Showing 1 through 10 of 44 articles for tag safety
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - This infectious disease of the brain and central nervous system is always fatal for members of the deer family and there’s no known cure or effective vaccine.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - The recreational bag limit for king mackerel has been increased to four fish per person per day through March 16, 2021, in all Atlantic state and federal waters from Miami-Dade through Nassau counties.
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 - There's no excuse not to wear a lifejacket on the water!
- Friday, June 19, 2020 - Zone 8 was activated today on the Santa Fe River, according to FWC officials.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020 - Tips you can share with a new hunter or target shooter or review yourself before heading afield or to the range.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - National Boating Safety Week is May 16-22 and we want to spread the word about boating safety to those enjoying Florida’s year-round boating season.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 - There are now no active zones on the Santa Fe or Suwannee, according to FWC officials.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Zone 8 begins at an unnamed island approximately 4.25 miles upstream from the confluence of the Santa Fe and Ichetucknee rivers (coordinates: 29° 54.527’ N, 82° 46.074’ W) and ends at the confluence of the Suwannee and Santa Fe rivers.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 - During this time of year, manatees leave their winter refuges and are more likely to be found in rivers, canals and nearshore waters.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is offering free hunter safety internet-completion courses in seven counties during April. Hunter safety courses are designed to help students become safe, responsible and knowledgeable hunters and learn about conservation.