Showing 1 through 10 of 85 articles for tag freshwater
- Tuesday, November 23, 2021 - The five drawing finalists were randomly selected from 36,237 TrophyCatch program registrants and club winners and were announced on the TrophyCatch Facebook Page.
- Wednesday, November 3, 2021 - The FWC will host a public meeting to gather feedback on Wednesday, Nov. 10, 6-8 p.m. at the Kissimmee Civic Center, 201 E Dakin Ave, Kissimmee, FL 34741.
- Friday, October 29, 2021 - Public access to the Lang Lake Fish Management Area, north of White Springs, will be closed Nov. 1, 2021, through Jan. 31, 2022.
- Thursday, October 21, 2021 - The FWC recently stocked 1,400 channel catfish in the Okeechobee County Agri-Civic Center and Okeechobee County Sheriff’s Office gun range ponds.
Virtual meeting Oct. 28 gathers input on proposed largemouth bass regulation changes for several areasMonday, October 18, 2021 - The areas where the changes have been proposed are Fellsmere Water Management Area (commonly known as Headwaters and Egan Lakes), Victor Lake FMA, Suwannee Lake FMA, and Shop Lake at Tenoroc FMA.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - Recent statutory changes now allow the in-state production and sale of aquaculture Florida largemouth bass as a food fish.
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 - GoOutdoorsFlorida.com is still the only official licensing site and app of the FWC.
- Monday, October 11, 2021 - FWC fisheries biologists certified a new state record butterfly peacock bass weighing 9.11 pounds and measuring 23 5/16 inches long, caught by angler Felipe Prieto from Hialeah.
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021 - This grant program is focused on recruiting new anglers to ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Thursday, July 15, 2021 - TrophyCatch is a vital program in which FWC biologists receive valuable data from anglers. This information will continue playing a crucial role in management decisions.