Showing 1 through 10 of 42 articles for tag safety
- Thursday, August 20, 2020 - There's no excuse not to wear a lifejacket on the water!
- Friday, June 19, 2020 - Zone 8 was activated today on the Santa Fe River, according to FWC officials.
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020 - Tips you can share with a new hunter or target shooter or review yourself before heading afield or to the range.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - National Boating Safety Week is May 16-22 and we want to spread the word about boating safety to those enjoying Florida’s year-round boating season.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 - There are now no active zones on the Santa Fe or Suwannee, according to FWC officials.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Zone 8 begins at an unnamed island approximately 4.25 miles upstream from the confluence of the Santa Fe and Ichetucknee rivers (coordinates: 29° 54.527’ N, 82° 46.074’ W) and ends at the confluence of the Suwannee and Santa Fe rivers.
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 - During this time of year, manatees leave their winter refuges and are more likely to be found in rivers, canals and nearshore waters.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is offering free hunter safety internet-completion courses in seven counties during April. Hunter safety courses are designed to help students become safe, responsible and knowledgeable hunters and learn about conservation.
- Monday, March 2, 2020 - This increased level of wildlife activity means people are more likely to encounter wildlife and should take precautions to avoid disrupting these natural behaviors and prevent conflicts with wildlife.
- Friday, February 28, 2020 - Meeting attendees will be invited to comment on a draft rule amendment, which if passed would prohibit importing or possessing whole and parts of carcasses of all members of the deer family originating from outside of Florida, except for de-boned meat; finished taxidermy mounts; antlers; and hides, skulls, skull caps, and teeth if all soft tissue has been removed.