Showing 1 through 7 of 7 articles for tag bear
- Monday, September 9, 2019 - In the fall, Florida black bears begin preparing for the winter by consuming extra calories to pack on fat. During this time, they will eat anything that’s convenient and feeding on garbage provides more calories and less effort than foraging in the woods.
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - During the investigation, FWC officers gathered evidence of numerous illegal acts in several Florida counties on both private and public lands. Prosecution of this case is being coordinated by the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution.
- Monday, October 8, 2018 -
- Wednesday, September 12, 2018 -
- Thursday, August 9, 2018 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will be providing up to $500,000 in BearWise funding to local governments to help reduce human-bear conflicts. The funding helps offset some of the costs for residents and businesses to acquire bear-resistant trash cans and dumpsters.
- Monday, April 30, 2018 - The FWC is working to trap a bear in the Longwood area, and encourages everyone to use caution in the community.
- Monday, March 19, 2018 -