Showing 1 through 10 of 117 articles for tag freshwater
- Friday, September 22, 2023 - Governor Ron DeSantis issued a proclamation dedicating Sept. 23 as National Hunting and Fishing Day for the State of Florida in honor of hunters’ and anglers’ direct contributions to conservation in Florida.
- Monday, September 18, 2023 - Freshwater anglers are encouraged to take note of these important dates for a chance to win awesome prizes and contribute to the conservation of Florida's largemouth bass fisheries
- Wednesday, September 13, 2023 - Students in kindergarten through 12th grade can create an original piece of artwork and compete in this free contest for a chance to win state and national honors and prizes.
- Thursday, August 17, 2023 - Anglers continue to compete for the title of “the best” in the FWC's Battle of the Lakes between Fellsmere Water Management Area (also known as Headwaters and Egan lakes) and Orange Lake in Florida.
- Tuesday, August 1, 2023 - This annual educational program focuses on teaching youth anglers about best fishing practices to help ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
FWC highlights importance of Sport Fish Restoration program in new video with Mud Hole Custom TackleThursday, July 20, 2023 - This compelling video was produced in collaboration with Mud Hole Custom Tackle as part of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Partner with a Payer initiative.
- Monday, July 10, 2023 - Fellsmere Reservoir/Stick Marsh, Orange Lake and Lake Okeechobee have captured the attention of anglers and fishing enthusiasts across the nation, solidifying Florida's reputation as a premier bass fishing destination.
- Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - The FWC School Fishing Club Program congratulates the Chambers High School fishing team as the Grand Prize winners of FWC’s School Fishing Conservation Project Competition.
- Thursday, June 1, 2023 - The FWC invites Florida residents and visitors to go fishing during two license-free weekends: June 3-4 for saltwater and June 10-11 for freshwater.
- Monday, May 22, 2023 - Freshwater fisheries biologists and managers from the FWC successfully released 7,800 hatchery-raised shoal bass fingerlings (young fish) into the Chipola River on May 12.