournament.