Showing 11 through 20 of 86 articles for tag safety
- Friday, May 20, 2022 - Among other boating safety tips found at MyFWC.com/Boating, boaters are encouraged to wear their life jackets, maintain 360-degree awareness and know the dangers (and penalties) for operating a vessel while impaired.
FWC and partner agencies remind vessel operators about boating safety leading up to Memorial Day weekendThursday, May 19, 2022 - Boaters are urged to boat safely by taking a few minutes to make sure they have the necessary safety equipment on their vessels before leaving the boat ramp and to take extra safety precautions while out on the water.
- Friday, April 1, 2022 - This state-of-the-art, wheelchair accessible facility features rifle and handgun ranges and automated sporting clays, 5-stand, skeet, and American and Olympic trap fields.
- Thursday, March 31, 2022 - You can help prevent potential negative interactions with bears and other wildlife by removing food attractants and following other BearWise® practices.
FWC and partners conduct detail to help reduce boating under the influence in Tampa Bay area waterwaysThursday, March 31, 2022 - Southwest Region FWC officers, in partnership with the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, United States Coast Guard and Treasure Island Police Department, will be conducting enhanced patrols aimed at vessel operators boating under the influence.
- Friday, March 25, 2022 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Wednesday, March 23, 2022 - From April 1 through Nov. 15, seasonal manatee zones require boaters to slow down in certain areas to prevent manatees from being injured or killed by motorboats or personal watercrafts.
- Friday, March 18, 2022 - With more people calling Florida home and more vessels on the water, it’s important that residents and visitors practice safe boating.
- Friday, March 18, 2022 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022 - FWC recomienda tomar precauciones dentro y alrededor del agua y ha aumentado sus mensajes de seguridad para incluir un video e infografía en español.