Showing 21 through 30 of 53 articles for tag law enforcement
- Monday, October 19, 2020 - This group of suspects have been charged with Racketeering, Money Laundering, Scheming to Defraud and other organized criminal laws involving an elaborate organized enterprise to smuggle Florida’s wildlife to interstate and international buyers.
Suspects arrested in gill netting case involving the netting of juvenile bottlenose dolphin and multiple fish speciesWednesday, August 5, 2020 - FWC officers concluded an investigation in Pinellas County that resulted in the arrest of two suspects, Yunior C. Rosales Morales and Yandie Concepcion, for the unlawful use of a monofilament entanglement net to take several species of fish and a juvenile bottlenose dolphin.
FWC promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekend as part of Operation Dry WaterThursday, July 2, 2020 - FWC officers will be focused on educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober and enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws.
- Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - National Boating Safety Week is May 16-22 and we want to spread the word about boating safety to those enjoying Florida’s year-round boating season.
- Monday, March 23, 2020 - There are now no active zones on the Santa Fe or Suwannee, according to FWC officials.
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 - The Park Law Enforcement Association honored FWC Officer Kyle Yurewitch with the 2019 Distinguished Service Award during its awards banquet.
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - The Shikar-Safari Club International named FWC Officer Michael Rice its 2019 Wildlife Officer of the Year during the Commission meeting in Tallahassee.
- Friday, October 18, 2019 - These charges represent the state’s largest seizure of turtles in recent history.
- Monday, September 30, 2019 - The new rule will provide an additional tool for law enforcement officers to help stop the poaching of these birds, while still allowing for lawful uses of bird traps.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - The FWC will meet at the Radisson Resort at the Port, 8701 Astronaut Blvd., Cape Canaveral, FL 32920. The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.