Showing 1 through 7 of 7 articles for tag habitat
- Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - The FWC honored Ben and Louann Williams, owners of the Wetland Preserve LLC in Putnam County, who have been recognized as the 2019 Florida Land Steward Landowner of the Year.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019 - The workshop, sponsored by the FWC, the Florida Chapter of the Wildlife Society and the University of Florida/IFAS, will be held Feb. 26-28 at the North Florida Research and Education Center, 155 Research Road, in Quincy, FL 32351.
- Thursday, November 15, 2018 - Your backyard can be a gathering place for birds, butterflies, frogs, flying squirrels and more. Attract native species by offering food, water, cover and space for them to raise their young, and your yard will be transformed into a welcoming habitat for wildlife.
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018 - Kathleen Smith, a biologist with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), has been honored with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Resource Manager of the Year award for her work at the Corkscrew Regional Ecosystem Watershed Wildlife and Environmental Area in southwest Florida over the past six years.
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - The FWC is celebrating its volunteers who help conserve fish, wildlife and habitats, and help improve public access and skills related to outdoor experiences such as hunting, fishing, boating and wildlife viewing.
- Monday, February 27, 2017 - Scientists and collaborators from agencies across Florida, including researchers with the Seagrass Integrated Mapping and Monitoring Program of the FWC’s Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, published new information this month on seagrass health and status.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - The plan outlines the steps to conserve 57 species along with the broader vision of restoring habitats essential to the long-term survival of multiple fish and wildlife species.