Showing 21 through 30 of 129 articles for tag wildlife
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. and participants should arrive by 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - Approximately 300 sick or dead turtles have been reported that may be related to this ongoing mortality event.
- Monday, March 18, 2019 - The FWC captured the bear in response to multiple reports of a bear entering tents.
- Monday, March 11, 2019 - Bat maternity season begins April 15 and runs through Aug. 15, and during this time it’s illegal to block bats from their roost.
- Monday, March 4, 2019 - Disturbance can cause birds to abandon their nesting sites, exposing eggs and chicks to predators, sun exposure and other harm.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 - The proposed rule includes regulations regarding the use, placement, possession and transport of bird traps.
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 - The new rules will add high-risk nonnative animals to the Prohibited list and clarify rule language by defining key terms.
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 - Come to the 10th annual Florida Scrub-Jay Festival on Saturday, Feb. 23 in downtown Titusville at the Julia Street parking lot to learn more about this threatened species and its reliance on healthy scrub habitat.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - The FWC is performing routine maintenance and replacing degraded waterway signs in the existing boundaries of the manatee protection zones and boating restricted areas.