Showing 1 through 10 of 41 articles for tag freshwater
- Wednesday, July 3, 2019 -
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - Biologists transplanted hundreds of native aquatic plants in an effort to help restore this popular shallow-water bass and crappie fishing lake.
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - The shoal bass population in the Chipola River and its tributaries has potentially been affected due to the impacts of Hurricane Michael. Recent sampling efforts have produced significantly lower catches of shoal bass.
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - License-free saltwater fishing weekend is June 1 and 2, and license-free freshwater fishing weekend is June 8 and 9.
- Friday, May 24, 2019 - Beginning May 28, FWC staff will transplant thousands of aquatic plants into the lake to help enhance this popular shallow-water bass and crappie fishing location.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - FWC officials want boaters to be aware that these jumping fish can injure people.
FWC’s High School Fishing Program congratulates St. Cloud High School as winner of Costa Kick Plastic Conservation Project CompetitionFriday, May 10, 2019 - The student angler participants completed 10 conservation projects, including waterway clean-ups, created their own campaign to reduce the use of single-use water bottles on their school campus, and collected used soft plastic baits to melt down and create new baits.
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - A 15 pound, 13 ounce Hall of Fame largemouth bass was caught and released in Orange Lake by Brian Hammett.
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 - The FWC is striving to increase participation in freshwater and saltwater fishing through an effort known as R3 (Recruitment, Retention and Reactivation).
- Friday, April 19, 2019 - The Lake Yale East Boat Ramp will be temporarily closed from April 19 – May 20 to allow for the removal of floating vegetation and mud (tussocks) from three coves within Lake Yale.