Showing 1 through 10 of 46 articles for tag safety
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - As the population of this recovering species increases, so do the number of calls received by the FWC from people who are concerned by their presence.
- Monday, March 15, 2021 - To help keep people and pets safer when spending time near the water, the Florida FWC is introducing a new graphic outlining important safety tips.
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - In 2020, Florida boating accident statistics indicated that, when the level of operator education was known, 72% of boating deaths occurred on boats where the boat operator had never received boating education instruction.
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 - To help avoid conflicts with coyotes and other predators, take proactive measures by removing food sources including unsecured trash and pet food, and securing pets and small livestock as they can become prey to coyotes.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - This infectious disease of the brain and central nervous system is always fatal for members of the deer family and there’s no known cure or effective vaccine.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - The recreational bag limit for king mackerel has been increased to four fish per person per day through March 16, 2021, in all Atlantic state and federal waters from Miami-Dade through Nassau counties.
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 - There's no excuse not to wear a lifejacket on the water!
- Friday, June 19, 2020 - Zone 8 was activated today on the Santa Fe River, according to FWC officials.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020 - Tips you can share with a new hunter or target shooter or review yourself before heading afield or to the range.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - National Boating Safety Week is May 16-22 and we want to spread the word about boating safety to those enjoying Florida’s year-round boating season.