Showing 1 through 10 of 245 articles
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - The season will remain open through May 31.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - These changes were made to benefit spotted seatrout populations while continuing to provide quality fishing opportunities.
- Friday, January 17, 2020 - The FWC and partners including the National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative are hosting a Tri-State Bobwhite Symposium for landowners and land managers in northwest Florida.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 - Those interested in attending a course can register online and obtain information about future hunter safety classes at MyFWC.com/HunterSafety or by calling the FWC’s regional office in Panama City at 850-265-3676.
- Monday, January 13, 2020 - If your New Year’s resolution is to enjoy the health benefits from spending time outdoors, sign up now for the Feb. 7-9, 2020, Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop near West Palm Beach.
- Friday, January 10, 2020 - Starting today, participants in the 10-day Python Bowl begin removing Burmese pythons from the Everglades for a chance to win prizes for removing these nonnative constrictors from public lands in South Florida.
- Friday, January 10, 2020 - The FWC will be hosting an open house on Tuesday, Jan. 14, from 3-8 p.m. at the Tavares Pavilion on the Lake at 200 S. Disston Ave., Tavares, FL 32778. This free event is open to the public.
FWC and partners hosting workshops for private landowners to plan and participate in prescribed burnThursday, January 9, 2020 - The workshops, offered by the FWC’s Landowner Assistance Program, will be held in Washington and Okaloosa counties in January and February.
- Monday, January 6, 2020 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), University of Florida/IFAS and Lake Istokpoga Stakeholder Advisory Committee invite the public to a meeting to discuss the new draft Lake Istokpoga Habitat Management Plan. The meeting will be held from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. on January 14, at the Bert J. Harris Jr. Agricultural Center Auditorium, 4509 George Blvd., Sebring, FL, 33875.
- Friday, December 27, 2019 - The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has cancelled the blue crab trap closure previously scheduled for Jan. 16-25, 2020,