Showing 1 through 10 of 76 articles for tag freshwater
- Thursday, July 15, 2021 - TrophyCatch is a vital program in which FWC biologists receive valuable data from anglers. This information will continue playing a crucial role in management decisions.
- Wednesday, May 5, 2021 - The FWC's new Florida Fishing Pier Finder is an interactive map that allows anglers to find publicly-accessed fishing piers, jetties and fishing-specific bridges in freshwater and saltwater locations throughout the state.
- Friday, April 23, 2021 - After an annual season spawning closure in June and July, recreational harvest of Gulf greater amberjack is scheduled to reopen again Aug. 1-Oct. 31.
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021 - The University of Florida, with assistance from the FWC, have extended the deadline to take the Freshwater Stocking Angler Survey to April 30.
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021 - Christian Greico from Tampa caught the $5,000 prize trophy bass during the Lake Apopka Fish Tag Challenge, which began in January and ends May 31.
- Monday, March 22, 2021 - The FWC's TrophyCatch program has awarded the Season 8 Phoenix bass boat to Vance Mccullers from Lutz.
- Monday, March 15, 2021 - To help keep people and pets safer when spending time near the water, the Florida FWC is introducing a new graphic outlining important safety tips.
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021 - UF and the FWC are seeking help in a study of freshwater recreational stocking preferences in Florida recreational freshwater fisheries.
- Thursday, March 4, 2021 - . The benefit to the FWC is the efficiency of producing more fish without the added expense of collecting additional broodstock.
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021 - This contest is open to youth in grades kindergarten through twelfth grade from across the globe. The deadline to enter is March 31 – start your entry today!