Showing 71 through 80 of 85 articles for tag freshwater
- Friday, April 19, 2019 - The Lake Yale East Boat Ramp will be temporarily closed from April 19 – May 20 to allow for the removal of floating vegetation and mud (tussocks) from three coves within Lake Yale.
FWC, Southwest Florida CISMA invite the public to participate in free freshwater 2019 Invasive Fish RoundupThursday, April 18, 2019 - This free event takes place from April 26 through 28, with the weigh-in occurring on Sunday, April 28 from noon until 3 p.m. at Bass Pro Shops, 10040 Gulf Center Drive, Fort Myers, Florida 33913.
- Friday, April 12, 2019 - Six underwater green LED dock lights have been installed at the Hickory Point Park fishing pier on Lake Harris.AC
- Thursday, April 11, 2019 - The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. April 23, at the Southeastern Livestock Pavilion and Extension Auditorium, 2228 NE Jacksonville Road in Ocala.
- Tuesday, March 26, 2019 - Free youth freshwater fishing derby at Tenoroc Public Use Area and Youth Conservation Center in Lakeland on April 6, from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019 - The FWC’s Invasive Plant Management Section will treat 146 acres of hydrilla on the Orange County lake, where this invasive plant species is encroaching on beneficial native submersed aquatic plants and may impact access to navigation and flood protection.
Reminder: Snook, red drum and spotted seatrout changes remain in effect for SW Florida areas previously impacted by red tideTuesday, March 5, 2019 - The FWC made these temporary regulation changes to help conserve these popular inshore species that were negatively impacted by a prolonged red tide that affected the area.
- Friday, March 1, 2019 - FWC staff recently completed a series of listening sessions that provided the public with an opportunity to provide feedback about management activities on Florida waterbodies with a focus on invasive plant management. Based on the input provided at these meetings, the FWC will begin implementing a number of improvements.
FWC’s High School Fishing program announces Costa as premiere sponsor of conservation project initiativeTuesday, January 29, 2019 - The student angler participants must complete at least one conservation project in order to qualify for the funding associated with the program.
- Thursday, January 24, 2019 - During this pause, staff will work to collect public comments regarding the FWC’s aquatic plant management program.