Showing 1 through 10 of 603 articles
- Friday, September 13, 2019 - This grant program is focused on recruiting new anglers, retaining active anglers and reactivating lapsed anglers to ensure the future of fishing in Florida.
- Thursday, September 12, 2019 - The FWC has a Lionfish Educational Exhibit Program that provides one-time financial assistance to help build or update a high-quality lionfish exhibit.
- Tuesday, September 10, 2019 - Kayaks are nimble, less expensive than most motorized boats and provide access to places even the best casts from land just can’t reach.
- Monday, September 9, 2019 - Help prevent conflicts with bears by securing garbage and other items that might attract these animals.
- Friday, September 6, 2019 - Bay scallop seasons in the following regions close
- Friday, September 6, 2019 - The 2019-2020 hunting season is already underway in south Florida’s Zone A and will soon be opening in the other three hunting zones. This season, there are new statewide rule changes that hunters need to understand, especially when it comes to hunting deer.
- Tuesday, August 27, 2019 - The workshop will be Thursday, Aug. 29, from 6 to 8 p.m. at DeFuniak Springs Community Center, 361 North 10th Street in DeFuniak Springs.
- Monday, August 26, 2019 - License-free fishing days are a great way for Florida residents and visitors to get out on the water and find out why Florida is known as the Fishing Capital of the World.
- Monday, August 26, 2019 - The fourth annual Lionfish Challenge is almost over (last day to submit is Labor Day, Sept. 2), but there is still time to earn prizes or get a chance at $3,000 for harvesting the largest or smallest lionfish of the competition.
- Friday, August 23, 2019 - The updated website floats a familiar design and feel but offers some exciting new features, most notably an improved submission format that identifies which recognitions a catch will likely qualify for.