Showing 11 through 20 of 719 articles
- Monday, May 24, 2021 - The FWC, in cooperation with the SFWMD, is mechanically removing invasive floating plants and floating tussocks from the south end of Lake Kissimmee. The project is scheduled to continue through June.
- Monday, May 24, 2021 - We are grateful for his recognition of this important week urging Floridians and visitors to boat safely while enjoying Florida’s beautiful waterways.
- Friday, May 21, 2021 - This targeted enforcement was in response to a tragic incident that occurred on May 17, 2020 on the Alafia River involving a boat towing a tube, and a personal watercraft being operated by Joseph Miltner, age 40, who fatally struck 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Friday, May 21, 2021 - The FWC will conduct aquatic plant control on Lake Panasoffkee the week of May 24, weather permitting.
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 - The FWC has temporarily postponed its aquatic plant control on Lake Toho, originally scheduled for the week of May 17, due to high wind conditions.
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 - William Joseph Peckham caught the Gulf kingfish (whiting) of a lifetime on April 18 while fishing off Pensacola Beach. His 2.4-pound catch beat out the previous Florida Saltwater Fishing Record of 2.19 pounds.
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 - Seasonal harvest closures and anglers using proper handling methods when practicing catch-and-release help conserve Florida’s valuable snook populations and can ensure the species’ abundance for anglers today and generations to come.
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 - Gag grouper will open for recreational harvest in most state Gulf of Mexico waters and all federal Gulf waters June 1, and will remain open through Dec. 31.
- Thursday, May 20, 2021 - The recreational harvest of greater amberjack and gray triggerfish in Gulf of Mexico state and federal waters closes June 1 and will remain closed through July 31, reopening Aug. 1.
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 - If you plan to enjoy our beautiful waterways, check out MyFWC.com/Boating for boating safety tips.