Showing 1 through 10 of 83 articles for tag safety
- Friday, September 23, 2022 - The FWC has gathered informational resources to help boaters prepare for storms and be better able to deal with the aftermath.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 - Students who have completed an FWC approved online hunter safety course must register for and attend an FWC Field Day to receive their hunter safety certification.
- Monday, September 12, 2022 - With autumn approaching, the FWC reminds residents and visitors that our state’s black bears are more active in search for food.
- Friday, September 9, 2022 - A 29-foot Robalo boat with 14 occupants aboard struck a channel marker while travelling in the intracoastal waterway. All 14 occupants, which included 12 juveniles and two adults, were ejected from the vessel.
- Thursday, July 21, 2022 - The Independence Day weekend is one of the busiest boating holidays of the year and FWC officers, with the partnership of many other law enforcement agencies, were on the lookout for impaired boaters throughout the “Boating and Fishing Capital of the World.”
FWC’s Operation Dry Water promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekendFriday, July 1, 2022 - FWC officers will be enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws and educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober.
- Saturday, May 21, 2022 - Safe Boating Week in Florida is an opportunity to bring awareness to life-saving tips and promote safe boating so Floridians and visitors can safely experience the beauty of our waterways in the Boating Capital of the World.
- Friday, May 20, 2022 - Among other boating safety tips found at MyFWC.com/Boating, boaters are encouraged to wear their life jackets, maintain 360-degree awareness and know the dangers (and penalties) for operating a vessel while impaired.
FWC and partner agencies remind vessel operators about boating safety leading up to Memorial Day weekendThursday, May 19, 2022 - Boaters are urged to boat safely by taking a few minutes to make sure they have the necessary safety equipment on their vessels before leaving the boat ramp and to take extra safety precautions while out on the water.
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - This state-of-the-art, wheelchair accessible facility features rifle and handgun ranges and automated sporting clays, 5-stand, skeet, and American and Olympic trap fields.