Showing 1 through 10 of 107 articles for tag regulations
- Monday, April 26, 2021 - Working with a variety of partners, the FWC is holding Tag Your Reptile Day events throughout the state to offer pet owners an opportunity to have their pet green iguanas or tegus microchipped for free.
- Friday, April 23, 2021 - Governor Ron DeSantis announced the popular 2021 Gulf red snapper recreational season is set to open June 4 and run through July 28, with a possible fall reopening if quota is available.
- Friday, April 23, 2021 - The following species will reopen to recreational harvest May 1 in Florida state and federal waters of the Atlantic: hogfish; blueline tilefish; gag, black, red, yellowmouth and yellowfin grouper; scamp; red hind; rock hind; coney; and graysby.
- Friday, April 23, 2021 - After an annual season spawning closure in June and July, recreational harvest of Gulf greater amberjack is scheduled to reopen again Aug. 1-Oct. 31.
- Friday, April 23, 2021 - This annual season closure date was modified last year as part of a suite of changes that were made in response to a long-term decline in harvest and because the stone crab fishery is likely undergoing overfishing.
- Monday, March 29, 2021 - The FWC will be holding three virtual workshops to gather public input about the short-term management of snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in southwest Florida.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 - The spiny lobster recreational and commercial seasons close to harvest in state and federal waters starting April 1 and will reopen Aug. 6.
New protections for multi-species fish spawning aggregations near Western Dry Rocks effective April 1Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - This includes the prohibition of all fishing from April through July in a 1-square-mile area near Western Dry Rocks.
- Monday, March 22, 2021 - State waters off the coast of Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson and Taylor counties will open to recreational harvest of gag grouper starting April 1. This regional season will remain open through June 30.
You’re invited to a black crappie regulations review virtual public meeting for the North Central RegionMonday, March 1, 2021 - The objective of the conversation will be to gather stakeholder input on current black crappie regulations and will focus on statewide opinions as well as resource specific regulations.