Showing 1 through 10 of 16 articles for tag conservation
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - It’s sea turtle nesting season in Florida, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is sharing guidelines on how you can make a difference for these endangered marine reptiles
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 - Florida Bay is a unique, shallow estuary heavily influenced by water flow from the Everglades. It is an integral part of the south Florida ecosystem that serves as a nursery habitat for economically important species and provides boating, fishing and wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), is unveiling its new 2019 manatee and sea turtle decals. These high-quality stickers, featuring beautiful original artwork, are a fun way for people to support the research, rescue and management efforts that conserve these species and spread the word about the challenges they face.
- Monday, July 8, 2019 - Today, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) launched a campaign to educate the public and conserve Florida’s coral reefs. Anyone can join the Florida Coral Crew to help support healthy, beautiful ecosystems and restore corals affected by disease.
- Friday, July 5, 2019 -
- Tuesday, July 2, 2019 -
- Friday, June 21, 2019 -
- Friday, April 12, 2019 - The meeting will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on April 18, at the Bert J. Harris Jr. Agricultural Center Auditorium, 4509 George Blvd., Sebring, FL, 33875.
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019 - The guests of honor were many of the volunteers, visionaries and agencies that have made this program a success, both past and present.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - Disturbance can cause birds to abandon their nesting sites, exposing eggs and chicks to predators, sun exposure and other harm.