Showing 1 through 7 of 7 articles for tag lionfish
- Thursday, November 5, 2020 - Donald C. Vautrinot was spearfishing for red snapper off Destin when he snagged a Gulf record 18.19 inch lionfish.
- Friday, September 11, 2020 - The more lionfish removals, the more prizes you win.
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 - The Lionfish Challenge has been extended. Participants will now have until Nov. 1 to submit their lionfish.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is excited to announce the 6th annual Lionfish Removal and Awareness Festival May 16 and 17 at AJ’s Seafood and Oyster Bar and HarborWalk Village in Destin. Come out and celebrate the fight against invasive lionfish with the FWC and Destin – Fort Walton Beach.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - At its December meeting in Panama City Beach, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) presented trophies to the first-place winners of the 2019 Lionfish Challenge. The Lionfish Challenge awards participants for their efforts in removing lionfish from Florida waters. Participants who remove the most lionfish are crowned the Recreational Lionfish King or Queen and the Commercial Champion.
- Wednesday, August 8, 2018 - The Lionfish Challenge has less than a month to go (last day to submit is Labor Day, Sept. 3), but there is still plenty of time to earn prizes or find an FWC-tagged lionfish, worth up to $5,000. To learn more about where our tagged lionfish can be found, keep reading.
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is seeking abstracts for the upcoming 2018 Lionfish Summit, Oct. 2-4, in Cocoa Beach. The deadline for abstract submissions is Aug. 3.