Showing 1 through 10 of 101 articles for tag safety
- Friday, September 15, 2023 - On Sept. 8, the FWC issued a new executive order outlining regulations designed to increase sampling and slow the spread of CWD in Florida deer.
- Thursday, September 14, 2023 - Following BearWise® practices can help prevent negative interactions with bears and other wildlife, including securing garbage and removing food attractants.
FWC, FDACS and partner agencies to conduct two additional public meetings to discuss new regulations to slow the spread of chronic wasting disease in north FloridaWednesday, September 13, 2023 - The meetings will provide information about chronic wasting disease, updates on the unified agency and partner response, new hunting regulations for the area, sampling and testing procedures, and an opportunity for area residents to ask questions about CWD and CWD management strategies.
- Friday, September 8, 2023 - Between Sept. 2-4, FWC officers removed nearly 20 unsafe and impaired vessel operators from the waterways of Florida for boating under the influence, cited over 380 and provided education and warnings to over 2,800 boaters for safety violations.
FWC reminds vessel owners to secure their boats and have a plan in place for impending severe weatherMonday, August 28, 2023 - Taking time to prepare well in advance of an impending storm reduces risk to life and property.
- Monday, August 14, 2023 - On Sept. 4, 2022, a 29-foot Robalo boat with 14 occupants aboard, all from Miami, struck a channel marker while traveling in the intracoastal waterway, bayside of Broad Creek at the south end of Cutter Bank in Miami-Dade County
- Thursday, August 10, 2023 - Hunter safety courses are designed to help students become safe, responsible and knowledgeable hunters and learn about conservation.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - The award recognizes a volunteer who significantly advances the cause of safe hunting through extraordinary service in training and education.
- Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - The meeting provided information about CWD and an opportunity for area residents to ask questions about CWD and CWD management strategies.
- Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - From July 1-3, FWC officers arrested 94 vessel operators for boating under the influence of alcohol or drugs, preventing the possibility of life-altering events from occurring.