Showing 1 through 10 of 173 articles for tag regulations
- Friday, May 13, 2022 - The catch-and-release measures for snook, redfish and spotted seatrout in all waters from Sarasota Bay through Gordon Pass in Collier County were put in place as part of the response to the prolonged 2017-2019 red tide event.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - The 2022 recreational season for blueline tilefish will be open May 1 - July 25 in state waters, closing July 26.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - These changes are consistent with pending regulations in Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic federal waters.
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022 - Staff plans to continue to gather input on the proposed rules and will return to the Commission for a Final Rule Hearing later this year.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - The rules include catch and release of all largemouth bass in the Fellsmere WMA and the required use of circle hooks when fishing with natural bait greater than three inches in length.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - Commissioners unanimously approved staff moving forward with proposed regulations changes to size and/or bag limits for black crappie on specific Florida waterbodies.
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - Commissioners approved increasing hunting hours for the statewide alligator hunt and adding precharged pneumatic airbows to the legal methods of taking an alligator.
- Friday, April 29, 2022 - These new regulations are a proactive conservation measure intended to help address stakeholder concerns regarding declines in the dolphinfish fishery.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - Stone crab traps must be removed from the water within five days after the close of the stone crab season.
- Monday, April 25, 2022 - More information about bag and size limits, gear restrictions and fishing seasons for these species is available online at MyFWC.com/Marine.