Showing 1 through 10 of 80 articles for tag freshwater
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - Recent statutory changes now allow the in-state production and sale of aquaculture Florida largemouth bass as a food fish.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - GoOutdoorsFlorida.com is still the only official licensing site and app of the FWC.
- Monday, October 11, 2021 - FWC fisheries biologists certified a new state record butterfly peacock bass weighing 9.11 pounds and measuring 23 5/16 inches long, caught by angler Felipe Prieto from Hialeah.
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - This grant program is focused on recruiting new anglers to ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Thursday, July 15, 2021 - TrophyCatch is a vital program in which FWC biologists receive valuable data from anglers. This information will continue playing a crucial role in management decisions.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021 - The FWC's new Florida Fishing Pier Finder is an interactive map that allows anglers to find publicly-accessed fishing piers, jetties and fishing-specific bridges in freshwater and saltwater locations throughout the state.
- Friday, April 23, 2021 - After an annual season spawning closure in June and July, recreational harvest of Gulf greater amberjack is scheduled to reopen again Aug. 1-Oct. 31.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The University of Florida, with assistance from the FWC, have extended the deadline to take the Freshwater Stocking Angler Survey to April 30.
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - Christian Greico from Tampa caught the $5,000 prize trophy bass during the Lake Apopka Fish Tag Challenge, which began in January and ends May 31.
- Monday, March 22, 2021 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program has awarded the Season 8 Phoenix bass boat to Vance Mccullers from Lutz.