Showing 1 through 10 of 12 articles for tag lionfish
- Thursday, May 18, 2023 - The Lionfish Challenge is a free summer-long lionfish tournament open to recreational and commercial competitors of all ages around the state of Florida.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - This outdoor event is free, open to the public and will feature family-friendly activities, art, diving and marine conservation booths, live music, fillet demonstrations, and the world’s largest lionfish tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Friday, September 16, 2022 - This year’s tournament boasted a total of 707 registered participants, the most in the program’s history.
- Thursday, May 19, 2022 - The 2022 Lionfish Challenge tournament kicks off May 20 and ends Sept. 6.
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - Activities will include fillet demonstrations; family-friendly games and activities; art, diving and conservation booths; and the world’s largest lionfish spearfishing tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021 - A total of 21,146 lionfish were removed during the 3.5-month program.
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - The Lionfish Challenge rewards lionfish harvesters with prizes for their lionfish removals. The participant who harvests the most lionfish will be crowned the Recreational Lionfish King/Queen and the Commercial Champion.
- Monday, May 3, 2021 - Join us in celebrating the 7th annual Lionfish Removal and Awareness Festival May 15-16 (10 a.m.-5 p.m. CT) at AJ’s Seafood and Oyster Bar and HarborWalk Village in Destin.
- Thursday, January 7, 2021 - Activities will include fillet demonstrations; family-friendly games and activities; art, diving and conservation booths; and the world’s largest lionfish spearfishing tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 - Donald C. Vautrinot was spearfishing for red snapper off Destin when he snagged a Gulf record 18.19 inch lionfish.