Showing 1 through 10 of 37 articles for tag freshwater
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 - To properly certify a new Florida state record, an FWC biologist must identify the fish species, and an FWC employee—usually but not necessarily the same individual—must witness its weighing on a certified scale.
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s (FWC) TrophyCatch program, now in Season 8, commemorates its first Hall of Fame bass caught in the new season. Weighing 14 pounds, 2 ounces, it was caught and released in Lake Placid on Jan. 31 by Thomas Hendel, also from Lake Placid.
- Friday, January 10, 2020 - The FWC will be hosting an open house on Tuesday, Jan. 14, from 3-8 p.m. at the Tavares Pavilion on the Lake at 200 S. Disston Ave., Tavares, FL 32778. This free event is open to the public.
- Monday, January 6, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), University of Florida/IFAS and Lake Istokpoga Stakeholder Advisory Committee invite the public to a meeting to discuss the new draft Lake Istokpoga Habitat Management Plan. The meeting will be held from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. on January 14, at the Bert J. Harris Jr. Agricultural Center Auditorium, 4509 George Blvd., Sebring, FL, 33875.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is seeking new ideas for managing aquatic plants without the use of herbicides. At the FWC meeting on Dec. 11, Commissioner Rodney Barreto led a discussion resulting in the agency setting aside $1 million of current funding to test or implement innovative ideas to manage invasive aquatic plants.
- Monday, December 2, 2019 - Anglers who wish to participate — and who want to be included in next year’s boat drawing — can visit TrophyCatch.com to register and learn more.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - For additional information, call the FWC regional office at 386-758-0525.
- Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - Public access to the Lang Lake Fish Management Area, north of White Springs, will be closed Friday, Nov. 22, through Jan. 31, 2020.
- Monday, November 18, 2019 - The ceremony will take place at Bass Pro Shops Gainesville, 2650 Bass Pro Shops Blvd., Gainesville, FL 32608 on Thursday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m.
- Friday, November 15, 2019 - Honk if you love bass fishing! Bartow Ford is investing in Florida bass conservation by partnering with FWC’s TrophyCatch angler recognition program. The company has provided a Ford F-150 to be the “TrophyCatch Truck,” which is being used to promote the program throughout Florida. The F-150 is also the designated tow vehicle for the TrophyCatch boat, donated by partner Phoenix Bass Boats. The colorfully wrapped duo of truck and boat provide a mobile billboard that encourages bass anglers to find out more at TrophyCatch.com.