Showing 11 through 20 of 473 articles
- Thursday, March 12, 2020 - During this time of year, manatees leave their winter refuges and are more likely to be found in rivers, canals and nearshore waters.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is excited to announce the 6th annual Lionfish Removal and Awareness Festival May 16 and 17 at AJ’s Seafood and Oyster Bar and HarborWalk Village in Destin. Come out and celebrate the fight against invasive lionfish with the FWC and Destin – Fort Walton Beach.
- Monday, March 9, 2020 - The public hearing will be at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 19 at the John Boy Auditorium, 1200 S. WC Owen Ave. in Clewiston.
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 - To properly certify a new Florida state record, an FWC biologist must identify the fish species, and an FWC employee—usually but not necessarily the same individual—must witness its weighing on a certified scale.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) is offering free hunter safety internet-completion courses in seven counties during April. Hunter safety courses are designed to help students become safe, responsible and knowledgeable hunters and learn about conservation.
- Monday, March 2, 2020 - This increased level of wildlife activity means people are more likely to encounter wildlife and should take precautions to avoid disrupting these natural behaviors and prevent conflicts with wildlife.
- Friday, February 28, 2020 - Meeting attendees will be invited to comment on a draft rule amendment, which if passed would prohibit importing or possessing whole and parts of carcasses of all members of the deer family originating from outside of Florida, except for de-boned meat; finished taxidermy mounts; antlers; and hides, skulls, skull caps, and teeth if all soft tissue has been removed.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 - The FWC, South Florida Water Management District and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plan to conduct a prescribed burn on the northwest end of Lake Okeechobee this week,
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 - The Park Law Enforcement Association honored FWC Officer Kyle Yurewitch with the 2019 Distinguished Service Award during its awards banquet.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 - The meeting will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Tavares Civic Center, 110 E Caroline Street, Tavares, FL 32778.