Showing 1 through 10 of 19 articles for tag conservation
- Thursday, January 28, 2021 - The budget will continue to support high priority conservation items, such as red tide research and invasive species management.
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - This online resource is intended to help landowners, permit applicants and environmental consultants make wildlife-friendly decisions during development planning and identify opportunities for conservation of Florida’s unique biodiversity.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 - Participants in the Florida Python Challenge™ 2020 Python Bowl removed 80 invasive Burmese pythons from the Everglades while simultaneously helping to raise awareness about this important conservation issue. Today the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and the South Florida Water Management District announced the results and winners of the Python Removal Competition at the 2020 Python Bowl award ceremony at the Super Bowl Live event in Miami.
- Friday, November 1, 2019 - Register now to participate in the FWC's Feb. 7-9, 2020, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop near West Palm Beach.
- Thursday, October 31, 2019 - Florida’s Zone C general gun deer season begins Saturday, Nov. 2, providing hunters the opportunity to get back to nature. And if knowledge, skill and luck come together for a successful hunt, there’s also healthy and delicious wild game to share and enjoy.
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - It’s sea turtle nesting season in Florida, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is sharing guidelines on how you can make a difference for these endangered marine reptiles.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - At its July meeting in Stuart, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) presented Ken and Kay Corbin of Trenton with the Landowner of the Year award for the couple’s generous support of the FWC’s Youth Hunting Program of Florida.
- Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has increased patrols in strategic areas of the state to enhance manatee conservation and public safety.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), is unveiling its new 2019 manatee and sea turtle decals. These high-quality stickers, featuring beautiful original artwork, are a fun way for people to support the research, rescue and management efforts that conserve these species and spread the word about the challenges they face.
- Friday, June 21, 2019 - Today, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) Executive Director Eric Sutton applauded Governor Ron DeSantis for approving the budget for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. The budget will fund high priority conservation items like red tide research and coral reef disease response and restoration.