Showing 1 through 10 of 23 articles for tag habitat
- Monday, October 12, 2020 - The FWC recently recognized the outstanding wildlife habitat management efforts of Marc Dunbar as part of the agency’s Wildlife Habitat Recognition Program.
- Monday, October 12, 2020 - On Saturday, Oct. 17, beginning at 9 a.m. ET, tune in to the FWRI Facebook page for exclusive interviews with FWC scientists, behind the scenes footage of fieldwork and visits in the laboratories at the Research Institute.
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020 - In 2016, the FWC and St. Johns River Water Management District undertook a major restoration effort, intended to enhance aquatic habitat and bring back the natural flow of the marsh by reconnecting it to Lake Griffin.
- Thursday, September 24, 2020 - The FWC partnered with Polk County Parks and Natural Resources on a habitat restoration project designed to establish Illinois pondweed, a type of native submerged aquatic vegetation commonly referred to as “peppergrass,” in Lake Walk-In-Water.
- Thursday, July 9, 2020 - The FWC’s lake management plans focus on the management of a system’s fish, wildlife and habitat.
- Monday, June 29, 2020 - A 10-year plan for the Caravelle Ranch WMA will be presented at a public hearing virtually via Abode Connect, an online communications tool, on Wednesday, July 8 at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020 - Two habitat enhancement projects, Illinois pondweed transplanting and Old World climbing fern biocontrol, are a direct result of the plan’s goals.
- Monday, June 22, 2020 - The eelgrass was planted within fenced enclosures to protect the new plants until they are established. These planted areas will provide valuable habitat for many fish and wildlife species.
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 -
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - The meeting will be held on Thursday, Feb. 6, from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Osceola Council on Aging, 700 Generation Point, Kissimmee, FL, 34744.