Showing 1 through 10 of 43 articles for tag freshwater
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - This 15-pound, 2-ounce bass was recently caught in Polk County by Vance Mccullers.
- Wednesday, July 1, 2020 - In June, the FWC's Division of Freshwater Fisheries Management stocked almost 7,000 largemouth bass fingerlings in Lake Marian to further enhance the species’ population.
- Monday, June 22, 2020 - The eelgrass was planted within fenced enclosures to protect the new plants until they are established. These planted areas will provide valuable habitat for many fish and wildlife species.
- Thursday, June 18, 2020 - FWC is now partnering with Fish Rules App for its saltwater fishing regulations, and a freshwater app is on its way.
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020 - The TrophyCatch program rewards anglers who provide documentation of their catch and release of largemouth bass weighing 8 pounds or heavier in Florida.
- Friday, June 5, 2020 - License-free saltwater fishing weekend is June 6 and 7, and license-free freshwater fishing weekend is June 13 and 14.
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 - To properly certify a new Florida state record, an FWC biologist must identify the fish species, and an FWC employee—usually but not necessarily the same individual—must witness its weighing on a certified scale.
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s (FWC) TrophyCatch program, now in Season 8, commemorates its first Hall of Fame bass caught in the new season. Weighing 14 pounds, 2 ounces, it was caught and released in Lake Placid on Jan. 31 by Thomas Hendel, also from Lake Placid.
- Friday, January 10, 2020 - The FWC will be hosting an open house on Tuesday, Jan. 14, from 3-8 p.m. at the Tavares Pavilion on the Lake at 200 S. Disston Ave., Tavares, FL 32778. This free event is open to the public.
- Monday, January 6, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), University of Florida/IFAS and Lake Istokpoga Stakeholder Advisory Committee invite the public to a meeting to discuss the new draft Lake Istokpoga Habitat Management Plan. The meeting will be held from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. on January 14, at the Bert J. Harris Jr. Agricultural Center Auditorium, 4509 George Blvd., Sebring, FL, 33875.