Marine Fisheries Management
The Division of Marine Fisheries Management develops regulatory and management recommendations for consideration by FWC Commissioners designed to ensure the long-term conservation of Florida's valuable marine fisheries resources.
Division staff serve as a liaison to a number of federal agencies on marine issues and represent the state on the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council and South Atlantic Fishery Management Council.
Division activities include:
- Recreational and commercial marine fisheries outreach and education programs.
- Facilitating artificial reef development and deployment.
- Preparation of fishery strategic plans.
- Issuance of special activities licenses.
- Conducting wholesale fish dealer audits.
- Assisting trap-retrieval efforts.
The division director is Jessica McCawley.