Showing 1 through 10 of 81 articles for tag habitat
- Monday, September 11, 2023 - The FWC will present draft materials for the Lake Wales Ridge WEA 10-year Management Plan at a public hearing at 7 p.m. on Oct. 11 at the H.L. Bishop Park Clubhouse in Lake Placid.
- Wednesday, September 6, 2023 - The FWC is conducting aerial aquatic plant management on Lake Seminole throughout the week of Sept. 5, weather permitting.
- Thursday, August 17, 2023 - The FWC recently recognized the outstanding wildlife habitat management efforts of private landowner Jake English of Pasco County.
- Wednesday, August 9, 2023 - A drawdown was conducted starting in February that lowered the water level by approximately 4 feet to stimulate submersed plant growth and re-establish native emergent vegetation, all to improve habitat for fish and wildlife.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023 - The FWC recently completed a large-scale aquatic habitat restoration effort on Lake Kissimmee, planting nearly 325,000 native aquatic plants to promote expansion of healthy fish and wildlife habitat.
- Wednesday, June 7, 2023 - Public comments are being accepted through June 30. Comments can be submitted to BoatingPublicComments@MyFWC.com and via mail.
- Friday, May 12, 2023 - The public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. in the City Council Meeting Room, at 224 S Jefferson St., in Perry.
- Thursday, May 4, 2023 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in the Sumter County Lake in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and could impact access to navigation
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in the Citrus, Levy and Marion counties lake in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and may negatively impact navigation and flood protection.
- Friday, April 21, 2023 - Staff will install fenced enclosures to protect native submersed and emergent plant species from plant-eating wildlife until the plants are established.