Showing 21 through 30 of 124 articles for tag wildlife
- Friday, October 18, 2019 - These charges represent the state’s largest seizure of turtles in recent history.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - This free public event is Saturday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at FWRI’s headquarters in downtown St. Petersburg, 100 Eighth Ave. SE.
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 - The course, offered by the FWC’s Landowner Assistance Program, will be held on Thursday, Oct. 24, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at North Florida Research & Education Center, 155 Research Road, Quincy.
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019 - To learn more about becoming a contracted nuisance alligator trapper and to apply online, visit MyFWC.com/Alligator and click on “Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program.”
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 - People may surrender their exotic pets at the event, whether they are being kept legally or illegally, without penalty or cost.
- Monday, October 7, 2019 - The goal of these workshops is to encourage participation in gopher tortoise conservation at the local level by providing information that may assist participants with establishing local gopher tortoise protection policies.
FWC Python Action Team removes 900th snake, captures record python from Big Cypress National PreserveFriday, October 4, 2019 - FWC PAT members Cynthia Downer and Jonathan Lopez captured the large adult female python weighing 98 pounds, 10 ounces, on Sept. 22 at Big Cypress National Preserve.
- Monday, September 30, 2019 - The new rule will provide an additional tool for law enforcement officers to help stop the poaching of these birds, while still allowing for lawful uses of bird traps.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - The FWC will meet at the Radisson Resort at the Port, 8701 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Monday, September 23, 2019 - The FWC will host an open house and public meeting on Thursday, Oct. 17 at Grand Lake RV and Golf Resort, 18545 45th Avenue in Citra from 5 - 8:30 p.m.