Showing 1 through 10 of 53 articles for tag law enforcement
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 - The roundtable meeting will be 6–8 p.m. Oct. 26, via Zoom.
- Friday, September 3, 2021 - Boaters are reminded not to operate vessels under the influence. In addition to decreasing the operator's ability to make sound judgments, the consumption of alcohol also negatively affects the ability of passengers to respond in the case of an emergency on the water.
- Thursday, July 15, 2021 - This case highlights the important role the public plays in assisting law enforcement through FWC’s Wildlife Alert Program in preserving Florida’s natural resources and bringing those who violate the law to justice.
- Monday, July 12, 2021 - An idle-speed, no-wake zone means a vessel must proceed at a speed no greater than what is required to maintain steerageway and headway.
FWC’s Operation Dry Water promotes education, enforcement for boating under the influence this weekendFriday, July 2, 2021 - FWC officers will be enforcing Florida’s boating under the influence laws and educating boaters about safe boating practices, which includes boating sober.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers renames Moore Haven Lock and Dam to honor fallen FWC Officer Julian Keen, Jr.Friday, June 18, 2021 - Officer Keen was shot and killed in LaBelle last June after attempting to stop a hit-and-run suspect while off duty. He served more than six years with the FWC and was highly respected in his community.
- Monday, June 14, 2021 - Col. Young will oversee more than 1,000 employees in the FWC’s Division of Law Enforcement who protect Florida’s natural resources and provide public safety on state lands and waters.
- Monday, May 24, 2021 - We are grateful for his recognition of this important week urging Floridians and visitors to boat safely while enjoying Florida’s beautiful waterways.
- Friday, May 21, 2021 - This targeted enforcement was in response to a tragic incident that occurred on May 17, 2020 on the Alafia River involving a boat towing a tube, and a personal watercraft being operated by Joseph Miltner, age 40, who fatally struck 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Friday, May 7, 2021 - Florida had 836 boating accidents in 2020, which is 113 more accidents than in 2019, a 16% increase.