Showing 11 through 16 of 16 articles for tag conservation
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has increased patrols in strategic areas of the state to enhance manatee conservation and public safety.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), is unveiling its new 2019 manatee and sea turtle decals. These high-quality stickers, featuring beautiful original artwork, are a fun way for people to support the research, rescue and management efforts that conserve these species and spread the word about the challenges they face.
- Friday, June 21, 2019 - Today, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) Executive Director Eric Sutton applauded Governor Ron DeSantis for approving the budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. The budget will fund high priority conservation items like red tide research and coral reef disease response and restoration.
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 - The species diversity of Tallahassee and Leon County has now been displayed on the world stage. In the 2019 City Nature Challenge, Tallahassee and Leon County placed first in number of observations and number of species for our population category, fifth in number of species per capita and fourth in number of observers per capita, an impressive result for our first year!
- Thursday, April 18, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and partners invite Tallahassee and Leon County residents to participate in the upcoming City Nature Challenge, which will take place from Friday, April 26 through Monday, April 29.
- Thursday, February 28, 2019 - Disturbance can cause birds to abandon their nesting sites, exposing eggs and chicks to predators, sun exposure and other harm.