Showing 1 through 10 of 16 articles for tag conservation
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022 - On June 1, the 501st grasshopper sparrow completed its journey from White Oak Conservation with 12 friends, flew out of its enclosure and joined its fellow birds in the wild of the central Florida prairie.
- Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - While we flock to the beach or cruise through our state’s waterways, we can all do our part to be respectful of wildlife.
- Wednesday, June 2, 2021 - Included in the Governor’s Florida Leads Budget is critical funding to continue red tide research as a part of the more than $625 million for Everglades restoration and protection of Florida’s water resources.
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 - The budget will continue to support high priority conservation items, such as red tide research and invasive species management.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - This online resource is intended to help landowners, permit applicants and environmental consultants make wildlife-friendly decisions during development planning and identify opportunities for conservation of Florida’s unique biodiversity.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 - Participants in the Florida Python Challenge™ 2020 Python Bowl removed 80 invasive Burmese pythons from the Everglades while simultaneously helping to raise awareness about this important conservation issue. Today the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and the South Florida Water Management District announced the results and winners of the Python Removal Competition at the 2020 Python Bowl award ceremony at the Super Bowl Live event in Miami.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Register now to participate in the FWC's Feb. 7-9, 2020, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop near West Palm Beach.
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 - Florida’s Zone C general gun deer season begins Saturday, Nov. 2, providing hunters the opportunity to get back to nature. And if knowledge, skill and luck come together for a successful hunt, there’s also healthy and delicious wild game to share and enjoy.
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - It’s sea turtle nesting season in Florida, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is sharing guidelines on how you can make a difference for these endangered marine reptiles.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - At its July meeting in Stuart, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) presented Ken and Kay Corbin of Trenton with the Landowner of the Year award for the couple’s generous support of the FWC’s Youth Hunting Program of Florida.