Showing 1 through 10 of 113 articles for tag freshwater
- Friday, August 12, 2022 - The pier project was made possible by a generous private donation from the Grace and Aloysius Harter Family Trust, managed by Rose Pavey, to the FWC through the Fish & Wildlife Foundation of Florida.
- Wednesday, August 3, 2022 - Earlier this year, the FWC and City of Port St. Lucie staff removed 4 acres of invasive Brazilian peppertree, treated 2 acres of invasive aquatic plants and planted native vegetation throughout the lake.
- Thursday, July 14, 2022 - The regulatory changes remove waterbody-specific length and bag limits to revert to the statewide regulations of no minimum length limit and a 25-fish bag limit.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - At its July meeting, the FWC unanimously approved changing the name of the High School Fishing Program to the School Fishing Club Program.
- Thursday, June 30, 2022 - As TrophyCatch heads into the last months of Season 10 and the 10-Tag Celebration, eight more prized fish are still swimming in Florida lakes and the FWC is offering clues about where to find them.
Second tagged bass caught for TrophyCatch’s 10-Tag Celebration! Eight remain swimming across the stateThursday, June 16, 2022 - The second tagged bass was caught on Newnans Lake on June 11 by RJ Crawford, an angler from High Springs.
- Thursday, June 9, 2022 - The event will take place Saturday, June 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. during the Lowrance “Show Up and Shop” event at Bass Pro Shops Tampa, 10501 Palm River Road, Tampa, FL 33619.
- Friday, June 3, 2022 - This closure is due to lowered water levels to evaluate the condition of the water control structure and fishing access areas and for any necessary repairs to be made.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022 - The FWC invites residents and visitors to go fishing in Florida during two license-free weekends: June 4-5 for saltwater and June 11-12 for freshwater.
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - Attendees should sign up by June 7 via email at Crappie@MyFWC.com and include which meeting they wish to attend, their name and email address.