Showing 1 through 10 of 51 articles for tag safety
- Monday, July 12, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Monday, May 24, 2021 - We are grateful for his recognition of this important week urging Floridians and visitors to boat safely while enjoying Florida’s beautiful waterways.
- Friday, May 21, 2021 - This targeted enforcement was in response to a tragic incident that occurred on May 17, 2020 on the Alafia River involving a boat towing a tube, and a personal watercraft being operated by Joseph Miltner, age 40, who fatally struck 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - If you plan to enjoy our beautiful waterways, check out MyFWC.com/Boating for boating safety tips.
- Friday, May 7, 2021 - Florida had 836 boating accidents in 2020, which is 113 more accidents than in 2019, a 16% increase.
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021 - As the population of this recovering species increases, so do the number of calls received by the FWC from people who are concerned by their presence.
- Monday, March 15, 2021 - To help keep people and pets safer when spending time near the water, the Florida FWC is introducing a new graphic outlining important safety tips.
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - In 2020, Florida boating accident statistics indicated that, when the level of operator education was known, 72% of boating deaths occurred on boats where the boat operator had never received boating education instruction.
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 - To help avoid conflicts with coyotes and other predators, take proactive measures by removing food sources including unsecured trash and pet food, and securing pets and small livestock as they can become prey to coyotes.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - This infectious disease of the brain and central nervous system is always fatal for members of the deer family and there’s no known cure or effective vaccine.