Showing 1 through 10 of 934 articles
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023 - The FWC is seeking public input on a draft addendum to the State Wildlife Action Plan. The purpose of this addendum is to incorporate 596 native plant species into the state’s Species of Greatest Conservation Need list.
Start planning for the new year: The FWC announces new Saltwater Fishing Record categories coming in 2024Tuesday, November 28, 2023 - In addition to the current All Tackle and Fly-Fishing Weight categories, the FWC will add a Youth Weight category for anglers aged 15 and under, and Youth and Adult Length categories to allow for catch-and-release records.
- Monday, November 20, 2023 - For the full Dec. 5 agenda and links to background reports, go to MyFWC.com/Commission and select “Commission Meetings.”
- Thursday, November 16, 2023 - These rule changes are part of the FWC’s Florida Trophy Bass Project and intended to create conditions that increase the waterbodies’ potential to produce largemouth bass 15 pounds and heavier.
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023 - As temperatures start to dip in the fall, manatees travel to Florida springs, power plant discharge areas and other warm-water sites to overwinter until temperatures rise again in the spring.
CWD response efforts, increased sampling, hunter support strong during first weeks of hunting seasonTuesday, November 14, 2023 - Nearly 400 samples from the Enhanced Surveillance Zone have been tested since the initial detection of a CWD-positive female deer found in Holmes County in June 2023. So far, CWD has not been detected in any of the additional samples.
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023 - To learn more about becoming a contracted nuisance alligator trapper and to apply online, visit MyFWC.com/Alligator and click on “Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program.”
- Thursday, November 9, 2023 - Freshwater fisheries researchers and managers with the FWC successfully released more than 11,000 shoal bass over the past two years.
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023 - The amiable competition between participants fishing Fellsmere Reservoir and Orange Lake was designed to highlight both fisheries, generate enthusiasm for bass fishing and encourage participation in the FWC's TrophyCatch program.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023 - This partial drawdown, or lowering of lake water levels, will allow for shoreline nuisance aquatic vegetation control. The lake will not close to fishing during this brief wintertime drawdown.