Showing 1 through 10 of 510 articles
- Monday, May 20, 2019 - The FWC will treat invasive hydrilla in the Columbia County lake in areas where it is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and where it is impacting access to navigation.
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 - With National Safe Boating week and the release of the 2018 Boating Accident Statistical Report, the FWC encourages boaters to focus on simple, effective steps that make boating safer.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - Applicants must pass a criminal history check, have no fish or wildlife law violations, and possess a valid, working email address.
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - FWC officials want boaters to be aware that these jumping fish can injure people.
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - Stone crab season will reopen on Oct. 15. This five-month closure occurs each year during the peak spawning season to help conserve Florida’s valuable stone crab resource.
- Monday, May 13, 2019 - The FWC’s Invasive Plant Management Section will treat approximately 128 acres of invasive hydrilla.
- Monday, May 13, 2019 - Lionfish Removal and Awareness Day (the first Saturday after Mother’s Day each year) raises awareness about lionfish; a nonnative, invasive species that has the potential to negatively impact native species and habitat.
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - Take a few minutes to make sure you have the necessary safety equipment on your vessels before leaving the boat ramp and take extra safety precautions while out on the water.
FWC’s High School Fishing Program congratulates St. Cloud High School as winner of Costa Kick Plastic Conservation Project CompetitionFriday, May 10, 2019 - The student angler participants completed 10 conservation projects, including waterway clean-ups, created their own campaign to reduce the use of single-use water bottles on their school campus, and collected used soft plastic baits to melt down and create new baits.
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - A 15 pound, 13 ounce Hall of Fame largemouth bass was caught and released in Orange Lake by Brian Hammett.