Showing 21 through 30 of 91 articles for tag commission
- Thursday, July 23, 2020 - The revisions include clarifications and updates to data, permitting and mitigation requirements.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - Changes approved include reducing recreational daily bag limit from 10 to three fish per person along the Atlantic coast from Nassau through Miami-Dade counties.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - FWC staff worked with stakeholders on these changes that are intended to increase the stone crab population and build resiliency in the fishery.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 - The draft rules discussed by the Commission today, if approved again in October, would temporarily suspend all harvest of wild oysters from the bay and prohibit on-the-water possession of wild oyster harvesting equipment (tongs) through Dec. 31, 2025, or until 300 bags per acre of adult oysters can be found on a significant number of reefs.
- Tuesday, June 30, 2020 - This meeting is being held using Adobe Connect with a telephone conference line for accepting public comments during the meeting.
- Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - This program expands the already successful Gulf Reef Fish Survey statewide to the Atlantic coast and Monroe County.
- Monday, April 20, 2020 - The FWC will meet online May 14 beginning at 9 am using Adobe Connect with a telephone conference line for accepting public comment during the meeting.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The long-term bay scallop season in Gulf County (including St. Joseph Bay) to open Aug. 16 through Sept. 24 each year beginning in 2021.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - FWC Avian Conservation Coordinator Craig Faulhaber was awarded the 2019 Rodney Barreto FWC Employee of the Year Award. The Foundation also honored recently retired FYCCN Director Rae Waddell with the 2019 Louise Ireland Humphrey Award.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The FWC honored Bob Jenkins as the 2020 Florida Land Steward Landowner of the Year.