Showing 11 through 20 of 109 articles
FWC, University of Florida invite public to second meeting on Lake Istokpoga Habitat Management PlanWednesday, January 2, 2019 - The meeting will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Jan. 10, at the Bert J. Harris Jr. Agricultural Center Auditorium, 4509 George Blvd., Sebring, FL, 33875.
- Friday, December 21, 2018 - Gag grouper will close to recreational harvest in Gulf state and federal waters Jan. 1, 2019. The same day, several species of grouper will also close to recreational and commercial harvest in Florida state waters of the Atlantic and all state waters off Monroe County.
- Friday, December 21, 2018 - Recreational and commercial blue crab traps may remain in the water during this period.
- Thursday, December 20, 2018 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway. At no time is any vessel required to proceed so slowly that the operator is unable to control it or anything it may be towing.
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - During the investigation, FWC officers gathered evidence of numerous illegal acts in several Florida counties on both private and public lands. Prosecution of this case is being coordinated by the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway. At no time is any vessel required to proceed so slowly that the operator is unable to control it or anything it may be towing.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - Results from the 2015-2016 manatee abundance survey suggest there were between 7,520 and 10,280 manatees in Florida, totals higher than an earlier abundance estimate suggested.
- Monday, December 17, 2018 - TrophyCatch program celebrated six years of trophy bass conservation at its annual Hall of Fame ceremony held at Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World in Orlando. During the past six seasons, TrophyCatch has awarded prizes for the catch and release of more than 8,000 largemouth bass. There are 54 Hall of Fame anglers in the program to date.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - Zones 1 and 3 on the Suwannee River, and Zones 7 and 8 on the Santa Fe.
- Friday, December 14, 2018 - The FWC is gathering input on management of the recreational spotted seatrout fishery. Your input will help FWC better understand the public’s satisfaction and desires related to this popular recreational fishery.