Showing 1 through 10 of 178 articles for tag regulations
- Monday, June 13, 2022 - The recreational red snapper season will start June 17 in Gulf state and federal waters off Florida and remain open through July 31 with 12 days in the fall.
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022 - The FWC invites residents and visitors to go fishing in Florida during two license-free weekends: June 4-5 for saltwater and June 11-12 for freshwater.
- Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - Attendees should sign up by June 7 via email at Crappie@MyFWC.com and include which meeting they wish to attend, their name and email address.
- Tuesday, May 24, 2022 - The FWC is holding a series of public workshops to gather public input on proposed rules for redfish that include nine new management regions and modified recreational bag, vessel, and off-the-water transport limits.
- Friday, May 20, 2022 - The recreational harvest of snook in Atlantic state and federal waters has a regular season closure that starts June 1.
- Friday, May 13, 2022 - The catch-and-release measures for snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in all waters from Sarasota Bay through Gordon Pass in Collier County were put in place as part of the response to the prolonged 2017-2019 red tide event.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - The 2022 recreational season for blueline tilefish will be open May 1 - July 25 in state waters, closing July 26.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - These changes are consistent with pending regulations in Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic federal waters.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - Staff plans to continue to gather input on the proposed rules and will return to the Commission for a Final Rule Hearing later this year.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - Commissioners approved increasing hunting hours for the statewide alligator hunt and adding precharged pneumatic airbows to the legal methods of taking an alligator.