Showing 21 through 30 of 254 articles for tag regulations
FWC issues executive order to close recreational harvest of red grouper in Gulf state waters from July 21 through Dec. 31, 2023Thursday, July 20, 2023 - The 2023 recreational season for red grouper in Gulf state waters will close on July 21 and remain closed through the end of the year, consistent with the closure in Gulf federal waters.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - Blue crab traps may not be in state waters (shore to 3 nautical miles, including intracoastal waterways) waters of Wakulla through Hernando counties including all waters of the Ochlockonee River and Bay from July 20-29.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - At its July meeting, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) approved a rule to modify fishing regulations at Skyway Fishing Pier State Park.
- Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - The Springs Protection Zone will restrict beaching, mooring, anchoring and grounding of vessels on the spring run of the Weeki Wachee River extending from the spring boil within Weeki Wachee State Park to the Rogers Park Boat Ramp.
- Friday, July 14, 2023 - Florida requires a descending device and/or venting tool be rigged and ready for use when fishing for reef fish from a vessel in state waters (within 3 nautical miles on the Atlantic and 9 nautical miles on the Gulf).
- Friday, July 14, 2023 - The blue crab trap closure included state waters from shore to 3 nautical miles, including intracoastal waterways, of Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Sarasota, Manatee, Hillsborough, Pinellas and Pasco counties.
- Wednesday, July 5, 2023 - The FWC has filed an Executive Order to exclude all waters of Collier, Lee, Charlotte and DeSoto counties from the July 10-19 blue crab trap closure in south Florida.
- Friday, June 30, 2023 - Will remain closed through April 30, 2024.
- Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - The 2023 recreational bay scallop season for Franklin, Wakulla, Jefferson, a portion of northwest Taylor, Levy, Citrus and Hernando counties opens July 1 and will remain open through Sept. 24.
- Monday, June 12, 2023 - This zone will remain open through Labor Day (Sept. 4) and includes all state waters in Dixie County, a portion of Taylor County, the towns of Keaton Beach and Steinhatchee and a small portion of Levy County.