Showing 11 through 20 of 53 articles for tag law enforcement
FWC, UF Maples Center for Forensic Medicine mark one-year milestone in model partnership for conservation law enforcementTuesday, May 4, 2021 - The FWC’s Division of Law Enforcement has expanded its forensic science component with the ambition of becoming nationally recognized as a premier wildlife forensic sciences program.
- Monday, May 3, 2021 - SLECA annually honors the best and brightest in Florida’s law enforcement community.
- Thursday, April 29, 2021 - Law enforcement agencies will be helping keep people safe by looking for reckless or careless vessel operation and enforcing boating under the influence on any impaired vessel operator.
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021 - The C.T. Randall served for 18 years directly supporting conservation efforts in state and federal waters operating out of Port Canaveral, Naval Air Station Jacksonville and Marco Island.
Kelly McKnight and Paul Dontenville, Assistant Statewide Prosecutors, honored as FWC Prosecutor of the YearTuesday, March 9, 2021 - McKnight and Dontenville serve as Assistant Statewide Prosecutors in Tampa for the Office of Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody and are distinguished professionals who have provided guidance, preparation and prosecution for the most complex organized crime cases of fish and wildlife violations in the state of Florida.
- Thursday, February 18, 2021 - The FWC was initially accredited in 2009. This was its fifth completion of the accreditation process.
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 - After nearly a yearlong investigation, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) has charged four individuals with multiple hunting related charges.
FWC and Hillsborough State Attorney announce charges filed in deadly Boating Under the Influence caseMonday, December 28, 2020 - Charges have been filed against Andrew Joseph Miltner, age 40, for BUI manslaughter and vessel homicide stemming from the fatal boating collision in May that resulted in the death of 12-year-old Jasina Campbell.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - This infectious disease of the brain and central nervous system is always fatal for members of the deer family and there’s no known cure or effective vaccine.
- Monday, October 26, 2020 - The division must comply with approximately 240 standards to receive reaccreditation status. If the CFA determines the Division of Law Enforcement has complied with the appropriate standards, the reaccreditation will be awarded for three years.