Showing 31 through 40 of 43 articles for tag law enforcement
- Friday, May 10, 2019 - Take a few minutes to make sure you have the necessary safety equipment on your vessels before leaving the boat ramp and take extra safety precautions while out on the water.
FWC announces final opportunity for municipalities, counties to apply for derelict vessel removal fundsTuesday, April 30, 2019 - The third application period for the Bulk Derelict Vessel Removal Grant Program begins Monday May 6 at 8 a.m. (EDT) and ends Wednesday June 19 at 5 p.m. (EDT).
FWC, Office of Statewide Prosecutor charge 3 with multiple felonies exploiting South Florida commercial fishing industryTuesday, March 19, 2019 - The suspects are charged with numerous felony charges, including racketeering, conspiracy to commit racketeering, organized scheme to defraud, criminal use of personal identification, and official misconduct pertaining to the sale and transfer of Spiny Lobster Trap Certificates as well as obtaining Restricted Species Endorsements on Saltwater Products Licenses.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - During the week of March 17-23, the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and the FWC encourage all boaters to take part in the national Spring Aboard – Take A Boating Education Course campaign by taking a boating safety course.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. each day and is open to the public.
- Monday, February 4, 2019 - USA Marine Training, Peace River Charters and TAC Training are the first three companies to have been approved to offer the course.
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - During the investigation, FWC officers gathered evidence of numerous illegal acts in several Florida counties on both private and public lands. Prosecution of this case is being coordinated by the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Statewide Prosecution.
FWC arrests individual for multiple misdemeanor, felony counts related to commercial fishing violationsWednesday, November 28, 2018 - Luis Falcon committed several violations of commercial fisheries regulations, including trap and tag violations, and commercial fishing without an applicable saltwater products license (Florida’s commercial license).
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - Boaters who look out for migrating manatees and follow posted manatee protection zones contribute to the conservation of this threatened species. They are reducing the chance of manatee injuries and disturbance, while enjoying their time on the water.
- Friday, September 28, 2018 - The National Boating Officer of the Year award was presented to the FWC's Officer Juan Blanco.