Showing 1 through 10 of 43 articles for tag freshwater
- Friday, September 13, 2019 - This grant program is focused on recruiting new anglers, retaining active anglers and reactivating lapsed anglers to ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Thursday, August 8, 2019 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program celebrates its most recent Hall of Fame largemouth bass catch weighing 13 pounds, 5 ounces, caught and released by Chad Dorland during a UF fishing tournament.
- Wednesday, July 3, 2019 -
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 - Biologists transplanted hundreds of native aquatic plants in an effort to help restore this popular shallow-water bass and crappie fishing lake.
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - The shoal bass population in the Chipola River and its tributaries has potentially been affected due to the impacts of Hurricane Michael. Recent sampling efforts have produced significantly lower catches of shoal bass.
- Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - License-free saltwater fishing weekend is June 1 and 2, and license-free freshwater fishing weekend is June 8 and 9.
- Friday, May 24, 2019 - Beginning May 28, FWC staff will transplant thousands of aquatic plants into the lake to help enhance this popular shallow-water bass and crappie fishing location.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - FWC officials want boaters to be aware that these jumping fish can injure people.
FWC’s High School Fishing Program congratulates St. Cloud High School as winner of Costa Kick Plastic Conservation Project CompetitionFriday, May 10, 2019 - The student angler participants completed 10 conservation projects, including waterway clean-ups, created their own campaign to reduce the use of single-use water bottles on their school campus, and collected used soft plastic baits to melt down and create new baits.
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - A 15 pound, 13 ounce Hall of Fame largemouth bass was caught and released in Orange Lake by Brian Hammett.