Showing 1 through 9 of 9 articles for tag lionfish
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021 - A total of 21,146 lionfish were removed during the 3.5-month program.
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - The Lionfish Challenge rewards lionfish harvesters with prizes for their lionfish removals. The participant who harvests the most lionfish will be crowned the Recreational Lionfish King/Queen and the Commercial Champion.
- Monday, May 3, 2021 - Join us in celebrating the 7th annual Lionfish Removal and Awareness Festival May 15-16 (10 a.m.-5 p.m. CT) at AJ’s Seafood and Oyster Bar and HarborWalk Village in Destin.
- Thursday, January 7, 2021 - Activities will include fillet demonstrations; family-friendly games and activities; art, diving and conservation booths; and the world’s largest lionfish spearfishing tournament, the Emerald Coast Open.
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 - Donald C. Vautrinot was spearfishing for red snapper off Destin when he snagged a Gulf record 18.19 inch lionfish.
- Friday, September 11, 2020 - The more lionfish removals, the more prizes you win.
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 - The Lionfish Challenge has been extended. Participants will now have until Nov. 1 to submit their lionfish.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is excited to announce the 6th annual Lionfish Removal and Awareness Festival May 16 and 17 at AJ’s Seafood and Oyster Bar and HarborWalk Village in Destin. Come out and celebrate the fight against invasive lionfish with the FWC and Destin – Fort Walton Beach.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - At its December meeting in Panama City Beach, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) presented trophies to the first-place winners of the 2019 Lionfish Challenge. The Lionfish Challenge awards participants for their efforts in removing lionfish from Florida waters. Participants who remove the most lionfish are crowned the Recreational Lionfish King or Queen and the Commercial Champion.