Showing 1 through 10 of 897 articles
- Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - FWRI's Harmful Algal Bloom Grant Program has awarded funding to three projects to address research related to Karenia brevis.
- Tuesday, November 22, 2022 - The FWC’s Florida Trophy Bass Project is pitting two popular fishing destinations against each other: Orange Lake versus Fellsmere Water Management Area (also known as Headwaters) to determine which of these two waterbodies will be the 2022-23 Florida Trophy Bass Lake of the Year.
- Monday, November 21, 2022 - The minimum size limit for flounder is 14 inches total length and the daily recreational bag limit is five fish per person.
- Monday, November 21, 2022 - Six abandoned roads will be removed and four water control structures will be constructed near Key Deer Boulevard and Watson Road.
- Friday, November 18, 2022 - The number of impacted vessels is significant and many residents are still assessing damages. Taking these factors into consideration, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has decided to extend the waiver acceptance deadline through the end of December.
- Friday, November 18, 2022 - The virtual workshop will start at 6 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 21.
- Thursday, November 17, 2022 - One lucky person will soon take home a brand-new bass boat package during a live, random drawing at the Bobby Lane High School Cup Bass Fishing Tournament in Lake Wales on Dec. 3.
- Tuesday, November 15, 2022 - The FWC will meet in person Nov. 3-Dec.1 at Bluegreen’s Bayside Resort and Spa, 4144 Jan Cooley Drive, Panama City Beach, FL, 32408.
- Friday, November 4, 2022 - Vessel owners have until 45 days after Ian crossed the state to get their vessels out of derelict condition. The end of the grace period is Nov. 15.
- Tuesday, November 1, 2022 - Boaters should follow guidelines and follow all manatee protection zones; look out while boating; wear polarized glasses and always give them space.