Showing 11 through 20 of 86 articles for tag boating
- Thursday, June 1, 2023 - Florida had 735 boating accidents in 2022, 16 fewer than in 2021. A total of 65 people lost their lives in these accidents, five more than the previous year.
- Thursday, June 1, 2023 - In past years, boaters have been injured by direct strikes with sturgeon.
- Friday, May 19, 2023 - To reduce the number of boating accidents, the FWC encourages boaters to pay attention, maintain 360-degree awareness at all times and take a boater safety course.
- Thursday, May 11, 2023 - The designated areas are at Fleming Key, Sigsbee, Garrison Bight, Cow Key, Niles Channel, Bahia Honda Channel and Boot Key.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - The FWC will meet in person May 10-11 at the Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon, 5101 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. ET each day and is open to the public.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023 - This project will restore seagrass habitat lost due to a vessel grounding event. FWC staff will first restore the grounding area to natural sediment grade followed by transplanting native seagrass.
- Thursday, March 23, 2023 - Due to changes to section 327.4108, Florida Statutes that the Legislature approved last year, the FWC will adopt rules establishing anchoring areas, along with maximum allowable vessel drafts, throughout Monroe County.
- Tuesday, March 14, 2023 - VTIP is a key component of Florida’s derelict vessel prevention program. This voluntary program is designed to help owners dispose of their unwanted at-risk vessels before they become derelict.
- Friday, March 10, 2023 - Life jackets save lives. Statistics show that drowning is the leading cause of death in boating accidents and that most people who drown in these accidents were not wearing a life jacket.
- Friday, March 3, 2023 - With the abundant opportunities to recreate on the water in Florida, the state plays an important role within National Association of State Boating Law Administrators.