Showing 1 through 10 of 49 articles for tag freshwater
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - Students in kindergarten through twelfth grade can compete in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honours, and prizes.
- Monday, October 5, 2020 - Eagle Lake Fish Management Area remains open.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020 - The Eyeball Challenge asked anglers to estimate the weights of bass in three separate challenges, each with a series of photos.
- Wednesday, September 2, 2020 - The FWC encourages anglers to use the app whenever they are fishing to stay up to date on fishing regulations as well as help them identify their catch.
- Monday, August 31, 2020 - FWC biologists certified a new state record flathead catfish weighing 69.9 pounds, measuring 48.5 inches long, with a girth of 38.25 inches, caught by Lavon Nowling from Santa Rosa County.
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 - The Florida Friendly Fishing Guide certification recognizes saltwater and freshwater fishing guides who are committed to preserving the future of Florida’s fisheries through sustainable boating and fishing techniques.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - This 15-pound, 2-ounce bass was recently caught in Polk County by Vance Mccullers.
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020 - In June, the FWC's Division of Freshwater Fisheries Management stocked almost 7,000 largemouth bass fingerlings in Lake Marian to further enhance the species’ population.
- Monday, June 22, 2020 - The eelgrass was planted within fenced enclosures to protect the new plants until they are established. These planted areas will provide valuable habitat for many fish and wildlife species.
- Thursday, June 18, 2020 - FWC is now partnering with Fish Rules App for its saltwater fishing regulations, and a freshwater app is on its way.