Showing 11 through 20 of 201 articles for tag regulations
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 - The FWC has waived the blue crab trap closure previously scheduled for Aug. 20-29, for all waters from Nassau through Volusia counties. Recreational and commercial blue crab traps may remain in the water during this period.
- Friday, August 12, 2022 - Recreational and commercial blue crab traps may be placed back in all waters of Brevard through Palm Beach counties starting Aug. 14.
- Wednesday, August 3, 2022 - Recreational and commercial blue crab traps must be removed from certain state waters on the east coast of Florida prior to Aug. 10, the first day of two 10-day trap closures occurring this month.
- Tuesday, August 2, 2022 - Learn more about bag limits, size limits, where to harvest, and other regulations at MyFWC.com/Marine by clicking on “Recreational Regulations” and “Lobster,” which is under the “Crabs, Lobster and other Shellfish” tab.
- Thursday, July 28, 2022 - The season closes Aug. 1, reopening for five fall weekends beginning Oct. 8.
- Thursday, July 28, 2022 - FWC issued an executive order to modify the 2022-23 recreational season, previously open on Aug. 1, for greater amberjack in state waters of the Gulf of Mexico during its July Commission meeting.
- Friday, July 22, 2022 - The 2022 spiny lobster season opens with the two-day recreational mini-season on July 27 and 28, followed by the regular commercial and recreational lobster season, which starts Aug. 6 and runs through March 31, 2023.
- Thursday, July 14, 2022 - The regulatory changes remove waterbody-specific length and bag limits to revert to the statewide regulations of no minimum length limit and a 25-fish bag limit.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - The recreational season for gag grouper in Gulf state waters will be open Sept. 1 – Nov. 10.
FWC issues executive order to modify 2022-23 recreational season for greater amberjack in Gulf state watersWednesday, July 13, 2022 - The 2022 recreational season for greater amberjack in Gulf state waters will be open Sept. 1 - Oct. 31.